thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

i was on nova on the moneyline, if you want reduced juice isn't matchbook your best option?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Had my reduced juice limited to 50 dollar wagers.

Tony didn't like the fact I was winning. This was years ago too. Tony is a fukkin prick

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

I doubt any of the st. John bettors noticed the line was way off and after the game were happy they won their + ml bet that they aren't going to ask for a refund

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4730

I would think they would have voided anyone betting the underdog on this game also. I think their reputaion of being fair is worth more to them.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

How would voiding both sides be the most fair? The only way to be fair would be to pay the underdog bettors the right line or the wrong line. Giving them a refund would be the most unfair thing to do

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Not before the game it wouldn't

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Not sure why so many people call this guy a shot taker and a cheat. He played the line that was there. I don't care if he knew it was a "bad line" or not. They posted it, he played it.

brad89
    brad89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Not sure why so many people call this guy a shot taker and a cheat. He played the line that was there. I don't care if he knew it was a "bad line" or not. They posted it, he played it.
    You just answered your own question. He knew it was wrong and still played it...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony is fine. People are so scared of him that they actually post brief conversations to show they didn't immediately roll over. Like some rodeo.

Many here wouldn't believe how lenient and flexible books can be when you treat them not like the enemy, but like a friend. Books don't want your money. Other gamblers do. Books just want your action. That makes books business partners (because we couldn't do this without them), and other gamblers the enemy. Of course, this comes AFTER carefully selecting the reliable books. There are some true assholes out there, but Tony is not one of them. Treat him like a friend, and he will treat you like one as well. And if you try to cheat a friend, guess who's the asshole?

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

At least Tony is consistent. I prefer to deal with someone who I know is going to be a hard ass rather than someone who sometimes is going to be understanding and other times is going to be a jerk.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

DH: Essentially the same point I tried to make earlier; but more eloquently put. Others would do well to take note.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Tony is fine. People are so scared of him that they actually post brief conversations to show they didn't immediately roll over. Like some rodeo.

Many here wouldn't believe how lenient and flexible books can be when you treat them not like the enemy, but like a friend. Books don't want your money. Other gamblers do. Books just want your action. That makes books business partners (because we couldn't do this without them), and other gamblers the enemy. Of course, this comes AFTER carefully selecting the reliable books. There are some true assholes out there, but Tony is not one of them. Treat him like a friend, and he will treat you like one as well. And if you try to cheat a friend, guess who's the asshole?
    lol, tony and 5 dimes are such great friends, that you will never get tossed out of there for winning if you promise not to curse

dude like seriously do you bet real amounts at 5 dimes?

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

It should be the book's fault. You placed the play with what you saw. You confirmed. So...It should be the books fault for having a faulty line. Of course not though...
    See, If it were the other way and you noticed you got a bad line,.THEY would not cancel the wager or refund your money at all.
    These books love screwing with people.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

OP openly admits to betting into an obviously line error and then chooses to fuk with Tony in live chat about it (not the first teenager to do so on this forum). The guy deserves Tony's teeth in his ass and the loss of his reduced juice.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

So from now on, if you see a line that you feel you have the best of, you should not bet it? Guys should only bet lines where they feel beaten from the get go? Lame whore shit

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    So from now on, if you see a line that you feel you have the best of, you should not bet it? Guys should only bet lines where they feel beaten from the get go? Lame whore shit
    So that's what you got out of reading the OP's opening post? What part of I knew it was a bad line don't you get? So say you bet a team +10 that should be -10, the Book is supposed to honor it? Now that's some lame horseshit.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    OP openly admits to betting into an obviously line error and then chooses to fuk with Tony in live chat about it (not the first teenager to do so on this forum). The guy deserves Tony's teeth in his ass and the loss of his reduced juice.
    Funny how this guy acts like he knows who I am and my age.

It was no serious offense, I wanted to hear from someone from 5dimes explain their policy clearly. It's obviously a rigged system, everyone knows that. The threat of losing the reduced juice was never a real one. If you read the conversation, Tony came in with his hardass attitude from the getgo and needed to be brought down to a conversational level. Never once did I antagonize the man.

bbenson011
    bbenson011's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol some online shit is so stupid imo

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

I didn't read this entire thread, much like I assume you don't read rules at books.

Intentionally betting incorrect lines can get you bounced.

Honor among thieves.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    I didn't read this entire thread, much like I assume you don't read rules at books.

Intentionally betting incorrect lines can get you bounced.

Honor among thieves.
    Which raises another point. Online books thrive on inexperienced bettors just throwing money around not really having a clue. So let's put someone like that in this situation. Suppose an inexperienced bettor bet a bad line and had no idea he did so. We all know that there's a ton of people who wouldn't know a bad line if they saw one. Is that how he should be treated by a representative of the company?

Like I said, I didn't antagonize Tony so there was never really a threat of losing the reduced juice. I simply plead ignorance and asked that he explain to me the situation.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Funny how this guy acts like he knows who I am and my age.

It was no serious offense, I wanted to hear from someone from 5dimes explain their policy clearly. It's obviously a rigged system, everyone knows that. The threat of losing the reduced juice was never a real one. If you read the conversation, Tony came in with his hardass attitude from the getgo and needed to be brought down to a conversational level. Never once did I antagonize the man.
    You admitted you knew it was a bad line, and then you make a childish move to provoke 5D's GM. So yes I think I know you pretty well, actual age aside. You're a shottaker with the mentality of a teenager.

t-wizzle

Sounds like you nailed it "HedgeHog"

HedgeHog

TY for finally admitting it. Seriously, why post this confrontation with Tony when you knew you were wrong. Does this make you more of a man for taking him on?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    TY for finally admitting it. Seriously, why post this confrontation with Tony when you knew you were wrong. Does this make you more of a man for taking him on?
    Yes. That was the point. I needed to prove how much of a man i am on a sports forum. If you read my last few posts, you will see what the point was. Report back when you are finished Hedge.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Yes. That was the point. I needed to prove how much of a man i am on a sports forum. If you read my last few posts, you will see what the point was. Report back when you are finished Hedge.
    I re-read everything and still don't get it. You needed to bring Tony back to a "conversation level" on a matter you admit was your fault-intentionally betting a bad line. You feel your reduced vig was never in serious jeopardy, yet Tony threatened to pull it. He obviously didn't, which puts you right back to where you started. So what exactly did you gain by all this nonsense?

t-wizzle

Who said i was looking to gain anything from this. I brought it to the forum to get their reaction as far as how he handled the situation. I have two questions for you.

1. Do you think that a representative of a company, in this case the GM/whatever you want to call him, should be so confrontational with one of his customers?

2. Do you honestly believe that he was going to pull the reduced juice? Come on now Hedge, you're not really that scared are you? Had I antagonized him or been confrontational, then yea maybe he pulls it. But I simply asked for an explanation.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I hope I never talk to tony..

First 123