koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Fishy Line Movement Before Verdasco-Robredo Match

Nando went from the underdog(originally +130ish) all the way to -200 prior to the match this morning. Realistically, there's no reason for such a sharp movement. Robredo is 3-0 against him on Clay and Nando has not played well recently. Makes me think the fix is in. Eventhough -200 is high if the match is on the level, get in on Verdasco. That line movement is way too sharp to not involve some sort of fix.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Neither of these are fixers. Robredo got injured IW, had to withdrew from the quarterfinals, and missed Miami.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Nando went from the underdog(originally +130ish) all the way to -200 prior to the match this morning. Realistically, there's no reason for such a sharp movement. Robredo is 3-0 against him on Clay and Nando has not played well recently. Makes me think the fix is in. Eventhough -200 is high if the match is on the level, get in on Verdasco. That line movement is way too sharp to not involve some sort of fix.
    how much u had on verdasco

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goes to show once again, line movement in tennis means absolutely nothing.

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

bookie trap

HeeeHAWWWW

A rumour went around Robredo was injured, that's all.

Line movement in tennis can mean something, depends what's causing it. Overall though, the closing lines are no sharper than the opening lines (I've got every match odds since 2004).

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    A rumour went around Robredo was injured, that's all. Line movement in tennis can mean something, depends what's causing it. Overall though, the closing lines are no sharper than the opening lines (I've got every match odds since 2004).
    Thankfully we have the option of betting points here, or TI cash on your site, to let us get a bit of degen action without damaging our bank rolls. Once I saw Pinny keep dropping, I thought the move was legit but even with that, I'll never bet solely on line movement in tennis. No hope in hell.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Line movement is useful in tennis only when you can use it to beat the market line. Following along and betting something after the big line move is not profitable in tennis.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I still cashed betpoints on Tommy...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I still cashed betpoints on Tommy...
    Woohooooooooo!!! Hope you got him at a great price

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Just a market overreaction to an injury leak IMO, particularly once you form the view that it isn't a fix.

Kicking myself i didn't take Tommy. Not just because he won, but the logic has to be if he isn't fit, he retires (bets void at all aussie/many european books).... and if he is fit, he is much better than the +200 he finished at!

anyway, looks like everyone had a pretty rubbish day yesterday. I need to be slapped for some of the plays i made.

ha1ogen
    ha1ogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

congrats to robredo backers

FairPlayBet
    FairPlayBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

For a half hour starts match between Robredo and Viktor Troicki. I do not know exactly what happened yesterday with match Verdasco vs Robredo, and how Robredo won so easily, but that sure wont happen again today against Troicki. I guess today we will see long match, so over 22 games (stake will be refunded if the match ended with exactly 22 games) seems to me like great choice.

koscheckbaby

Sorry. That really heavy line movement scared the shit out of me. I had a bet on Robredo just based on clay court history and Verdasco's struggling. Once it jumped tremendously in Verdasco's favor, I felt like my bet had no chance and I was trying to help others out.

HeeeHAWWWW

The other possibility is Robredo was injured, but played with painkillers.

Verdasco was unbelievably awful btw, just spraying errors all over.

FairPlayBet

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlayBet View Post
    For a half hour starts match between Robredo and Viktor Troicki. I do not know exactly what happened yesterday with match Verdasco vs Robredo, and how Robredo won so easily, but that sure wont happen again today against Troicki. I guess today we will see long match, so over 22 games (stake will be refunded if the match ended with exactly 22 games) seems to me like great choice.

Seems i will lose this one easily. Troicki who has excellent serv, today is playing like a woman. I am lucky that he is only one break down after first set. So, 6-3 after first set, i am still in the game, but with low chances.

FairPlayBet

Just when Troicki began to play better, Robredo retired because on injury. So, bet is void. But where was my head just to think a bit and to take Troicki after yesterday rumors about Robredo's injury. Pinnacle paid if at least one set is completed, as was the case here.

koscheckbaby

Jesus, you get paid on Troicki? I would think books should take into consideration the score prior to the retirement. So, a player could lose the first set 0-6, but if the other player retires, bets are winners? I'd hate to be on the losing end.

Robredo looked really good out there, then was laboring and spraying errors in the 2nd set. I guess I should be grateful he retired. He might have lost.

FairPlayBet

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Jesus, you get paid on Troicki? I would think books should take into consideration the score prior to the retirement. So, a player could lose the first set 0-6, but if the other player retires, bets are winners? I'd hate to be on the losing end.

Robredo looked really good out there, then was laboring and spraying errors in the 2nd set. I guess I should be grateful he retired. He might have lost.

I was not paid, cause my bet was over 22 games, so my bet is void. But i only said, that i should take Troicki to win. If i did, then Pinnacle would pay, cause by their rules the winner is player who pass to the next round (if one set is completed). And considering that Robredo already been injured, bet on Troicki was smart move.