jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

How does pinnacle decide on limits and can they up them for me?

Today I compared limits on mine and my friend's account. He is with pinnacle for about 3 years now... I only signed up last year. When new matches show up with opening odds... my limits seem to be about 1/3 higher than his. Neither of us have won or lost any significant amounts... I'm sure we're just peanuts compared to the professional bettors that come to pinna. So how did pinna decide, that I deserved better limits? Not that I'm complaining - but I'd like to get even higher limits. Do I inquire? Has anybody asked for higher limits and received them?

Thx for any input.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    Today I compared limits on mine and my friend's account. He is with pinnacle for about 3 years now... I only signed up last year. When new matches show up with opening odds... my limits seem to be about 1/3 higher than his. Neither of us have won or lost any significant amounts... I'm sure we're just peanuts compared to the professional bettors that come to pinna. So how did pinna decide, that I deserved better limits? Not that I'm complaining - but I'd like to get even higher limits. Do I inquire? Has anybody asked for higher limits and received them?

Thx for any input.

Presumably you are both working on the same currency?

Pinnacle did explain to me once that they do have different limits sometimes dependent on which country you are in. I think they may be a bit more cautious at least early in betting about local events.

What sport are you referring to and where are you from? Czech soccer I'm guessing.

I think it highly unlikely that they will increase you limits.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

We're both from the same country and both are using EUR currency for the accounts. I asked my friend whether he won too much or is too successful for pinna to have him on lower limits than mine... but he says that actually he loses more there than he wins. I've had higher limits than him right from the start... and over the last 6 months of having an account there I think that I'm just about breaking even... so nothing special about me either.

And yes - we're talking about opening lines on czech soccer

I don't want to email them about it... I'm sort of worried that they'd say oh... well let's slash your limits a bit as well... see now you're even with your friend...

What about the professionals who want to pluck down thousands on opening lines of let's say NBA/NFL and such? How do they get their limits increased? Or is pinna just too conservative about this?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    We're both from the same country and both are using EUR currency for the accounts. I asked my friend whether he won too much or is too successful for pinna to have him on lower limits than mine... but he says that actually he loses more there than he wins. I've had higher limits than him right from the start... and over the last 6 months of having an account there I think that I'm just about breaking even... so nothing special about me either.

And yes - we're talking about opening lines on czech soccer

I don't want to email them about it... I'm sort of worried that they'd say oh... well let's slash your limits a bit as well... see now you're even with your friend...

What about the professionals who want to pluck down thousands on opening lines of let's say NBA/NFL and such? How do they get their limits increased? Or is pinna just too conservative about this?
    I can't explain that. Very surprising to me. Didn't think Pinnacle played the man like that and given that you're not bigtime players all the more strange. The only other variable I could think of is different funding methods?

I wouldn't worry about making an enquiry about it but if you are, perhaps SBR could put the question to them for you in their next video conference with Pinnacle.

They always open with low limits and then let the action decide where the lines should be before they increase them to the highest level.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 03-05-11 at 04:01 PM.

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Call em up and see what they say!