1. #1
    xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-08
    Posts: 521
    Betpoints: 3251

    need info on tradesports

    I am thinking about opening an account at tradesports. I currently use matchbook almost exclusively. The only problem I have with matchbook is that it doesn't carry all the events that I am interested in. I see that tradesports have a C+ on SBR. What are the main problems with this exchange? Is my money safe there? What kind of signup bonus does it offer? I see a first 50 trade commission free and a $25 bonus through a Google search. Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    DacBietViet
    DacBietViet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-26-07
    Posts: 3,257

    not enough volume on tradesports. you will not get the play you want sometimes. might i suggest 5dimes.com they have over 1000 wagering options. 24 hour ** payouts. 2-3 day checks fedex

  3. #3
    xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-08
    Posts: 521
    Betpoints: 3251

    Quote Originally Posted by DacBietViet View Post
    not enough volume on tradesports. you will not get the play you want sometimes. might i suggest 5dimes.com they have over 1000 wagering options. 24 hour ** payouts. 2-3 day checks fedex
    Thanks for the info. I play almost exclusively on exchanges these days. I need others to consistently and frequently take bad odds to profit, and that does not happen with most sports books.

  4. #4
    Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-06
    Posts: 1,494

    I can give you a dozen reasons why Tradesports is overall superior to Matchbook.

    It won't matter however, because people who only bet baseball and need the low 1% vig to survive will never be able to look past Tradesports 4% commission.

    Anyway, I'll give you one reason.

    If you bet a long term market at Matchbook and are able to make a trade for a profit, you must wait until the event is concluded before your profit is able to be used.

    Example. You bet Tampa Bay to win the AL East in April and then sell them for a nice profit in July. You have to wait until the season is over in October before the profit is in your account.

    At Tradesports, the profit would instantly be in your account once you sold Tampa Bay. I think I'd rather have the profit right now and pay 4% instead of waiting 3 months and paying 2%, but I guess that's just me.

    But I won't bother with the other 11 reasons. When it come to the subject of Tradesports, it's hopeless here.
    Last edited by Art Vandeleigh; 08-07-08 at 04:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-07
    Posts: 442
    Betpoints: 13463

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    I can give you a dozen reasons why Tradesports is overall superior to Matchbook.

    It won't matter however, because people who only bet baseball and need the low 1% vig to survive will never be able to look past Tradesports 4% commission.

    Anyway, I'll give you one reason.

    If you bet a long term market at Matchbook and are able to make a trade for a profit, you must wait until the event is concluded before your profit is able to be used.

    Example. You bet Tampa Bay to win the AL East in April and then sell them for a nice profit in July. You have to wait until the season is over in October before the profit is in your account.

    At Tradesports, the profit would instantly be in your account once you sold Tampa Bay. I think I'd rather have the profit right now and pay 4% instead of waiting 3 months and paying 2%, but I guess that's just me.

    But I won't bother with the other 11 reasons. When it come to the subject of Tradesports, it's hopeless here.

    Thats a reason i will listen to.

    Go ahead and list the other 11 reasons.

    I'm looking to play at Tradebetx, not instead of Matchbook but with both.

  6. #6
    tschmitt87
    tschmitt87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-06
    Posts: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    I can give you a dozen reasons why Tradesports is overall superior to Matchbook.

    It won't matter however, because people who only bet baseball and need the low 1% vig to survive will never be able to look past Tradesports 4% commission.

    Anyway, I'll give you one reason.

    If you bet a long term market at Matchbook and are able to make a trade for a profit, you must wait until the event is concluded before your profit is able to be used.

    Example. You bet Tampa Bay to win the AL East in April and then sell them for a nice profit in July. You have to wait until the season is over in October before the profit is in your account.

    At Tradesports, the profit would instantly be in your account once you sold Tampa Bay. I think I'd rather have the profit right now and pay 4% instead of waiting 3 months and paying 2%, but I guess that's just me.

