Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beware of Intertops bonus offers!

Look, I don't mind a book not giving me a bonus, but please tell me BEFORE I deposit my money.

Intertops E-MAILS me their 25% offer (9X).

I sent in $500.

Then get this message back.

Thank you for sending us your e-mail.

Please note that Management, on conclusion of the regular audit of accounts, decides if an account has reached the bonus limit or if an account is eligible to receive further bonuses. We are sorry to advise that your account was included in the list of accounts that will not receive further bonuses. Therefore, your request for the NFL Kick off 25% cannot be honored.

We thank you for your understanding in this regard, and apologise for any and all inconvenience this decision may cause.

Sincerely,

Keisha
    Not fair.

Bad policy to announce you are not eligible AFTER you send them money, AFTER they sent you an e-mail stating you were.

Can SBR do anything about this? I don't mind if I can just withdraw my money without penality.

I'll fill out a proper complaint form as well.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

exactly the same thing happened to me.

But thatīs not the only reason why Intertops is a sh!t book

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

What other problems have you had with them?

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/8/2005

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    What other problems have you had with them?
    my english is too bad to explain this exactly. But I trie

I have placed two bets in their "live-betting". Both odds were "obviously typing mistakes". Iīm sure they will void both bets. But they donīt. They wait after the event has finished and ... guess what... they only void the winning bet, the losing bet still stand.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Ahh I understand.

Yes, that's no good. I don't tend to get involved too much with live betting (too time consuming). Was just surprised as I don't hear much negative about them, they've been solid/unspectacular for me, with some usefully varied lines.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/8/2005

Stumpage
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4588

I recieved the same offer, but I assumed I'd be ineligible as they stopped giving me bonuses many moons ago...What I'm wondering is if everybody is eligible for their new loyalty program, even if you're not allowed bonuses. Guess I could email them to find out, but I don't have a funded account there at the moment regardless.....

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/21/2005

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know you real well peep, but I think you have been around for awhile. Unless I am misunderstanding your complaint, it looks to me like you just made a rookie mistake. I've done it myself.

You should confirm eligibility before sending the money. Always. You can't just assume because you get a bulk e-mail promo it applies to you. Books send that stuff out to everbody.

It kind of sucks. Some books are able to sort their mailing lists so only eligible players receive the promos. That's the way it should be. But it's not reality.

Now if you did follow-up and get a confirmation - and then they reneged - I'm sorry for my comments. You would have a legit complaint. Maybe your complaint should be considered legit anyway but it doesn't seem in keeping to me with current realities in the industry. But if you could make it fly, I would say more power to you.

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005

Peep

Yeah, I have had books do MUCH worst to me.

I keep getting bonus offers from books who have banned me too.

BUT....

I would like to see this sort of thing cleared up, I don't think it is right, so I am trying to fix it so player's get a more level playing field.

Anything wrong with that?

moonbeam

I donīt think theres anything wrong with your post peep.

in particular when they send their scam "bonus offers" via regular post

magnavox
    magnavox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    exactly the same thing happened to me.

But thatīs not the only reason why Intertops is a sh!t book
    And how did they explain it to you? It is clearly stated in the rules that customers in Austria, Switzerland and Germany are not eligible.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/14/2005

magnavox

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    You can't just assume because you get a bulk e-mail promo it applies to you. Books send that stuff out to everbody.
    You know Mudcat, that it wasn't bulk. It was personalized (yeah, I know, automatically personalized), but the thing is I wasn't receiving any emails after they cut me off. So this was a surprise.

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by magnavox View Post
    And how did they explain it to you? It is clearly stated in the rules that customers in Austria, Switzerland and Germany are not eligible.
    LOL magnavox.

They send the letter in German language.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10677

Peep,
    Usually the expected resolution if to get a free cashout. Have you already asked CS if you can part ways without penalty? If they said no we will be happy to contact on your behalf. I'tops is usually very reasonable.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I'tops is usually very reasonable.
    Not really Bill

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1157

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post

You should confirm eligibility before sending the money.
    I hate to say it Peep, but Mudcat is right about the email bonus offerings. It's always best to call before depositing funds into a book and expecting the bonus automatically. Now I'm not saying it's fair for a book to include a player that is clearly is excluded from the offer, however I do feel they should make things right. Because technically it's there fault in the first place for sending out the offer.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

Peep

I will e-mail them back and see if I get a free withdrawal.

