redapple
    redapple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post
    wow... wierd ! tell us if you get paid. man i hope you do.
    Sure, I will keep you guys updated. I did enjoy playing at matchbook before and I wish they can do well and grow big, but I have to say this wire payout experience is really killing me. I couldn't help but laughing when I saw their words ,'all possible efforts are being made to get you your funds as soon as possible. We are working on your case everyday.' It took them 36 days to give a first try sending out the wire, it has been 11 days since my bank returned the wire on April 28th (confirmed by their bank) and they are still not willing to resend the wire.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    what an ignorant statement
    pinnacle still doesn't have commision. From other books I've seen the lines are good as well. How does it count as ignorant? i realize its not an exchange.

I haven't looked into matchbook before but I think its interesting how the lines are not set by bookmakers...I will have to look into it some more.
    Last edited by Tsonga; 05-10-11 at 09:30 AM.

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Quote Originally Posted by redapple View Post
    They sent the wire to the wrong account #, they can simply provide an amendment per my bank's request, but they requested a recall instead. They can resend the wire immediately , they have requested the wire to be returned, they know they will get it back for sure, that's actually what they told me earlier, but they changed their words later to 'we will only resend the wire when we receive the returned fund back', they even said something like 'we don't have the money to pay you now, we have to wait for the wire to get back to our account to pay you.' I just couldn't believe what I heard at that time, so straightforward, we don't have the money to pay you now. LOL

So after all these explanations, you still think it's just an honest mistake?
    Redapple as you have been explained multiple times, your payment was sent to an incorrect account number and has been recovered and now reissued. This was a complicated process.

In the over 2500 US player payments only a tiny few had problems. Unfortunaltey you were one of the unlucky ones. You will have your full account balance shortly. Please continue to be patient.

- Mike

MatchbookMike

We will be having many promotions like this for various sports and individual markets over the coming months.

Soon players will realize that Matchbook is the cheapest and best place to play.

Stay tuned for further promotions.

- Mike

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Mike: Any thoughts on growing live betting? This is why I highlighted the per-transaction model. Most of the liquidity on in-running events comes from traders moving in and out of positions (this liquidity also allows your Average Joe to get his bet matched). If you are going to charge 1% on every trade, there is absolutely no incentive to trade in-running.

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes mike, i would like to know what you are going to do about live in play betting as if you can get it up and running ur onto a gold mine, also when are you adding more currencies as moneybookers charge me an exchange rate.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Matchbook needs live betting

I looked at tennis volume its ok for a start

they need to promote heavy in europe

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17011

MatchbookMike, when are you guys going to offer accounts in EUR? Exchange rates are killing us..

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Matchbook is def on the right track...adding Euro and CAD currencies would go a long way to increasing the liquidity and number of players.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20357

Quote Originally Posted by Tsonga View Post
    pinnacle still doesn't have commision. From other books I've seen the lines are good as well. How does it count as ignorant? i realize its not an exchange.

I haven't looked into matchbook before but I think its interesting how the lines are not set by bookmakers...I will have to look into it some more.
    there is essentially no difference between paying commission on an exchange and paying juice/vig to a bookmaker

to suggest that a bookmaker is a better option because you don't pay commission ignores the fact that they have juice built into their odds - it's just not as transparent as the commission you pay to an exchange

more often than not you can do better on an exchange than even Pinnacle's odds (subject to liquidity)

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Matchbook's commission is 0.5/1% depending on if you offer or accept...that's 1 cent of vig at most...considering you save about 5-10 cents at least on almost all your bets(sometimes even more) it's WELL worth it.

MatchbookMike

We are working to expand into GBP, EUR and HKD currencies in the next few months. We may also add CDN and AUD.

There are many exciting Matchbook developments coming in the next few weeks and months.

Stay Tuned.

MatchbookMike

We will be looking to improve our in running product and appreciate your feedback. We will be running specific promotions with the intent to improve IR liquidity in the near future.

I will suggest to them the Netwin commission structure for in-running traders.

- Mike

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20357

I'd really like to see some sets and handicap betting on tennis rather than just h2h

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109030

Adding other currencies will really improve the competitive ability of Matchbook.

I hope there will be the possibility to change the currency when other currencies are added, so the old customers don't have to keep dollars as currency.
    Last edited by Stefan; 05-10-11 at 09:25 PM.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook Mike,

I haven't seen anyone here claim to have received their wire recently. When do you expect payouts to resume?

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Matchbook Mike,

I haven't seen anyone here claim to have received their wire recently. When do you expect payouts to resume?
    Hi Igetp2s,

After April 15th (Black Friday) it became far more difficult to make our payments back to US players. Our payment team has had to find new payment processors which caused the delay.

The last 125 payments are being sent out in smaller batches starting again yesterday. Please be patient, Matchbook is very well funded and is making every effort to pay every player as quickly as possible.

- Mike

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes pls hurry with the currencies, the exchange fees are not the worst...the unstable USD is.
    Site looks good otherwise and seems to be improving, liquidity shouldn't be a problem if you hurry up.

First 12