Sabrosa
    Sabrosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

ID & CC Copy ?

Hey everyone, I'm a long time follower of the SBR Forum and this is my first post.

Today, I gave a withdrawal order from my bookie (I won't give the name of the bookie as it's not the main subject, but it's the subsidary web site of a comparably big European bookie with B- rating with exactly the same odds, same design etc.) and they requested some documents from me:

- Copy of ID (ID, driving license or passport)
    - Copy of the CC that is used while making deposit
    - CC bill that shows the deposit that is made to the bookie

Now for me, CC bill is an unnecessary and unimportant document, which I can send without too much questioning. (Of course with censoring some important points)

I understand their request of ID, as they would want a proof that I am a real person. I might censor some critical points and send it to them. By the way, are there any technological devices that can delete those censors and see the exact copy ? (I am planning to scan my ID, scribble some critical points with a pen, re-scan and send) Because you can do many things with an ID copy here, like getting a mobile phone number, shopping from small businesses etc. I must say I don't feel 100% safe with that request, but anyway it's kind of understandable.

But what about the request of CC copy (front and back) ? It's riddiculous. Guys, I believe that the security software works well when using deposits with CC. Thus, employees of that bookie can't see the CC infos IMO. (Maybe the top level managers can see, but I don't think they will use that info) But if you scan and send your CC infos with e-mail, it will be assesed by the employees of the financial department of that bookie. They will definitely see the CC infos, so I will definitely not send my CC copy to those guys. NO WAY ! First, the value of that CC is much higher than the account balance. Second, although I think that bookie is a trustworthy one, value of that CC is probably higher than the annual salary of that bookie's finance department employees. Even leaving that money and not withdrawing ever is +EV in betting terms IMO.

On the other hand, I'm not very knowledgable with the industry. Are those requested documents standard in other bookies too? At the A, A+ rating bookies ? At the soccer betting based European bookies ? I really wonder it because those requested documents seem ridiculous to me. Does all bookies want those insecure documents ?

By the way, do you think that is it possible to make a withdrawal without sending at least copy of the CC ?

Thanks.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quit being paranoid. it's standard practice.
    I play at an A book, and I had to send them also.

Sabrosa

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm3462 View Post
    Quit being paranoid. it's standard practice.
    I play at an A book, and I had to send them also.
    I would send those documents to Pinny or Betfair without questioning too.
    But the question is; would you send those documents to an European B- book ?

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrosa View Post
    I would send those documents to Pinny or Betfair without questioning too.
    But the question is; would you send those documents to an European B- book ?

Well, don't you have to? (How else you going to get your euros?)

Sabrosa

Guys, what about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrosa View Post
    I might censor some critical points and send it to them. By the way, are there any technological devices that can delete those censors and see the exact copy ? (I am planning to scan my ID, scribble some critical points with a pen, re-scan and send)
    If I scribble the numbers at the middle of my CC number with a pen, are there any ways to remove my censor ?