StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

of course the williams sisters are an exception..these two girls in their prime kicked everybody's ass and made tennis less exciting by winning any tornament they felt compelled to..at times the only one who could stop a williams sister is each other..age..injuries and other factors taking a toll on their dominance but it was a hell of a run

wonder how serena is doing after her foot injury..she cut her foot pretty bad a while back

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Young family is a piece of work.

They had no problem soaking up all that Nike money, but when the USTA wanted him to participate in their training program with their coaches a few years ago---Mama Young wanted to remain his coach.

It is time Donald cut the umbilical cord and start acting like a man. Mama isn't going to get him where he needs to get to.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I finally watched a wozi math yesterday and I so hate when she is in trouble she pulls that moonball shit all the time to change the pace. Her game is so vanilla and passive..it will work to a certain extent, I realize(as much as I hate to say it) how much I miss the Williams sisters..
    I like Wozniacki alot but I really wonder how she would do if Serena or Kim were up to speed. Today she was throughly beaten in every facet of the game, Goerges ran her all over the court. Against the aggressive style of play that Serena plays and Julia utilized today, the moonball and long defensive rallies and just a defensive style of play are not going to cut it, she just looked passive out there today.

I think Caroline was tired today, we will see, she is fighter and I really like her heart but I think she really needs to add some aggression to her game. I hope those news stories are right and she pays the big bucks and hires Martina as an advisor or coach.

jamboy
    jamboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donald Young is an ungrateful brat who can't do anything without his mommy. Another example of how some parents can be such a pain. American tennis definitely sucks right now. The only stable player they have is Fish, and although he could be quite good at times he just doesn't have the artillery to challenge the big guns on big stages. Sad considering how US use to dominate tennis before with Sampras and Agassi.

First 12