    But I won't bother with the other 11 reasons. When it come to the subject of Tradesports, it's hopeless here.
    Please oblige me in listing the "other 11" reasons sir. I look forward to it as well.

  7. #7
    Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-06
    Posts: 1,494

    Reason #2

    At Matchbook, it's a requirement that the buyer and seller remain anonymous.

    At Tradesports, no such requirement exists. In fact, there is a chat pit for player's to communicate with one another.

    Yes, a lot of BS-ing goes on there.

    But much more importantly, deals can be made with other traders, and more importantly, with market makers (who you can tell because they are indicated with a circled red M next to their name)

    People who don't use Tradesports and know little about them complain incessantly about lack of liquidity. Get to know the other players and the MMs a little, and I doubt you'll have problems.

    I've struck several deals there this way.

    At Matchbook, you are totally isolated, just the way they want it.

  8. #8
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 12,941
    Betpoints: 277

    Tradesports would be great if there were any liquidity, there is none so it in fact sucks, but give it a try and see, hell half the games they have up have no fukin action at all and most of the rest have just token "joke odds" that no one would ever take anyway

  9. #9
    Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-07
    Posts: 442
    Betpoints: 13463

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    Reason #2

    At Matchbook, it's a requirement that the buyer and seller remain anonymous.

    At Tradesports, no such requirement exists. In fact, there is a chat pit for player's to communicate with one another.

    Yes, a lot of BS-ing goes on there.

    But much more importantly, deals can be made with other traders, and more importantly, with market makers (who you can tell because they are indicated with a circled red M next to their name)

    People who don't use Tradesports and know little about them complain incessantly about lack of liquidity. Get to know the other players and the MMs a little, and I doubt you'll have problems.

    I've struck several deals there this way.

    At Matchbook, you are totally isolated, just the way they want it.

    Thats cool.

    Where are the other 10 reasons?

    I think the main reason I haven't gone there yet is because of the setup.

    As far as I can tell, I can only view 1 game at a time.

    Also does Tradebetx work in Opera or Firefox or only IE?

  10. #10
    Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-05
    Posts: 2,957
    Betpoints: 1551

    It doesn't work (properly, if at all) in Firefox, something I first told them in about 2004 or 2005.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/8/2005


  11. #11
    Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-06
    Posts: 1,494

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Thats cool.

    I think the main reason I haven't gone there yet is because of the setup.

    As far as I can tell, I can only view 1 game at a time.

    Also does Tradebetx work in Opera or Firefox or only IE?

    Sorry Frank, I'm not a Tradesports rep or technical guy, don't have that answer.

    I'm just trying to compare Tradesports to the #1 rated book as voted by SBR players (cough cough choke choke gasp gasp), the mighty Matchbook!!!

    By the way, I do have accounts at both, and split my funds about 50/50 between MB and Tradesports.

    Also, I would suggest you learn how to use binaries (the $10 trading unit) and play at Tradesports, not tradebetx. If you have an account at Tradesports then you automatically have one at tradebetx, no need to fund each of them.


    Anyway, back to our Tradesports vs. Matchbook comparison.


    Reason #3

    As you may have noticed over the last few months in particular, Matchbook has been going down way too often, with bids being flushed several times, and people not knowing what has been matched or not, and silly rules on MBs part like voiding all trades after 4:37 PM or some other BS.

    I've been at Tradesports for 3+ years, open up their site almost everyday, and have never, not even once, seen it down for maintenance, other then their regular daily maintenace, which takes place between 3:00 and 4:00AM EST, which doesn't interfere with US or European sports.

    Tradesports is ultra, almost unbelievably reliable when it comes to being up and working, and working properly.

  12. #12
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 12,941
    Betpoints: 277

    Yep they are always up, the only thing wrong with them is no one on that site bets, other than that it's a great exchange

  13. #13
    Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-05
    Posts: 7,800
    Betpoints: 7870

    Tradersports Software D+
    Matchbook Software A

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/4/2005


  14. #14
    Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-06
    Posts: 1,494

    bettilImbroke, Scorpion, chill guys, you are taking this too personally.

