playz
    playz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betmaker

What are people's opinions on the them? Is there enough liquidity. I have NBA games section open now and it doesnt look good. I am thinking of using them because of the ability to move funds quickly. Any opinions?

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by playz View Post
    What are people's opinions on the them? Is there enough liquidity. I have NBA games section open now and it doesnt look good. I am thinking of using them because of the ability to move funds quickly. Any opinions?
    There is not much liquidity now.But the book is so solid we have the ability and the reason to make something really special about it.The reason is the inability to withdraw in a timely fashion from Matchbook.Maybe if everybody started playing there it would grab matchbooks attention.

yellowman
    yellowman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I really, really hope Betmaker realizes the golden opportunity they have right now with Matchbook leaving the US...they might be the only exchange option left for US players. I expect better liquidity there in the coming weeks, I may have to post up there soon

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess I will give them a go as well..esp cause of the transfer relationship

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

switching loyalty from matchbook to betmaker won't do any good to either (liquidity-wise)

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

While it certainly sucks especially for players with money on MB what does this mean for the future of exchange sites to USA players? As I understand it Betmaker is available for US players. But it sounds like they are fairly new (even though they are associate with good names like Bookmaker and Diamond) and with this newness comes a lack of liquidity. However, if the majority of MB players moved over to Betmaker might this make them decent?

Is there some way for USA players to use Betfair? I know people have mentioned vpn (or proxy servers or something like that for Pinnacle). Is Betfair so clearly superior to Betmaker that this option needs to be explored for serious players?

Basically I am most interested in MLB and an exchange for that. I am sure there are lots of people in this same boat as this was the main market served by MB and now that is gone.

Thoughts?

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by yellowman View Post
    I really, really hope Betmaker realizes the golden opportunity they have right now with Matchbook leaving the US...they might be the only exchange option left for US players. I expect better liquidity there in the coming weeks, I may have to post up there soon
    If Bookmaker doesn't act on the opportunity they are being handed and SERIOUSLY market Betmaker, they are indeed missing out on a potential goldmine. I would exdpect them to send out a marketing E-mail within a day.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

Does Betmaker leave any games open for live betting like Matchbook did?

SportsMozart
    SportsMozart's Avatar Become A Pro!

In coming weeks watch the liquidity in Betmaker triple from what it is now... Most of the MB US cutomers will eventually land there and Betmaker will become big. It is owned by Chris and should have same pattern of behavior as BM.

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Let us all play there for baseball and get themto open it up by at least 4PM the day before.Remember it is up to us.They are very solid.

Milk Money
    Milk Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMozart View Post
    In coming weeks watch the liquidity in Betmaker triple from what it is now... Most of the MB US cutomers will eventually land there and Betmaker will become big. It is owned by Chris and should have same pattern of behavior as BM.
    Well there gonna have to learn to move the lines in NCAA bball. Few people like to pay -116 for a side.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13942

guess i will be depositing soon.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

What is the for and against for each team? Wouldnt I just bet for one team or for the other team in the contest. Can someone explain this "against" thing to me? ( Sorry I am stupid)

superwerewolf6
    superwerewolf6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3047

the site layout looks kinda like matchbook but just a little sleezyer ,ill wait a while hoping they do well, i miss matchbook already

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51589

As do I, I hope this place turns out to be reasonable - we need some good exchange in the US!

jogumon
    jogumon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their web site is completely unusable in Google chrome. Considering this browser has 10% market share (and growing) they should probably fix this.

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

if people stop talking and actually start using then there will be plenty of liquidity

playz

does anyone have any insight? Lines are so far apart. Why doesnt bookmaker try and develop this business. There have to be people that come in andprovide liquity. There is too much money to be made ... right?

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

The layout is terrible. You can only view 1 thing at a time. Unless you can customize it and I missed it, you can only view point spreads, or money lines, or totals. You can't watch all markets on a game at once. That definitely needs to be changed.

Kaps
    Kaps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1785

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    The layout is terrible. You can only view 1 thing at a time. Unless you can customize it and I missed it, you can only view point spreads, or money lines, or totals. You can't watch all markets on a game at once. That definitely needs to be changed.

that is one thing they will need to change for sure in order to survive ..... you must be able to watch all markets on a game at once

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

the strange thing about betmaker is that about 2 months ago they advertised on moneybookers website, but actually upto now are unable to process deposits/withdrawals via that method.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

yeah it doesnt work on google chrome. lol i just thought the site was terrible. thanks for letting me know.

playz

does anyone have any info on deposit/withdrawal methods? If I deposit by card is there a wait? And do they offer the DC option like bookmaker/betdsi?

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

betmaker is a joke, period

playz

Liquidity for NBA spreads and ML arent terrible. The fact is some people need an exchneg now that matchbook is not an option so liquidity has to pick up. I have to make the move.

omahamoneymaker
    omahamoneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can you move money to and from Betmaker, DSI, and Bookmaker without fees? I have accounts at both BM and DSI.

omahamoneymaker
    omahamoneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just went onto Bookmaker and did a chat there and they said they no longer have any affiliation with Betmaker.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Thanks for the thread... Since MB is gone for US i am trying to decide to go to BetMaker or wait for a blackie /Ganch exchange....
    The fact that BetMaker is associated with Bookmaker makes it definitely a plus. Only question is their software which looks a little confusing ... of course same was with matchbook at first