relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13704

MATCHBOOK---down to $35 balance

Matchbook has already taken my withdrawal amount out. they also sent me an email asking for my swift/bic code,today. whoever is processing my withdrawl can't figure out that there are no swift/bic codes in the US. in the US we use routing numbers. they are clear about this in thier email. but now they are asking for a swift/bic code. idiots.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10100

US banks have SWIFT codes. I received the same e-mail, called my bank, and was given their SWIFT code.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16030

US banks doesnt have SWIFT codes!

tofuman
    tofuman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

just give them the routing number

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by tofuman View Post
    routing code/swift code, SAME THING!
    Untrue.

I don't know what to tell you guys. My bank has a routing transit number, used for *************** (SBR is changing the real names I typed, but you should know what I mean), as well as a SWIFT code, used for receiving international bank wires. They are not the same.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

JohnDough is correct.

All U.S. banks have their own SWIFT codes which are used for receiving international wires.

Anyone who doesn't know this has never received an international wire to their domestic U.S. bank account.

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by tofuman View Post
    just give them the routing number
    After doing that, MB is now asking for your SWIFT code, at least for bank wires. See the original post.

Hap
    Hap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1628

I have the same problem. I called my bank (US) for its SWIFT code, but my bank says it does not have one. I believe that it actually does have one, but I spoke to two people, who both told me there is no SWIFT code. So I sent this response to MB this afternoon, and repeated the ABA routing number. I have not yet heard back.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    I have the same problem. I called my bank (US) for its SWIFT code, but my bank says it does not have one. I believe that it actually does have one, but I spoke to two people, who both told me there is no SWIFT code. So I sent this response to MB this afternoon, and repeated the ABA routing number. I have not yet heard back.
    It could be that your bank does not transact international wires. I am not sure that all US banks do.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    Matchbook has already taken my withdrawal amount out. they also sent me an email asking for my swift/bic code,today. whoever is processing my withdrawl can't figure out that there are no swift/bic codes in the US. in the US we use routing numbers. they are clear about this in thier email. but now they are asking for a swift/bic code. idiots.
    Relaaxx; some have them some don't. I ran into a similar issue...ended up opening another account elsewhere which provided a swift for intl. *****.

Specifically some smaller regional US banks tend to not have them.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-11-11 at 04:00 AM.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    Relaaxx; some have them some don't. I ran into a similar issue...ended up opening another account elsewhere which provided a swift for intl. wires. Specifically some smaller regional US banks tend to not have them.
    i think you got it right. this happened to me before , can't remember who it was. ended up telling them to send it with the routing number because my bank did not have a swift/bic code. they sent it---i got it. will tell MATCHBOOK the same. send it.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

both are same things, the difference is only one, swift id outside of the country and rout is for local.........

dialup_king
    dialup_king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Untrue.

I don't know what to tell you guys. My bank has a routing transit number, used for *************** (SBR is changing the real names I typed, but you should know what I mean), as well as a SWIFT code, used for receiving international bank wires. They are not the same.
    They aren't the same, but some banks don't have SWIFT. Matchbook is doing a bad job with the emails. They say

Swift code (For non US banks)(8 or 11 digits)

or

Bank ABA/Routing code (for US banks)(9 digits)

even though U.S. Banks can have swift codes.

slash
    slash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11532

I think many can be found here:

http://swift-codes.blogspot.com/2008...code-list.html

Good luck getting your $$$$.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

there is a website where you can enter your bank name and get the swift code, the bank teller's are always clueless about this, one time they gave me the wrong swift code at the branch, and it was a senior person at the bank, i would call the tele banking people

lumpy19
    lumpy19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

I've always used all 0's when the books have requested a SWIFT code and I've never had a problem getting international bank wires

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Gl getting yalls money from Matchbook. Glad I have never dealt with them now.

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy19 View Post
    I've always used all 0's when the books have requested a SWIFT code and I've never had a problem getting international bank wires
    Is this because your bank doesn't have a SWIFT code or is there some unseen benefit to doing so?

I'm not very experienced with **** *****, just curious.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-11-11 at 04:01 AM.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

all swift codes begin with letters not numbers. all european banks use --thru banks or middle banks -- to get money to smaller banks without swift codes in US. that's what i was told by my bank. they send the funds to the 'thru bank' using the swift code along with the account number and routing number, with instructions to forward the funds to the acoount number and routing number. but we would not know who the thru banks are. the european bank would. this should be easy enough for any bank that has sent funds to the US from europe before. i called MATCHBOOK. told them this. they said they would pass on the information. and try and send the funds. if they get it back they will contact me for another way of sending funds. assuring me that they wil get the funds to me one way or the other. no need to worry about any deadlines. they will get the money here. they are just not sure how or how long yet. they did make me feel like i should not worry about if i will get my money. and i wasn't worried anyway. just was nice to know they seem to be handling this whole situation of paying out millions pretty damn well. using phones as well as email is nice. they answer quick. never been on hold. i think that was my last call. my money will be home soon. i'm sure i will not be getting any more emails from MATCHBOOK, stating a problem.

