Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peng to defeat Schiavone

i like the odds on Peng here. she has had a great year. while clay is not her strongest surface, Schiavone has struggled in the last couple of months. head to head is 2-1 but all on hard courts. the last two meetings have been won by Peng .

i will be on Peng to win and advance to the second round.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I am not a huge tennis guy but this pick stood out to me and I tossed some on it.. I also went very large on julia goeges. Tiny play on Krimm the old chinese lady.

Best of luck on the play.

Any thoughts on other matches?

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

nah just betting on peng.

Coochiemudlo
    Coochiemudlo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck. I want to jump on but unsure because of the surface.

jididii
    jididii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Gl with the play! Close match

Jididii

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

There is no reason Peng should have lost this matchup. She's 30/10 overall and Schiavone is 12/11. Just doesn't make sense. I said before that I don't know shit about Tennis but I have had success betting on this sport simply by just reviewing stat lines but this pick stood out to me as well. I would have been on it had I seen it before the game was played....

Can anybody answer me though why Schiavone is apparently ranked # 4 with a shitty YTD record of 12/11 while Peng is ranked # 30 with a record of 30/10?

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post
    There is no reason Peng should have lost this matchup. She's 30/10 overall and Schiavone is 12/11. Just doesn't make sense. I said before that I don't know shit about Tennis but I have had success betting on this sport simply by just reviewing stat lines but this pick stood out to me as well. I would have been on it had I seen it before the game was played....

Can anybody answer me though why Schiavone is apparently ranked # 4 with a shitty YTD record of 12/11 while Peng is ranked # 30 with a record of 30/10?

She has a grand slam which carries a lot points for rankings. Rankings are 365 days long, so she won't lose those critical points unless she loses the French.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i will skip it, maybe shaddy one..

iMxth3xbossx5000

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskan View Post
    She has a grand slam which carries a lot points for rankings. Rankings are 365 days long, so she won't lose those critical points unless she loses the French.
    Yea see this is the first time in my life I'm actually getting involved with learning anything about tennis, so I didn't even understood how the rankings worked or how these matchups are determined or anything. What I do is I just review the players stat lines, check wins/losses and previous competition each competitor has faced... the surfaces, and career wins/losses on whatever surface the game is being played on.. Reviewing all that above usually wins me 8 out of 10 matches maybe per day, or when I bet less I can go 5-0 or 7-1.. I can understand upsets happen, injuries can take their toll on a player and effect performance as well... but now that i understand how all these rankings work nd shit, would it jus be better to bet on players maybe within the top 30 instead of betting players who are ranked in the 60's or 70's competing against each other?

iMxth3xbossx5000

btw I also checked the mens stats and I think I saw this dude Andrey Golubev or some shit like that ranked # 4 (or sumwheres close) in the world and yet he got like 4 wins and almost quadruple as many losses. Now thats disturbing to think a player like that could be ranked so high.........................

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post
    btw I also checked the mens stats and I think I saw this dude Andrey Golubev or some shit like that ranked # 4 (or sumwheres close) in the world and yet he got like 4 wins and almost quadruple as many losses. Now thats disturbing to think a player like that could be ranked so high.........................

Year round rankings are pretty foolish when trying to gauge how a player is doing currently. Which is why some of the big tourney's seed themselves regardless of the world point rankings. Betting the lower ranked players is where you will make your money. The high seeds are hard to read sometimes and the odds tend to be crap. You can hit many more dogs when betting low seeded match ups.