escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

betting limits and way to act

Hi all. How about if a bookmaker limts you and you delete your account and ask them do delete your information from their database. Do they do that and do they have a database for ex-members with missing personal data? What shall we tell them in order to make sure they dont keep any records about us? I read somewhere about a person who was doing that every once in a while when he hit the limit.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

They are not required to delete your details.
    Even for those registered/regulated in the EU there are specific exceptions to privacy laws which allow them to keep your data on file.

escou

Yes ofcourse they are allowed to keep our data, but if we request for them to delete our data and that is our personal will? What happens then, are they not supposed to follow our will?

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I think its 5 years in the UK they are allowed to retain things, and within that timeframe you can write them a letter requesting any/all information they have on file with you for a nominal fee and they must turn over all notes/comments/acct history/etc

batigol
    batigol's Avatar Become A Pro!

ohhh.... very interesting question !

peterd78
    peterd78's Avatar Become A Pro!

they don't delete accounts completely, the just close your account so you can't use it but your details are kept in their database.

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109244

Quote Originally Posted by peterd78 View Post
    they don't delete accounts completely, the just close your account so you can't use it but your details are kept in their database.
    I think that's the way they handle this.

Don't try to close your account, request deleting your account details and open a new account. That will not work.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I think its 5 years in the UK they are allowed to retain things, and within that timeframe you can write them a letter requesting any/all information they have on file with you for a nominal fee and they must turn over all notes/comments/acct history/etc
    Never heard of that. Very interesting. Do You have any links to sources? Would appreciate!

chachi
    Lazy Git

the right to request the data being held about you is part of the data protection/privacy regs ... it is legally referred to as a 'subject access request'

here's the guideline pamphlet:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public...s_for_all.ashx

if you're in need of something to put you to sleep here's the entire legislation:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
    Last edited by chachi; 02-18-11 at 09:27 AM.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

The most important thing is Books will not disclose your personal details, and won't report any winning to your local government..

chachi
    Lazy Git

well in the EU since gambling is not taxed as income unlike other jurisdictions there is no reason to turn someone in

escou

Well guys I am sure that a person, wrote specifically to bwin and requested THAT HIS DETAILS ARE DELETED FROM THEIR DATABASE, saw that person posting on a bulgarian forum, he just didn't like the idea of being in their database, wrote to them that he started recieveing strange letters since he signed for a account with them and thought it was their fault bla bla ... so he went for a new account after a while and it worked, az you all know in bwin you cant open two accounts with same personal data! So all these professional players up in this forum and noone says a thing about this I dont think so I think some people know it works, so i will try and let ya'll know

horsiehung
    horsiehung's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have never been that lucky!!!!!!

gl

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by escou View Post
    So all these professional players up in this forum and noone says a thing about this I dont think so I think some people know it works, so i will try and let ya'll know
    ofcourse this doesn't work. no offence, but all of these "professional players" don't say anything because this thread is too stupid and naive to even comment on. these books are under no obligations to delete your personal data for at least 5 years (when they're not in a 3rd world country) or ever delete it (when they are in a 3rd world country like a majority of books are), and even if they say they have deleted it, who is going to check? you really think nobody, including the books themselves, has ever thought of this great idea before? use your brains.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    well in the EU since gambling is not taxed as income unlike other jurisdictions there is no reason to turn someone in
    every eu country has different tax laws with regards to gambling, so the above statement is very much inaccurate.

chachi
    Lazy Git

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    every eu country has different tax laws with regards to gambling, so the above statement is very much inaccurate.
    Mea culpa ... I retract the statement and hopefully this will correct my gaffe slightly

Belgium – winnings are taxable as miscellaneous income.
    Bulgaria – taxex all gambling winning at 10%
    Denmark – 45% tax on the first $4 million in winnings and 75% on anything over $4 million
    Finland – winners must pay taxes on their winnings
    France – Only professional players must pay taxes, casual players are exempt.
    Germany – accountants determine what should be declared as taxable income or winnings
    Greece – 10% tax on gambling winnings
    Spain – tax on all winnings coming from outside the country but not winnings from providers inside the country
    Sweden – Sweden has gone after winners claiming tax evasion
    United Kingdom – UK does not tax gambling winnings

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Actually technically gambling winnings are liable to income tax in the UK if that is your occupation. It's not enforced though.

chachi
    Lazy Git

Yes. I was audited my last year in the UK. Declared myself as a professional to the man at inland revenue, his immediate comment was 'I presume you can if needed produce enough losing betting slips to cover your winnings' and grinned at me and I agreed with him.

He immediately stood up and thanked me for coming in, and said "Right, that's the end of the interview then, sorry for the bother"

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

This data is worth a lot of money. All that you can do is limit what you give them. All books of course say that your personal data is protected under nearly impossible to break encryption, then they sell it to a book like heritage. The best lock is only as strong as the man with the key to it.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by escou View Post
    Well guys I am sure that a person, wrote specifically to bwin and requested THAT HIS DETAILS ARE DELETED FROM THEIR DATABASE, saw that person posting on a bulgarian forum, he just didn't like the idea of being in their database, wrote to them that he started recieveing strange letters since he signed for a account with them and thought it was their fault bla bla ... so he went for a new account after a while and it worked, az you all know in bwin you cant open two accounts with same personal data! So all these professional players up in this forum and noone says a thing about this I dont think so I think some people know it works, so i will try and let ya'll know
    This would be a good way to let the book freeroll you!!!!!

Books have special rules about players multi accounting in an attempt to circumvent wagering limits, and most note that if you are caught doing such that your balance can be seized.

Basically if you lose they will gladly take your money, if you win and they find out they could confiscate your balance and definately all of your winnings.

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109244

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    This would be a good way to let the book freeroll you!!!!!

Books have special rules about players multi accounting in an attempt to circumvent wagering limits, and most note that if you are caught doing such that your balance can be seized.

Basically if you lose they will gladly take your money, if you win and they find out they could confiscate your balance and definately all of your winnings.
    It's a win-win situation for the bookie and a lose-lose situation for the player.