bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

cancelled bet- should i bother fighting?

a book cancelled my prop bet dwight howard vs green bay packers most points yesterday. the wager was placed in plenty of time, however there is a note in my account saying "Wager deleted, MIA/LAC and NYK/PHI games started at 1200pm"

my wager had nothing to do with those 12pm games. not sure what time exactly wager was cancelled but it was placed well before the start time of magic game (and superbowl). i emailed a representative their last night, have not heard back. do i have a leg to stand on? basically wager was cancelled for no reason.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    a book cancelled my prop bet dwight howard vs green bay packers most points yesterday. the wager was placed in plenty of time, however there is a note in my account saying "Wager deleted, MIA/LAC and NYK/PHI games started at 1200pm"

my wager had nothing to do with those 12pm games. not sure what time exactly wager was cancelled but it was placed well before the start time of magic game (and superbowl). i emailed a representative their last night, have not heard back. do i have a leg to stand on? basically wager was cancelled for no reason.
    wait to see what they say in justification
    does your account show the time of bet placement?
    if so that issue is very easily determined

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    wait to see what they say in justification
    does your account show the time of bet placement?
    if so that issue is very easily determined
    account shows a bet was placed at 2pm for $0 (magic game started at 230) . i dont think they would dispute the fact that the wager was placed before gametimes. it also was not a bad line as a bet a similar price at thegreek without incident. its only for 100, not worthe that much of a hasssle.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Which book or at least state the sbr rating? For example, I have a dispute with Intertops right now. I feel I am being yanked around by them. Nothing really you can do....

It all comes down to how much trouble you want to go through for what amount of money or for some arcane sense of being right.

For me, I am about to just forget the dispute and not use their book anymore. Lesson learned when I could be playing A+ rated books.

bubba

thye have a b rating, will post book after this is resolved!

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

thye have a b rating, will post book after this is resolved!
    B rating..well theres hope. Is this an amount you would miss? Do you like the other aspects of the book? If its for an amount that you would not miss, save yourself the headache and move to an A rated book. I am about finished with intertops after this

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

account shows a bet was placed at 2pm for $0 (magic game started at 230) . i dont think they would dispute the fact that the wager was placed before gametimes. it also was not a bad line as a bet a similar price at thegreek without incident. its only for 100, not worthe that much of a hasssle.
    never mind the amount .. it's the principle of the thing

move to another book by all means but get them to settle this issue fairly or at least provide an explanation

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

A+ books will never cancel any pending wagers, Unless the game doesn't start.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by jackkkk2009 View Post
    A+ books will never cancel any pending wagers, Unless the game doesn't start.
    or wrong lines

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    or wrong lines
    emailed contact at the book sunday night. monday i emailed the contact at the book and the general customer service. just emailed the contact at the book and the general customer service again. so far no response from anyone on the issue.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

At what point are you going to say what the Book is?

bubba

wagerchief- at the very least it would be nice if they acknowledged receipt of my emails.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Books are very busy now with all of the super bowl props etc. Give them another couple days and if they haven't fixed it file an SBR complaint.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Books are very busy now with all of the super bowl props etc. Give them another couple days and if they haven't fixed it file an SBR complaint.
    busy or not, no excuse not to answer my emails sent over the last couple of days

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

It all depends on the bookie with issues like this and it doesn't matter if its rating if B or D. It's less likely to happen with well rated books but still.

bubba

bigger red flag then inexplicably cancelling my wager- they dont answer emails! i sent email on sunday, monday and tuesday and have not even received a generic apply acknowledging receipt of an email. wow! great service!

bubba

finally went on livechat. operator claimed never to recieve any of my emails. after a few hours they finally added 100 to my account