sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is requesting docs for security or stalling?

I always wonder if some books give you a hassle with requesting docs when you want to withdrawal simply to stall or try to not pay.

Shouldn't all books request this documentation before you finalize opening the account? Why wait until you want to withdrawal? This tells me as long as you're depositing only, you could be an Iranian terrorist and they wouldnt care

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

The thing is a large majority of new clients lose their first deposit and the admin costs associated with verifying each of those people who never reappear again once they lose their cash would be atrocious (and would be passed on to other bettors). But it's still a pain in the butt to verify yourself - I guess the good thing is that once you do, you're set.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I think that it's stalling so they can have as much time to let let you gamble as much of it away as you can

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are asked to send docs you know they already have they are stalling but not on their initial request.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

It can be both. Some places are too uptight about their doc requirements.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

It depends on where the books are located and under who's jurisdiction they operate and the applicable laws.

In the UK and Australia things are much tighter. Don't blame the books. It's a bigger hassle for them than for you. But at least you have the comfort of knowing you are dealing in a safer environment.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    In the UK and Australia things are much tighter. Don't blame the books. It's a bigger hassle for them than for you. But at least you have the comfort of knowing you are dealing in a safer environment.
    Yeah, exactly. I must say that even though it's a pain in the butt when you lose a CC and get a new one (thus having to re-verify again), there are measures in place that make you feel safe. One night I called an Aussie book to do a live bet and my accent was different - which happens if I happen to be drinking red wine which I was that night. This guy whom I've never spoken to before made me verify every aspect of my account before he'd let me live bet on the tennis match I wanted to whereas normally they ask me my account number and date of birth and that's it. And actually because it took so long, I missed the odds I wanted but they still gave them to me anyway although my girl was well on her way to victory at that point. They soaked up the loss no problem.

So yeah, if they were asking me to verify each time I wanted to withdraw then I'd think it was stalling. But some of these measures they have in place make me feel much safer when I'm lucky enough to have a decent sized balance in there.

raddle_snake
    raddle_snake's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    I always wonder if some books give you a hassle with requesting docs when you want to withdrawal simply to stall or try to not pay.

Shouldn't all books request this documentation before you finalize opening the account? Why wait until you want to withdrawal? This tells me as long as you're depositing only, you could be an Iranian terrorist and they wouldnt care

I think all site are needed some docs for verification of your withdrawal!?
    but my bookie request some docs after i made my deposit

bad_ass
    bad_ass's Avatar Become A Pro!

some site need documents for processing of withdrawal sometime after depositing.. it depends on the bookie actually

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why deposit the first dollar if not aproved for future payouts?

jaguar.stripe21
    jaguar.stripe21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    Why deposit the first dollar if not aproved for future payouts?

That is possible bro, for the security of us bettors, as well as the bookie itself,

Me i have sent them my documents as they have guaranteed that it will

be purely for verification, then i had successfully withdraw.

jaguar.stripe21
    jaguar.stripe21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well i think its just for verification.
    Why not send it if it will lessen the hassle and enjoy betting more!
    I had sent mine, and no problems..

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I believe that a majority of the time it's security...

There may be a few occasions where they stall but likely to buy time to investigate your acct.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

stalling, because some do it some don't. I guess to be even more specific and accurate it is a prerogative.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

For sure its both.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    stalling, because some do it some don't. I guess to be even more specific and accurate it is a prerogative.
    I guess the lower grade books might be stalling but I'm sure all those I deal with are simply ensuring security and that they comply with regulations.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

It's both. Books have to protect themselves from pos scamming them but sometimes they seem to drag it out as long as possible

