1. #1
    Actionbrett
    Actionbrett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-03-07
    Posts: 597
    Betpoints: 1374

    Has anyone sent a Cashiers/Bank Check to Bet Jamaica or Olympic?

    If so, what kind of turn around time did u have until it was deposited into your account?

    Any problems on the sportsbook end of receiving the check?

  2. #2
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Cashiers checks sent to BetJamaica get credit on arrival of received, while TheGreek will make you wait up to as much as 21 days in order to make sure it clears.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  3. #3
    SlappyWhite
    SlappyWhite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 443

    just **, it takes the same amount of time and they credit the fee to you, and its available in 30 mins.

  4. #4
    Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 26,374

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyWhite View Post
    just **, it takes the same amount of time and they credit the fee to you, and its available in 30 mins.
    Agree, use **, a lot quicker & simpler.

  5. #5
    Actionbrett
    Actionbrett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-03-07
    Posts: 597
    Betpoints: 1374

    id rather not ** 15K, plus im sure they have limits. I also want to avoid wireing the money too.

  6. #6
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoprano View Post
    Agree, use **, a lot quicker & simpler.
    Actually, it is a much bigger pain in the ass, unless you are sending $200.

  7. #7
    tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-07
    Posts: 1,129
    Betpoints: 6786

    BetJam credited the check instantly, although you have to wait like 6 weeks before you can withdraw.

  8. #8
    louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-07
    Posts: 6,087
    Betpoints: 103

    i've only sent them money by ** or **, i've always wondered what they mean by an "international" cashier check or ***********, like for a ***********, does that mean i have to get like a ** one, and not get one from the post office. And where would i obtain an international cashier check, i thought they were all international.

  9. #9
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    Go to your bank and get a cashiers check. Same as you would take to a house closing. There is nothing specifically international about it.

  10. #10
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 37,266
    Betpoints: 2597

    i can't figure out why betjam will let you play right away and the greek won't, i can understand them holding the withdrawal off for a few weeks till it clears, but why would sister books have such differing policies on the same kind of deposit?

  11. #11
    WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-07
    Posts: 3,846
    Betpoints: 54

    Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    i've only sent them money by ** or **, i've always wondered what they mean by an "international" cashier check or ***********, like for a ***********, does that mean i have to get like a ** one, and not get one from the post office. And where would i obtain an international cashier check, i thought they were all international.
    At most gas stations around where I live you can walk in and ask for a ***********. They will give you a ** international *********** for up to like $2500 I think. This is how people without checking accounts pay their bills. I've never seen a "non-international" *********** by the way.

  12. #12
    louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-07
    Posts: 6,087
    Betpoints: 103

    Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    At most gas stations around where I live you can walk in and ask for a ***********. They will give you a ** international *********** for up to like $2500 I think. This is how people without checking accounts pay their bills. I've never seen a "non-international" *********** by the way.
    yeah, i just figured they meant a *********** from either ** or **, but i know you can get money orders at the post office and maybe they don't except those cause they are from the USPS, which is our government.

  13. #13
    JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-07
    Posts: 3,816
    Betpoints: 233

    Quote Originally Posted by Actionbrett View Post
    id rather not ** 15K, plus im sure they have limits. I also want to avoid wireing the money too.
    At that amount, yes you do want to avoid that. Gonna have to go cashiers check. I'm assuming you would next day air that package on FedEx or UPS.

Top