dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

Hey guys, do you think it would be possible to transfer whatever is in matchbook to another book? It would be a hassle to cash out and then deposit again. Do you think they will allow this option as oppose to cashout?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow!!

You heard it here first there is gonna be a whole lot of penny arbitrage players looking for work.
    Points Awarded:

bigugly gave sharpcat 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad news. But if they are doing this they have to believe that they can survive without americans. Maybe asians and euros stands for a bigger turnover % than americans already.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

If this is true, would they allow people to withdraw via B2B transfer? Or would they have reason to stop outgoing B2B transfers at that point?

Also, MBook needs to comment on these rumors. If they don't address these rumors, we have to assume there is at least some truth to them. Even if this rumor were false, there will definitely be a run on withdrawals if they do not address this publicly.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

The end of the world

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    with baseball right around the corner. ouch

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I am on live chat with them right now and they are saying that they know nothing about pulling out of the US market.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

fishhead going to cry? he is not going to be happy.(hes from US right?)

geebert74

Anthony: Account question

You are now speaking with Trinity of Wagering.
    Trinity: Hello. Thank you for contacting us at Matchbook.
    Trinity: How may I help you?
    Anthony: Hi Trinity, I was reading on an open forum that you are going to be closing accounts of US players?
    Anthony: Is this true?
    Trinity: As far as i am aware, we are not pulling out from the us market
    Anthony: Are there other people asking the same question? The source of this was pretty solid. Will you give us a heads up if this is indeed true?
    Trinity: we have had a few customers asking the same questions
    Trinity: but again, we are not pulling out
    Anthony: ok that is great to hear. Thank you for your time.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    fishhead going to cry? he is not going to be happy.(hes from US right?)
    Even MB users not from the US should not be happy. This will kill the liquidity.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Hopefully they will reconsider.

I said it when the rumor broke the first time; why would they pay WSEX to buy MB and then strip away 90% of the volume???

Nothing ever adds up with Matchbook and WSEX and the credit accounts and all the rest. Both WSEX and Matchbook should issue a statement to clear the air.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14026

also talked to trinity----asked her why there was a cancellation for the live betting of nyk-miami, told me management gave no reason, they just canncelled it at the last minute. then told me the same that they were not leaving the US. i will belive bill d. on this and not trinity. we have the scariest goverment in the world here in the US. don't know which is more scary, living here or not living here. before you think that is has to be more scary living here. someday we may bomb the shit out of your country, because we know what's best for everyone.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

We are planning for a call tonight to add some insight. Their general statement is expected within 24.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    We are planning for a call tonight to add some insight. Their general statement is expected within 24.
    any reason to believe our funds are not safe?

geebert74

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Should we be considering a payout before they announce?

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    also talked to trinity----asked her why there was a cancellation for the live betting of nyk-miami, told me management gave no reason, they just canncelled it at the last minute.
    As you are aware WSEX closed this market as well...and some say they're no longer affiliated.

Perhaps WSEX was in a conference call with MB so they couldn't have Live in-play for NYK vs. MIA (both books mysteriously took down this market at the same time)
    Last edited by trumpdown; 02-27-11 at 09:47 PM. Reason: market reopened as a pick 10 minutes ago...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by geebert74 View Post
    Should we be considering a payout before they announce?
    You can try to get first in line.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    As you are aware WSEX closed this market as well...and some say they're no longer affiliated.
    Huh? Strange to say the least.

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

What pisses me off is that we had numerous people that had legitimate concerns for weeks about matchbook, and we have had defenders such as Legions36 and fishhead that did everything possible to silence and shut down consumers that saw the writing on the wall and were legitimately concerned. We now have verification from SBR Brass that Matchbook is indeed leaving the U.S. market. My question is, if people end up losing money and could have gotten there money out but were persuaded that Matchbook was sound by these two individuals should those individuals hold some blame for swearing that we had nothing to worry about. Just a rant from the peanut gallery.
    Last edited by socalaaron; 02-27-11 at 09:37 PM.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14026

Quote Originally Posted by socalaaron View Post
    What pisses me off is that we had numerous people that had legitimate concerns for weeks about matchbook, and we have had defenders such as Legions36 and fishhead that did everything possible to silence consumers that saw the writing on the wall and were legitimately concerned. We now have verification from SBR Brass that Matchbook is indeed leaving the U.S. market. My question is, if people end up losing money and could have gotten there money out but were persuaded that Matchbook was sound by these two individuals should those individuals hold some blame for swearing that we had nothing to worry about. Just a rant from the peanut gallery.
    they are only opinions -- someone is right and someone is wrong, who cares -- everyone has a right to there opinion. and being right doesn't mean you knew anything. you guessed right. probably using someone else's opinion.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave relaaxx 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SportsMozart
    SportsMozart's Avatar Become A Pro!

