beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Effect of Ballesteros dying on Nadal..

Could have an effect today as he was a childhood idol to Rafa...HATE to use angles like this...but makes fed look a bit more enticing on the handicap..

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Well, I initially wrote that in my thread and on TI awhile ago but the more I think about it, the more I think if anything it'll have the opposite effect. His mental strength is remarkable.

Nadal's too much of a stallion - if he's not willing to retire at the Aussie Open when he was obviously in severe pain and was starting to get beaten, then I can't see him letting this affect him negatively. I think if he is thinking about Sevie's death at match time, he'll use it as that elusive special motivational technique ie Do it for Sevie

I'm not saying the handicap bet is wrong in my opinion. But my initial reasoning for considering it has dissipated after I thought about it some more. Best of luck whatever you decide to do

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Is this the year someone finally beats him on Clay? Not likely.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Well, I initially wrote that in my thread and on TI awhile ago but the more I think about it, the more I think if anything it'll have the opposite effect. His mental strength is remarkable.

Nadal's too much of a stallion - if he's not willing to retire at the Aussie Open when he was obviously in severe pain and was starting to get beaten, then I can't see him letting this affect him negatively. I think if he is thinking about Sevie's death at match time, he'll use it as that elusive special motivational technique ie Do it for Sevie

I'm not saying the handicap bet is wrong in my opinion. But my initial reasoning for considering it has dissipated after I thought about it some more. Best of luck whatever you decide to do

On top of everything as usual my dear...