bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Former Portlandbet victims report payouts from bailout book Sportsbet.com.au

Former Portlandbet (SBR rating F) victims report payouts from bailout book Sportsbet.com.au

Portlandbet received an F rating after closing in July and then refusing to pay players their winners in full. Players complained to the ACT Gambling and Racing Commision which ruled that the Austrlian book must pay players in full. In August Portlandbet.com accounts were taken over by Sportsbet.com.au. Initial feedback from three Portlandbet players, who received multiple bonuses as an incentive to keep the account active, has been positive.

bigloser
    bigloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

Not positive to me. They transferred some money to Sportsbet but only a fraction of what my Portlandbet balance was.
    I still expect a satisfactory outcome but it hasnt happened yet.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

What exactly did the ACT rule on bonuses? Pro-Rata?

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    What exactly did the ACT rule on bonuses? Pro-Rata?
    all bonus money put into play at least once should be refunded. bonus money that was never put into play is revoked.

it seems like a fair ruling to me, too bad portlandbet is not doing as they are told up until now (at least in my case)

Santo

Seems hard to judge. If you deposit £500, get £500 bonus. Bet 10 * £100 bets, is that putting the money into play, or is it just betting through the deposit?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I was told by players who did not complete their roll that they did get the bonus money. We did not receive a response from Portland on that and have not asked Sportsbet yet.

bigloser

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    all bonus money put into play at least once should be refunded. bonus money that was never put into play is revoked.

it seems like a fair ruling to me, too bad portlandbet is not doing as they are told up until now (at least in my case)
    Same with me, Portlandbet have transferred a nominal sum of aud$1000. They havent even bothered to calculate the correct amount. My account was in stirling it would be very lucky to have a balance of exactly $1000.

bigloser

My bonus money was put in to play several times

sammyboy999
    sammyboy999's Avatar Become A Pro!

So how do I claim the money that I'm owed?
    I have set up a sportsbet account via portlandbet, but that account remains empty yet I was owed £620 by portlandbet having almost completed the WR.

Santo

They're not honouring Portlandbet balances, it's just a promotional offer.