But my point is, and I think the other posters point is, an "A" book shouldn't send out personalized mail offers and then not honor them.

Oly still gives me reload bonuses, and Pinny and CRIS do not, but neither offers me things they don't plan to honor.

I expect this behavior from a "D" book, not an "A" one. Let them act like an "A" if they want to be an "A"......

Intertops
    Intertops's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Peep,

Sorry for these mixed messages to you. At least I will make sure that you can get a free withdrawal if we cannot grant you the bonus. But please let me have a look if we can also do something with regards to the bonus... I will get back to you regarding this tomorrow.

best regards,
    Intertops

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by Intertops View Post
    Hi Peep,

Sorry for these mixed messages to you. At least I will make sure that you can get a free withdrawal if we cannot grant you the bonus. But please let me have a look if we can also do something with regards to the bonus... I will get back to you regarding this tomorrow.

best regards,
    Intertops
    BULLSHIT

magnavox

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    BULLSHIT
    Let's wait and see how it unfolds. I'm sure there are others who did the same thing as Peep and were denied.

Peep, keep us posted!

bigboydan

I concur sir.

I've known Peep for many of years and I'm sure he will let us know how this unfolds.

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I concur sir.

I've known Peep for many of years and I'm sure he will let us know how this unfolds.
    I concur sir.

I've known Intertops for many of years and I'm sure he will let us know how this unfolds.

Peep

They did IM me and promised the free withdrawal, which really is OK with me.

I just posted it because I don't think they should make personalized mail messages to people about bonuses they don't plan to honor.

I don't mind the book otherwise, and will play out my $500 there. If I get up to a couple of dimes, I'll use my free withdrawal, if not and I go broke I'll use the free withdrawal another time.

Peep

I don't think that awarding the bonus would hurt them any either.

It is a 9X rollover.

They should be able to beat any of us with a 9X.

magnavox

The free withdrawal is a standard they offer on all e-wallets, so you get nothing special if you planned on playing it out anyway.

Peep

Quote Originally Posted by magnavox View Post
    The free withdrawal is a standard they offer on all e-wallets, so you get nothing special if you planned on playing it out anyway.
    Oh.

Well hopefully I get the promised bonus then, the Intertops poster did say he would "see what he could do".

I did deposit ****, so the free withdrawal might be worth something.

moonbeam

always remember:

a sh!t book is a sh!it book is a sh!it book

...whatever they promised you...
    Last edited by moonbeam; 09-08-08 at 02:12 PM.

Peep

So a happy ending in this instance.

Thanks for your reply.

We are pleased to advise you that the NFL 25% bonus has been credited to your account. Please note that only one deposit qualifies and the bonus rules noted below apply.
    Thank you Bill and SBR for providing some leverage, and thank you Intertops for doing the right thing.

moonbeam

good luck :-)

jk21
    jk21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post

Thank you Bill and SBR for providing some leverage, and thank you Intertops for doing the right thing.
    well that is nice news for you, but not nice feeling for me. I had the same situation and was told NO after I deposit and after email inviting me to deposit. I was thinking if I should bring it to SBR but didn't have time and energy. I guess I was wrong. Intertops treats differently people who post regularly than "average" customers. I have done with Interops numerous transactions in and out AND I AM A NET LOSER and still did not get the bonus

bigboydan

Glad to see that they rectified this matter for you Peep. LMK how your experiences are with them this time around.

moonbeam

as twins how you can see sir :-)

topcat
    topcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look, I don't mind a book not giving me a bonus, but please tell me BEFORE I deposit my money.

Intertops E-MAILS me their 25% offer (9X).

I sent in $500.

Then get this message back.

Not fair.

Bad policy to announce you are not eligible AFTER you send them money, AFTER they sent you an e-mail stating you were.

Can SBR do anything about this? I don't mind if I can just withdraw my money without penality.

I'll fill out a proper complaint form as well.
    try not to be to be to mad.500 is a small deposit,just shoot your money on one game,and if you lose be done with them..thats the reason why i never ever play roll overs.i send around 5000 dollars.what advantage would i have.