igor 11
    igor 11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moral dilemma

First off all,sorry for my English,I hope you will understand what badgering me.
    One off books where I play graded wrongly one bet but in mine favor.
    It's not so big amount(low 3 figure) and it's was over 10 days ago.I didn't check my account there after this bet,because I know it was a losing one,but when I log in after a couple off days I see that my account balance is too big.
    So my dear fellows what would you do and more important,what should I do ?
    Thanks in advance

billyboy73
    billyboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep the money, most books would **** you in a heartbeat if they could. Just play stupid, like you didn't know it was in your acct., if they catch on.

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Keeping it is like stealing, but then again....

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

consider it a bonus and use the money for some real square plays the worst that can happen- they take that money away.

begalvis
    begalvis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 622

In worst scenario, what could they do to you? take away money what you allready lost i vote for playing with this money!!!

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

by the away what book is it?

LGBoots
    LGBoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Depends what book it is. If it is one that has treated you well in the past, maybe think about telling them. they will probably give you a bonus for being honest

If it's a book you don't use much or has limited / screwed you around in the past . KEEP IT

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10100

As your thread title suggests, it's a moral issue. The "right" thing to do is tell them, but you already knew that. What you choose to do should depend on your own morals, not responses from anonymous forum posters.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

sometimes pointing out wrong grading can create goodwill between you and the book. if you cummunicate with them on phone, you should tell them, and in future you could expect them being more generous on freeplay or cash bonuses with your deposit.

so far no bookie ever screwed me, so i'd be inclined to tell the truth. if you choose to take the money, just withdraw it and never play there again - the last thing you want is your winning bets being voided because you played with bogus balance.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Are you positive the bet was a loser? Are you sure you didnt bet the wrong side by accident? The reason why I say this is because if the book graded the game incorrectly in their software then all the players who did have the correct winner, but had it graded as a loss by mistake, would of complained and the software would have been corrected by the book and all bets from that event would have been corrected. It's highly unlikely that only your bet was graded wrong. But if that is the case I would keep the money unless the book has treated you well in the past, in which case I would bring it to their attention. Depending on the book the might give you a few $$$ for being honest as well.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoots View Post
    Depends what book it is. If it is one that has treated you well in the past, maybe think about telling them. they will probably give you a bonus for being honest

If it's a book you don't use much or has limited / screwed you around in the past . KEEP IT

Yep, this would be my way too
    I believe in treating books the way you would like them to treat you
    So only if they have proven themselves to be arseholes should you let it stand

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

But it is stupid to continue playing there with this money.
    If i decide to take money i would withdraw if there is no any RO requirements.
    Best way to see what will happen.

igor 11

Thank you all for yours opinions.I'm still not sure what to do because they can say ,why have I wait so long before I mention it.
    And yes I'm sure this was a losing bet,and I don't know how other people who had a winning bet didn't complain.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by igor 11 View Post
    Thank you all for yours opinions.I'm still not sure what to do because they can say ,why have I wait so long before I mention it.
    sheer paranoia .. no way in the world would that ever be an issue

And yes I'm sure this was a losing bet,and I don't know how other people who had a winning bet didn't complain.
    was the bet on a minor league / match or an osbcure porp where maybe they didn't hold any other bets ?

igor 11

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    sheer paranoia .. no way in the world would that ever be an issue

was the bet on a minor league / match or an osbcure porp where maybe they didn't hold any other bets ?

No this was a match in one of top 5 Europeans Leagues.

billyboy73
    billyboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Are you positive the bet was a loser? Are you sure you didnt bet the wrong side by accident? The reason why I say this is because if the book graded the game incorrectly in their software then all the players who did have the correct winner, but had it graded as a loss by mistake, would of complained and the software would have been corrected by the book and all bets from that event would have been corrected. It's highly unlikely that only your bet was graded wrong. But if that is the case I would keep the money unless the book has treated you well in the past, in which case I would bring it to their attention. Depending on the book the might give you a few $$$ for being honest as well.
    This is tru, it happened to me a few times. I was in such a hurry to get the bet in before the game started, i picked the wrong side, luckily.

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109030

I had this once, perhaps more often, but I didn't realize it. I think the best way is playing at the bookie like the money isn't there. I mean don't use the money for placing bets. After a few weeks you can be sure that there will not be any corrections in the future.

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Personally, I'd tell them. If the place had screwed me in the past, I'd be trying to get my money out, not placing bets.

You know, " It is our duty to act in such a manner that we would want everyone else to act in a similar manner in similar circumstances towards all other people."

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Let them know. I don't know what the dilemma is? If you keep it or say he should keep it just remember that the next time book tries to not pay, someone at a store doesn't tell you you gave them 2 $20 bills rather then one or someone stiffs you for points.

If they really graded it wrong then it isn't yours.

James

Flexin

Thank you all for yours opinions.I'm still not sure what to do because they can say ,why have I wait so long before I mention it. And yes I'm sure this was a losing bet,and I don't know how other people who had a winning bet didn't complain.
    If you didn't bet with it or haven't logged on their site they will not wonder that. I think your trying to make yourself feel good about keeping it. Just give them their money back.

James

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    If you didn't bet with it or haven't logged on their site they will not wonder that. I think your trying to make yourself feel good about keeping it. Just give them their money back.

James

Most of the the bookies will f***k you every time they can and you guys are offering to contact them and say sorry, you made a mistake, please take your money back. g1. Keep the money and consider it a payback for all the shit you received or will receive in the future when dealing with bookies.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by zebras99 View Post

Most of the the bookies will f***k you every time they can and you guys are offering to contact them and say sorry, you made a mistake, please take your money back. g1. Keep the money and consider it a payback for all the shit you received or will receive in the future when dealing with bookies.
    another loser

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

If you get treated badly by them then try this novel approach: don't deal with them. It is the stupid who get screwed and then await the opportunity to screw back- in the hopes that they do not get screwed more- rather than leave the place. The raison d'etre of this place is to prevent this.

I did not tell him to apologize. Simply told him to tell them that there was an error. It works both ways. I had a grading error that was corrected, sans issues. And THEY were the ones who caught it, as I missed the final score but was way behind and assumed I had lost. . .

Do the right or be an ass. . .
    Last edited by Aristocles; 03-09-11 at 07:26 PM. Reason: their/there

Flexin

I have yet to have a book screw me yet. If I do it first do I have the right to cry about it later?

James

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Party once graded a bet wrongly in my favor. I told them and they rewarded me by letting me keep my winnings!!

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13704

this is not a dilemma------it is an opportunity.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

nm.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-10-11 at 03:02 AM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't worry about it. Books just file the small percentage of grading errors under operating costs.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Whatever you do remember the book would never do the same for you. They would wait until you make a complaint, so do the same to them. Unless they find out, keep the money.

There is nothing moral about this situation. Books intend to profit as much money off of you as possible by manipulating lines legally as much as they can. If you don't understand the business mentality of this situation then it's your own problem.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Do nothing except pat yourself on the back for a stroke of good luck.