Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Online Books - US Laws

I wager with a local book through an online account. But was thinking about putting some money in a couple of online books. However, I'm not sure this is going to be possible because I'm a US citizen (Chicago) and aren't sure of the laws. Why can't I use pinny? What about 5 dimes or bookmaker or the greek? Would I be committing any crimes (I am aware using a local is illegal)? Perhaps the most important, will I be able to withdraw my funds? I wouldn't be able to use paypal right?

If anyone has a summary or link to any good info on this subject, I would really appreciate it. Thanks and good luck.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

there are no less than 100 threads about this very issue you can search for

and after you read them you still will not know for sure the correct stance

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

Illinois does have restrictions. Need to read up on your laws.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

If you're betting with a local and you know it's illegal, than why do you care if it's illegal to bet offshore? Your already knowingly braking the law. As far as offshore books where your money is safe and you'll get paid and accept US players....5Dimes, BetJm, The Greek, Bookmaker, Legends.

ehp6737

And....Paypal definitely NOT an option to fund accts

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I would have just searched past threads, but im traveling and using my phone so I really appreciate your feedback. I only care about the illegality of it because its a lot easier for authorities to seize funds and accounts when you provide that info online as opposed to cash transactions with my locals.

I will research those links. What do other us based players do? Am I better off sticking with my locals? I just want to expand my outs and become a pro here, but don't want any unnecessary risks. Thanks.

ehp6737

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    I would have just searched past threads, but im traveling and using my phone so I really appreciate your feedback. I only care about the illegality of it because its a lot easier for authorities to seize funds and accounts when you provide that info online as opposed to cash transactions with my locals.

I will research those links. What do other us based players do? Am I better off sticking with my locals? I just want to expand my outs and become a pro here, but don't want any unnecessary risks. Thanks.
    The benefit to having a local is cash and carry. Very easy transactions on both ends. The drawbacks, atleast for some, is getting over their head betting on credit. Also a limited nmber of betting options.

Betting offshore will offer you cash and freeplay bonuses for new accts and reloads. Also will have a lot more betting options then you probably currently have. Funding nowadays in US is really done mainly with **/**. ************ are very hard, if not impossible, to use anymore.

Crash
    is not a pro
    Crash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

to many laws to read up on just role the dice

billyboy73
    billyboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting online is safer and you have more options.IMO

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I say its illegal but SBRJohn promised me he wouldn't tell anyone if I went SBR PRO.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Summary/ Become a Pro at sbr with a deposit at one of the top shelve books. Your funds are as safe as can be. Try it out. There are more betting options. Manage your account long term. Depositing and cashing out are not as easy as with a local. Still its available and is a good compliment to a local.As for the laws, as I understand it its not illegal for you to place the bet, but it may or may not be illegal for them to take it. U.S. Banks can be fined for being involved in transactions. Without going into detail stay with the top shops and they know how to deal with it.

tonycarr
    tonycarr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

From everything Ive read about it the betting isnt illegal its the funding of an account that is the problem?

Poppa K
    Poppa K's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=ehp6737;9004887] Betting offshore will offer you cash and freeplay bonuses for new accts and reloads. Also will have a lot more betting options then you probably currently have.

I admit, I need to do a lot more reading myself, but I do have a pretty simple question.. You mention a lot more options off shore...Are the minimum wagers more reasonable than locals? I like toplace a lot of bets, but these $50.00 min plays are killing me.. What are the standard minimums with the off shores?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Stick with your local. You have a lot less chance of getting ripped off.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17009

[quote=Poppa K;9023986]
    Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Betting offshore will offer you cash and freeplay bonuses for new accts and reloads. Also will have a lot more betting options then you probably currently have.

I admit, I need to do a lot more reading myself, but I do have a pretty simple question.. You mention a lot more options off shore...Are the minimum wagers more reasonable than locals? I like toplace a lot of bets, but these $50.00 min plays are killing me.. What are the standard minimums with the off shores?
    Much lower minimums online. Many are between $1- $5.