fsutomahawk
    fsutomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1161

At any of the A+ books I would feel comfortable in doing so up to mid 5 figures. After hitting over the 50,000 mark I would probably withdraw a good chunk of it.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i feel more comfortable having it in an offshore bank than in a US bank, that's for damn sure.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are 5 A (including A-) books in "regulated" jurisdictions. None are available to US players.

Notable books that are "at risk" include such "scam books" such as Pinnacle/Greek/Cris.

Seems like great advice.

Perhaps Ladbrokes/WillHill/Betfair is all the "real punter" needs.

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    There are 5 A (including A-) books in "regulated" jurisdictions. None are available to US players.

Notable books that are "at risk" include such "scam books" such as Pinnacle/Greek/Cris.

Seems like great advice.

Perhaps Ladbrokes/WillHill/Betfair is all the "real punter" needs.
    you are saying that pinnacle, greek and cris/bookmaker are scam books? explain please.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm being facetious.

Clearly using SBR ratings coupled with a regulated environment is a terrible heuristic for the practical needs of a bettor.

One of those most interesting issues is that the only people who need to ask questions like these are those least suited to judge the quality of advice and why specific people would be doing specific things.

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

In some respects you are probably no more at risk with your money in top rated books than banks, at least you can decide what you gamble on, many banks just gamble with our money and dont have the liquidity or the reserved funds to back up their risk taking with our funds.

tofuman
    tofuman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

safer than medium sized US banks

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4971

i wish i had this problem, but there are very few i'd trust with 6 figures

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

Big money in a book should make anyone nervous. You have 20k in your account and you log in and it shows zero. What do you do then? No one can make them give you your money. 5k max for me.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    Big money in a book should make anyone nervous. You have 20k in your account and you log in and it shows zero. What do you do then? No one can make them give you your money. 5k max for me.

the amount you need to hold at a book is relative to your bankroll and your anticipated action at that book over the next few days at least or whatever timeframe you need to replenish if necessary so will vary from player to player

$5k or $20k may not be sufficient for many serious players at their prime books

and USE ONLY GENUINE A GRADE BOOKS and you really ought have nothing to worry about

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I'll trust them with 5 figures when I'm worth 7 figures and they can hold 6 figures when I'm worth 8 figures.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

If you have a huge bankroll why wouldnt you bet in Nevada where you wouldnt have any worries?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Why is heritage more secure then 5 dimes or the greek ?

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    If you have a huge bankroll why wouldnt you bet in Nevada where you wouldnt have any worries?
    vegas -110/pinnacle -104, that's why

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    bit difficult from the other side of the world

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109244

Often the difficulty is to find the right balance between keeping the amount at the book not too high and withdrawing not too often.

First 12