fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Paddypower no longer letting Canadians wager

Some books as of today are no longer letting Canadians wager,I git e mail from PaddyPower to that effect.Does anyone know what is going on?Thanks

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by fido007 View Post
    Some books as of today are no longer letting Canadians wager,I git e mail from PaddyPower to that effect.Does anyone know what is going on?Thanks
    They cut off Australians some time ago when they bought a couple of local books here.

Seems their excuse being that they now have to be seen to comply with Australian law which disallows online in-play sports betting and they didn't have a software solution to restrict them.

Maybe something along those lines in Canada?

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    They cut off Australians some time ago when they bought a couple of local books here.

Seems their excuse being that they now have to be seen to comply with Australian law which disallows online in-play sports betting and they didn't have a software solution to restrict them.

Maybe something along those lines in Canada?
    I called them and they said they are not allowed to accept Canadian ************ in the past few days.So they stopped dealing with Canadians.On the SBR site they are listed as having no nationality restrictions.What about Americans?Is the SBR site wrong?
    Last edited by fido007; 02-14-11 at 10:37 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by fido007 View Post
    I called them and they said they are not allowed to accept Canadian ************ in the past few days.So they stopped dealing with Canadians.On the SBR site they are listed as having no nationality restrictions.What about Americans?Is the SBR site wrong?
    that's a pretty poor excuse - surely there are alternative funding methods they could accept .... Moneybookers?

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

NOTE - This is an important customer service message. If you have chosen not to receive marketing emails from Paddy Power, receipt of this email does not alter that decision.
    Username: ######
    Balance: €#######

Dear ########
    It has come to our attention that you are using a Canadian bank card. In accordance with Canadian law we will now be unable to take bets from Canada. Due to this, we will unfortunately have to block your debit/CC and in turn close your account. You will still be able to withdraw any outstanding funds from your account for the next seven days. Please contact our support team if you require any assistance.

From 12pm GMT (Monday 14th February 2011), we will no longer be able to accept payments from Canadian sources.

We appreciate your custom and hope that your experience with paddypower.com was an enjoyable one. If you have any questions about this decision or your account in general please feel free to contact our Customer Service team using the details below.
    Best Wishes,
    Paddy Power Customer Service Team

Customer Service Details

Copyright 2010 Paddypower.com All rights reserved | www.paddypower.com

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

this is stupid betfair allows canadians and they even give you alist of which canadian cc work and which don't, and why can't they still take moneybookers

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    this is stupid betfair allows canadians and they even give you alist of which canadian cc work and which don't, and why can't they still take moneybookers
    Exactly.

In accordance with Canadian law we will now be unable to take bets from Canada.
    I called and asked what Canadian legislation prevents them from operating in Canada. Ofc CS didn't know but they will get back to me. Sure

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Who cares about Paddypower, use pinnacle.