kero214
    kero214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Betmaker Review

Ok, since there is no more Matchbook,<---- (can kiss my ass) for us U.S. bettors, I was wondering if SBR could PLEASE do a Review on BetMaker.com. This may be our last hope for another betting exchange. Also, does anybody currently have an account there? Please share your experience with us.

SportsMozart
    SportsMozart's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is a Cris family book BM bought it not so long ago and turned it into exchange. It has a solid foundation, yet pretty low liquidity at this point. Hockey games are like $30 range Software is little primitive. Now if most of the MB abandoned US children will all come together and invade Betmaker some time when baseball starts... If that happens, there will be pretty good liquidity and since the book stands on a solid foundation, it will eventually replace MB for all the US bettors

kero214

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMozart View Post
    It is a Cris family book BM bought it not so long ago and turned it into exchange. It has a solid foundation, yet pretty low liquidity at this point. Hockey games are like $30 range Software is little primitive. Now if most of the MB abandoned US children will all come together and invade Betmaker some time when baseball starts... If that happens, there will be pretty good liquidity and since the book stands on a solid foundation, it will eventually replace MB for all the US bettors
    Sounds like a good plan.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

I have no experience with the site, but as a US player I am taking a leap of faith and joining very soon. I hope other US players will do the same and we can have a new matchbook.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cris should be offering promos and reduced commission and everything else to try and grab abandoned USA Match players. but i have seen nothing yet. You have to wonder who hires these marketing guys? Are they all somebody's brother in law?

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

CRIS is happy making 11-10. Betmaker with its euro-style interface fell into their hands when Las Palmas had trouble, and they figured it would be nice to have an exchange just in case this exchange thing takes off. They're not, though, going to lead the way. The last thing CRIS wants to see happen is exchanges become the norm.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR will never get behind a exchange.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    CRIS is happy making 11-10. Betmaker with its euro-style interface fell into their hands when Las Palmas had trouble, and they figured it would be nice to have an exchange just in case this exchange thing takes off. They're not, though, going to lead the way. The last thing CRIS wants to see happen is exchanges become the norm.
    Agreed. I doubt that they will put a lot into it, but the parent co. has a good rep for customer service and financial stability so as a player why not give it a shot.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    SBR will never get behind a exchange.

Sure they will. They just have to advertise.

kero214

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    Sure they will. They just have to advertise.
    So true, yet so sad.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Where else do u guys think U.S. exchange players are gonna go obviously to this place, and your right its backed by BM. Give it time im sure BM knows exactly whats going on and will take care of this. Plus why doesn't everyone stop talking about them and just take some doe, load it in there, start making offers and matching them, next thing u know a trends starts and a new match backed by A+ BM. Im gonna start why dont u guys start, just try them out for a few hundred to see how u like it, remember u can move doe in BM free of cost so i trust it.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I think this place is affiliated with EHorseX. I sent an email to Betmaker maybe a year ago and the replay came back from an EHorseX address.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

I put a few hundred in . But not impressed with the software. And not much getting matched . Maybe it will change.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me. Why would they wait until exchange wagering "takes off" before making a real move? Wouldn't that put them way behind whoever the market leader were? That doesn't sound like such a sound strategy.

Also, considering how many people here are besides themselves that Matchbook just booted their U.S. customers, it seems to me like exchange wagering has already arrived.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their commission structure is not competitive compared to Matchbook. They have an intro offer of 2% on wins right now. But how long will that last? Their regular commission structure requires getting 10,000 points X $50 of risk per point = $500,000 in wagers to get to that 2% level. Matchbook basically gave the equivalent of that to everyone with 1% on wins and losses. And apparently if I read their rules correctly, there's commission whether you post an offer or accept one. So there's no incentive at all to post offers and risk a line move against you.

KGambler

I'll have to go back and look when I have time, but I think you got the bonus points calculation totally wrong.

Also, if I remember correctly, you can not get down to 2%. The best you can get down to is 2.4%. But right now they have a special 2% rate.

I think Betmaker should immediately and permanently cut the rate to 2% on winning wagers. They should jump on this opportunity...

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isn't it 5% on sports and up to a 60% discount = 2%

KGambler

I was wrong. I just went back and looked and you were right on both counts.

It is 1 point per $50 RISKED (if you bet both sides, only the net risk counts). You need 10,000 points to reach the highest discount rate (60%). So 500K in wagers is correct, and your points also decay at a rate of 12% per week.

For a 5% market, you can get the rate down to 2% if you qualify for the highest discount rate (60%).

For a 6% market you can get it down to 2.4%.

I do not know which sports are a 5% market and which are 6%.

actionjunkee
    actionjunkee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i'm really intrigued but really confused...especially by the calculations in that last post...
    so is betmaker .com good overall or not? i mean does it end up making you more profit than a regular book?

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

I read on another form that they are going to start live betting during baseball games. Hopefully there will be lots of liquidity, then I might join to try them out.

tofuman
    tofuman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Quote Originally Posted by sdtrader View Post
    I read on another form that they are going to start live betting during baseball games. Hopefully there will be lots of liquidity, then I might join to try them out.
    join now and try them out, you can get <$1K down on MLB moneyline games.

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I going to give them a try for MLB..

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would they wait until exchange wagering "takes off" before making a real move? Wouldn't that put them way behind whoever the market leader were? That doesn't sound like such a sound strategy.

Also, considering how many people here are besides themselves that Matchbook just booted their U.S. customers, it seems to me like exchange wagering has already arrived.
    Because if it doesn't take off they can continue to hold 2.5% instead of 0.5%...And if exchange wagering has already arrived there would be exchanges competing for Americans money...and there's no competition...there's one place that by all accounts is half-hearted in its efforts....and how many people posting here are beside themselves about losing MB...thirty, forty, seventy? If MB had had a great post up business they would have spun it off instead of giving it to somebody to kick out the Americans.