US market , no doubt one of the biggest ( if not the biggest) on the planet, yet everybody are running away from here like rats from the sinking ship? Seems that they all are sick of bureaucracy and laws that are targeting online gambling. What ever happened to free country? Laws are getting tighter and tighter ... Where does it all end?
    Europe though is still free...
    Last edited by SportsMozart; 02-27-11 at 09:45 PM.

KGambler

we had numerous people that had legitimate concerns for weeks about matchbook,
    This is a lie.

And if it turns out that MB does not leave the U.S. market, or does leave the U.S. market but pays everyone, can we expect an apology from people like you who were fear-mongering?

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

strange days, indeed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Betfair is not good at US sports and Matchbook is not good at soccer. They are in different markets.
    Wrong SON

The live betting for usa market games does very well and blew matchbook under the fukkin water at their own game

Average live tv nba game does $300,000 per game, average non live game does about 100,000

nfl tv games about 700,000

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMozart View Post
    US market , no doubt one of the biggest ( if not the biggest) on planet, yet everybody are running away from here like rats from the sinking ship? Seems that they all are sick of bureaucracy and laws that are targeting online gambling. What ever happened to free country?
    Laws are getting tighter and tighter ... Where does it all end?
    Well, another reason is that many of these companies are planning for that future date when the U.S. legalizes online gambling... They don't want to be frozen out of the biggest market. BetFair is already lining up business with U.S. states such as New Jersey, who are going to allow exchange wagering on horse racing.

SBR_John
    Wisky

What pisses me off is that we had numerous people that had legitimate concerns for weeks about matchbook, and we have had defenders such as Legions36 and fishhead that did everything possible to silence consumers that saw the writing on the wall and were legitimately concerned. We now have verification from SBR Brass that Matchbook is indeed leaving the U.S. market. My question is, if people end up losing money and could have gotten there money out but were persuaded that Matchbook was sound by these two individuals should those individuals hold some blame for swearing that we had nothing to worry about. Just a rant from the peanut gallery.
    We always told it like it was on Matchbook. We have had them at C+ to B- over the past year plus and admitted we did not know how stable they were due to their steep default(lay down)losses in credit and their connection to WSEX. I think most folks used caution. Sometimes when you see arb guys touting a book and claiming they are safe when they know different you need to be very careful.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Matchbook was never a successful operation
    Matchbook will get chewed fukkin alive in Europe
    They are done or will get bought out

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Will they open another sportsbetting exchange to replace matchook and totally separate with WSEX later?

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    We always told it like it was on Matchbook. We have had them at C+ to B- over the past year plus and admitted we did not know how stable they were due to their steep default(lay down)losses in credit and their connection to WSEX. I think most folks used caution. Sometimes when you see arb guys touting a book and claiming they are safe when they know different you need to be very careful.
    Are you saying it's now a distinct possibility that MB is going to stiff all of their U.S based players?

Even if they are leaving the U.S. market, but are going to payout, then your post doesn't really make much sense. It's like saying Pinnacle was unstable or should have been downgraded because they booted U.S. customers.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    ha WOW

Jeez

well I think this is officially the deciding factor.....Bill Frist, Bob Goodlatte, John Kyl....the Republicans won

it's over, the Republicans won

amazing

Small government. Don't tread on me.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchbook was never a successful operation
    Matchbook will get chewed fukkin alive in Europe
    They are done or will get bought out
    Maybe they figure they can get some business from BetFair by offering lower commission fees? It shouldn't be hard, considering how astronomically high BetFair's fees are.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Anytime a book makes whole sale changes it's a little stressful. Not only for if you'll get paid, but how long it will take. We've always advised players to hold off with Matchbook until they have some time under their belt away from WSEX. Now we'll have to wait and see how their plan plays out. We can say that others in the business have positive things to say about the new ownership and Matchbook hasn't missed a payment yet. My money is on everyone getting their funds in March.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    This is a lie.

And if it turns out that MB does not leave the U.S. market, or does leave the U.S. market but pays everyone, can we expect an apology from people like you who were fear-mongering?
    How is it a lie.
    I had concerns and have been reducing my exposure to Matchbook gradually for about 18 months.

The dwindling number of deposit/payout options was a red flag to me even though I can use Neteller.

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay.. Allow me to apologize. I may have very well have jumped the gun and Matchbook may very well remain in the U.S. market. For that I apologize. The fact is that there are some concerns (WSEX's inability to pay their customers and WSEX's relationship with Matchbook) and there were several people that did everything in their power to shut down any form of discussion. Not trying to fear monger. If you feel that your money is safe, god bless you and best of luck to you. Everyone is welcome to their opinion (as am I) and if I am wrong (which I may be) I sincerely apologize.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    How is it a lie.
    I had concerns and have been reducing my exposure to Matchbook gradually for about 18 months.

The dwindling number of deposit/payout options was a red flag to me even though I can use Neteller.
    Red flag for what exactly???

That they would leave the U.S. market, but payout all of the players?

Please explain to me like I am a small child, because I really don't understand what you are saying.

First 12345 ... Last