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess the lower grade books might be stalling but I'm sure all those I deal with are simply ensuring security and that they comply with regulations.
    I disagree if it was all about security they would ask you for ID when you deposit. You are the same person with same tendencies before you go to withdraw. Maybe what you mean is it is about them protecting themselves, but from what? If you were a scammer you were a scammer before you deposited, if you are on America's Most Wanted List, you are on there before you deposit. I can see the security argument if you are depositing with checks of any sort or credit of any sort, but if you deposit with a instant money transfer method such as the most popular two or some other type of pre-paid method there is no reason for them to ask for your personal info, other than they may want to know who they are sending money to, but you are the same person that sent money (deposited) so why didn't they care enough to get all that info then?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    I disagree if it was all about security they would ask you for ID when you deposit. You are the same person with same tendencies before you go to withdraw. Maybe what you mean is it is about them protecting themselves, but from what? If you were a scammer you were a scammer before you deposited, if you are on America's Most Wanted List, you are on there before you deposit. I can see the security argument if you are depositing with checks of any sort or credit of any sort, but if you deposit with a instant money transfer method such as the most popular two or some other type of pre-paid method there is no reason for them to ask for your personal info, other than they may want to know who they are sending money to, but you are the same person that sent money (deposited) so why didn't they care enough to get all that info then?
    Every decent books tells you what ID documentation they will require and by when. And advise that you will not be able to withdraw until you've been checked. In Australia for example you have 90 days to comply or they will actually suspend your account. It seems many people take no heed of the requirements until they want to withdraw and then complain. I have little sympathy for them.

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4723

I recently lost my d ebit card that I use at a number of books. Of course I have run up my balance a bit at the place I used it last. Am I screwed to withdraw or do you think they will accept the new card I ordered to replace it?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Richard View Post
    I recently lost my d ebit card that I use at a number of books. Of course I have run up my balance a bit at the place I used it last. Am I screwed to withdraw or do you think they will accept the new card I ordered to replace it?
    This must be a very common issue and any decent book would have a procedure for dealing with it. No way should it mean you are "screwed". Talk to them.

king
    king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I'll say it's for both. Even when they have your documents on file they will tell you to resend to stall you.

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4723

This must be a very common issue and any decent book would have a procedure for dealing with it. No way should it mean you are "screwed". Talk to them.
    I have ordered a new one and the account numbers will be the same but the 3 digit security card number will be different.Thanks for your opinion Hareeba.

sorena
    sorena's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    you could be an Iranian terrorist and they wouldnt care
    hello

I am iranian, but not a terrorist, Ahmadinejad is terrorist, **** him.

do you know anything about king of kings ,Cyrus the Great? Was he terrorist?

Iranians are protesting againts the rejim, islamic republic, all days.

we are not terrorist my dear, I **** islam, I **** islamic republic.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    I'll say it's for both. Even when they have your documents on file they will tell you to resend to stall you.
    You must deal with crap books then
    I've never had these sort of problems

cyberinvestor
    cyberinvestor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Some play games but most all ask for docs unless you are established.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Its such an EASY process. Majority of those who complain or look for books that don't do it are probably up to no good and depositing with other peoples ************ and i hope they get caught.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sorena View Post
    hello

I am iranian, but not a terrorist, Ahmadinejad is terrorist, **** him.

do you know anything about king of kings ,Cyrus the Great? Was he terrorist?

Iranians are protesting againts the rejim, islamic republic, all days.

we are not terrorist my dear, I **** islam, I **** islamic republic.
    thanks for taking the most important part of my post LOL

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

It is without a doubt a stall tactic for many of the books. Their are some of the legitimate ones where the process it in 1-3 hours. But some take days to get it verified and that's BS.

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

it didn't come to the mind of anyone of you that they ask for ID to prevent bonus abuse, where some open multiple accounts to get the %100 bonus several times taking a $100 to $1000 with 10 fake accounts.

imtheone
    imtheone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by loyd View Post
    it didn't come to the mind of anyone of you that they ask for ID to prevent bonus abuse, where some open multiple accounts to get the %100 bonus several times taking a $100 to $1000 with 10 fake accounts.
    agree bro.. they just request ID for verification purposes..
    with great bonuses offered ofcourse a lot of people out there
    will take advantage of it right...
    just play it right man... LOL

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by loyd View Post
    "Hedgey"..???? care to verify...ooops I mean comment on this..?

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

identification is a process, required by regulators. i think decent bookmaker is never stalling, they actually try to pay you quite quickly.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Interesting discussion guys. Thanks for starting it.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    identification is a process, required by regulators. i think decent bookmaker is never stalling, they actually try to pay you quite quickly.
    you're right man
    certainly that's been my experience
    too many of these quys are playing at crappy books
    and not doing themselves any favours by not making themselves aware upfront of what they need to do before ever being allowed to withdraw

12 Last