koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Correct Me If I'm Wrong, But It Seems Clay Matches Are Easier To Bet

Slowing down the surface seems to enable the better players to win more proportionally. With hard, it seems like there were huge upsets all the time. I'm not really noticing them since paying attention to the clay odds. Superior players go down like 1-4 occassionally or 0-3 and then win the match without a hitch. On hard, the inferior players can cheap point hold their way to upsets or bash the ball.

Feliciano Lopez and Big Dick Raonic are somewhat exceptions. I'm somewhat surprised that Lopez and Raonic are still winning a lot on their serve, but I guess it makes sense. If your serve is so powerful, even a slower surface is still not gonna completely nullify your game. They haven't pulled off any huge upsets. Gulbis just lost today easily, so he's just off. Ferrer killed both. Just a few small underdog wins.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would guess it's just that you're winning more with these tournaments, so it seems easier. Tennis betting period ... not easy.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I would guess it's just that you're winning more with these tournaments, so it seems easier. Tennis betting period ... not easy.
    You've been on a roll lately. Shari is on a roll. I've hit some good bets, but usually just observe. Lakercrazy has been hitting. Someone hit a 700 hundred dollar parlay yesterday. Just seems like clay is where the money is at.
    You get these matchups of good players against mediocre players and the clay seems to make sure the seperation is noticeable. Also, you got these South American players that play almost exclusively on clay going against people unused to clay or mediocre on clay.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

There may not be as many "big" priced underdogs winning because the top guys who get top price like Nadal, Ferrer, etc. are rarely beaten by novices on this surface. Plenty of dogs still cash though.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    There may not be as many "big" priced underdogs winning because the top guys who get top price like Nadal, Ferrer, etc. are rarely beaten by novices on this surface. Plenty of dogs still cash though.
    That's another thing about clay lately. When the matchup is something like -140--180/+115-+140, the small dog that a lot of people are taking is winning. So value betting works out too. Most people were on Petzchner today from reading around the betting boards. Yet, he was the dog. Lopez has been a small dog all week and he keeps cashing.