dcbt
    dcbt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

dumb wire question

Matchbook doesn't take wires from BkofAma, which is my bank. So if I have to use another bank to do the wire, do I need to plan on giving them cash to send the wire (like a ***********), or can i simply cut them a check, or is it even more complex in that I'd have to actually open an account?

Thanks in advance.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think a cashiers check sent overnight would be your best bet. Unless of course you open another bank account and send your wire through that bank.

dcbt

Hrmmm. The live chat guy over there that I just talked to didn't give me that as an option - only credit card, wire, and interbook transfer...

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

matchbook told me they do not take fedex checks for deposits

Cyclone
    Cyclone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The answer to the original question is "it depends". In general, banks will not be very excited about doing a wire for someone who is not a customer.

TLD
    TLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

I’ve sent bank wires from banks where I didn’t have an account. I never had a problem doing so.

I never tried to pay for one with a personal check, so I don’t know about that. I just filled out the wire form with them, and handed them the cash.

But even at banks where I already had an account, they wouldn’t take the funds straight from my account for the wire. They had me fill out a withdrawal slip, go to a teller window (or they went for me), get the cash, and come back.

So it amounted to the same thing whether I had an account or not.

dcbt

Thanks for the info, TLD. Interesting. I used BkofAma a few weeks ago to do a wire to Bookmaker and they just took the funds from my account, no need to see a teller. I guess it just varies from bank to bank...