Hap

When I emailed MB that my bank said it had no Swift Code, MB emailed me back later and said they had gotten the bank's Swift code. [I suspect the bank has one, and I told the bank persons (3 of them) that I thought the bank has a Swift code, but all 3 told me I was wrong.] Anyway MB said they would send me my money within 21 days. The waiting and hoping is now underway.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

US Banks do have Swifts, most don't have IBAN numbers like the rest of the world yet. Once everyone gets IBAN, that will be the only number you need as it will incorporate Routing,account and Swift into 1 number.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

all swift codes begin with letters not numbers. all european banks use --thru banks or middle banks -- to get money to smaller banks without swift codes in US. that's what i was told by my bank. they send the funds to the 'thru bank' using the swift code along with the account number and routing number, with instructions to forward the funds to the acoount number and routing number. but we would not know who the thru banks are. the european bank would. this should be easy enough for any bank that has sent funds to the US from europe before. i called MATCHBOOK. told them this. they said they would pass on the information. and try and send the funds. if they get it back they will contact me for another way of sending funds. assuring me that they wil get the funds to me one way or the other. no need to worry about any deadlines. they will get the money here. they are just not sure how or how long yet. they did make me feel like i should not worry about if i will get my money. and i wasn't worried anyway. just was nice to know they seem to be handling this whole situation of paying out millions pretty damn well. using phones as well as email is nice. they answer quick. never been on hold. i think that was my last call. my money will be home soon. i'm sure i will not be getting any more emails from MATCHBOOK, stating a problem.
    recieved an email from MATCHBOOK today. they will not be able to send wire because my bank has no swift code. so they are willing to send 2 payments(under 10000 for each) to a card(d or c). now the time frame is early next week. like this way better. it's faster and safer.

Hap

Relaxx. interesting. When I told MB yesterday that I could not get a Swift code from my (small regional) bank, I suggested to them "how about 2 payments to my 2 cc's". They responded later that they know my bank's Swift code. Like you, I would have much preferred the 2 cc idea.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Relaxx. interesting. When I told MB yesterday that I could not get a Swift code from my (small regional) bank, I suggested to them "how about 2 payments to my 2 cc's". They responded later that they know my bank's Swift code. Like you, I would have much preferred the 2 cc idea.

thanks. you may have given them the idea.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

email from MATCHBOOK -- $xxxx payment sent, expect 1st payment within 5 days - 2nd and final payment 5 biz days later. account --shows 0.00 balance. anyone get thier funds,already. anyone else being told to expect funds sooner than 21 days.

John Dough

email from MATCHBOOK -- $xxxx payment sent, expect 1st payment within 5 days - 2nd and final payment 5 biz days later. account --shows 0.00 balance. anyone get thier funds,already. anyone else being told to expect funds sooner than 21 days.
    Many people (myself included) were told payouts would be processed yesterday (MON 3/7) and should hit their bank/CC within 5 business days. I haven't heard anyone report they have been paid yet.

sunnyblue88
    sunnyblue88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2648

1st payment and 2rd payment? Are they actually arranging seperate payments at your request? Not just doing one single big wire as they insisted earlier?
    My matchbook account is still showing full balance, anybody else the same?

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2803

Mine still shows full balance. I hope they process mine soon and we all really get paid!

Hap

I have heard nothing since March 3, when I got the email that payment would likely take about 21 days. I have not yet received any funds. I also hope we all get paid.

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

My balance is down from (large number) to my future wagers of $535, so I guess they are processing it.

Fingers are crossed.

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2803

My Balance is now down to $0.00. Has anyone had credit hit their CC or receive **** yet from U.S.???
    Last edited by shari91; 03-11-11 at 04:05 AM.

FLDesi
    FLDesi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have not gotten anything yet...

pirate
    pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had my balance reduced to zero today...They also took a 35 dollar fee.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

My balance was taken out on March 2 and I got an email saying it would be processed on Mon and it would post to my card in 3-5 business days but I haven't got anything yet.

Kaps
    Kaps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1785

has anyone gotten paid yet eithr by CC or BW >?????

12 Last