cristianbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

SportingBet Rule 4.7

Hello folks,

Please read this:

Hello Sir,

May other members of my family register at Sportingbet also? My father
    would like to make an account but he will be using the same
    computer with mine. Will this be a problem?

I would like to add that my father will not opt in for any sign-up bonus.

Thank you, Kind Regards!

Cristian

Dear Cristian,

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to SportingBet Rule 4.7 SportingBet allows only one account per person and these details are stored and checked on our database daily. Therefore any subsequent accounts opened under the same postcode/personal details /IP address that are found to be related to any existing account may be closed immediately and any bets will be voided at SportingBet discretion. SportingBet reserves the right to reclaim any winnings attained by these means. All new registrations are monitored to ensure that duplicate accounts are not opened so please adhere to these conditions. As a result, you may have to submit documentation i.e. proof of address and ID, confirming that it is not one person using the same address/IP address.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Samantha

Customer Care Team
    Sportingbet.com

Hello Sir,

What if my dad can prove with documentation that is a real person?

Will he be entitled to use his account then?

Kind Regards
    Cristian

Dear Christian,

Thank you for contacting Sportingbet.

There should not be a problem if your father wants to create an account But as you already are aware SportingBet allows only one account per person and these details are stored and checked on our database daily. Therefore any subsequent accounts opened under the same postcode/personal details /IP address that are found to be related to any existing account may be closed immediately and any bets will be voided at SportingBet discretion. SportingBet reserves the right to reclaim any winnings attained by these means. All new registrations are monitored to ensure that duplicate accounts are not opened so please adhere to these conditions. As a result, your father may have to submit documentation i.e. proof of address and ID, confirming that it is not one person using the same address/IP address

Please contact us for further assistance.

Kind regards,

Esra

Sportingbet.com

What do you understand from this?

Will my pap's account be closed and after he proves with docs, his account will be ok and reopened?

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by cristianbet View Post

What do you understand from this?
    that if you and your "dad" will lose, they'll let it go, and if either of you wins, they reserve the right to confiscate your money.

really, don't ever give a book any reason to start trouble.. altough you might get away with it, playing from the same ip is not a good idea (even more so if your own account is already somehow limited in stakes, which a lot of accounts at sportingbet are, and your "dad" is placing bets you yourself are not allowed to place anymore).

there are more than 200 books out there, if you dad wants to bet, let him bet at one of those others...
    Last edited by noyb; 07-07-08 at 05:46 AM.

dekadent30
    dekadent30's Avatar Become A Pro!

you may not to have 2 accounts with your father in the same ip
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 08-17-08 at 11:03 AM. Reason: remove hyperlink

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

For god's sake, if your dad legitimately wants an account, and he lives with you, open an account at another book, preferably at a better book than SportingBet.

Or move out of your father's basement. It's time to fly on your own son.

It looks to me like this is just a case of someone trying to beat the system.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This is an old thread, bumped presumably because the guy above you wanted to spam an affiliate link.

I think this is the UK Sportingbet who are reasonably decent still, no real problems with them or their Aussie cousin.