    I could care less about either site.

    I'm just calling 'em like I see, 'em, and use 'em.

    If you don't bet baseball (in the summer anyway), Matchbook is kind of a useless place.

    OK, reasons 4-12, I won't draw this out any longer.

    These are contact specific, so f you don't like these kinds of contracts, oh well

    Again, this is only a Tradesports vs. Matchbook comparison, not Tradesports vs. a regualr book


    4) Tradesports has golf MMs in both PGA and European events. Matchbook's golf is a ghost town, never any serious bids, never any live play MM

    5) NFL alternate pointspreads. I don't mean a game moving off 4.5 to 4 which Matchbook does keep both, I mean alternate lines such as +/- 3.5, +/- 7.5, +/- 10.5 etc. These are amongst the best values at Tradesports.

    6) NHL puck lines at Tradesports. Don't have them at Matchbook.

    7) Totals in college hoops at Tradesports, not MB

    8) More props and more future bets at Tradesports. Much more.

    9) Tradesports accepts personal checks from U.S. banks, no fees. Deposit $1,000, you'll see $1,000 in your account when your check clears. Same on the way out.

    10) At Tradesports every event on the board is open for trading until the event is over. Very few live games at MB, everything else shuts down when the game starts.


    OK, I'm lazy, I'll stop at 10 advantages I feel Tradesports has over MB.

  15. #15
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 12,941
    Betpoints: 277

    How bout some disadvantages of tradesports

    Number 1. NO FUKIN BETTING, YOU COULD HAVE ALL THE LIVE BETTING YOU WANT IF NO ONE BETS WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE

    Number 2. COMMISSIONS ARE THROUGH THE ROOF, 4% C'MON, TRY 1/4 OF THAT AT MB

    Number 3. SOFTWARE LOOKS LIKE A FUKIN MATH PUZZLE, I MEAN SHOULD I HAVE TO GET A FUKIN HEADACHE AND A CALCULATOR OUT JUST TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE ODDS ARE?

  16. #16
    tschmitt87
    tschmitt87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-06
    Posts: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    Reason #2

    At Matchbook, it's a requirement that the buyer and seller remain anonymous.

    At Tradesports, no such requirement exists. In fact, there is a chat pit for player's to communicate with one another.

    Yes, a lot of BS-ing goes on there.

    But much more importantly, deals can be made with other traders, and more importantly, with market makers (who you can tell because they are indicated with a circled red M next to their name)

    People who don't use Tradesports and know little about them complain incessantly about lack of liquidity. Get to know the other players and the MMs a little, and I doubt you'll have problems.

    I've struck several deals there this way.

    At Matchbook, you are totally isolated, just the way they want it.
    Why should I have to "get to know" the other players and MM's when I can just post up my own offers on MB and get a better price than I could I tradesport with twice the amount I want matched. You shouldn't have to be "buddy buddy" with market makers to get things matched at a great price. Why would anybody want to go through that? You cannot seriously advocate an exchange that requires that.

  17. #17
    tschmitt87
    tschmitt87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-06
    Posts: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post

    Reason #3

    As you may have noticed over the last few months in particular, Matchbook has been going down way too often, with bids being flushed several times, and people not knowing what has been matched or not, and silly rules on MBs part like voiding all trades after 4:37 PM or some other BS.

    I've been at Tradesports for 3+ years, open up their site almost everyday, and have never, not even once, seen it down for maintenance, other then their regular daily maintenace, which takes place between 3:00 and 4:00AM EST, which doesn't interfere with US or European sports.

    Tradesports is ultra, almost unbelievably reliable when it comes to being up and working, and working properly.

    What book hasn't had problems like that? Most of all the books out their have problems like that and it just so happens that MB has to "flush out" offers because it isn't fair to the other players if they don't know if their offers were matched. Their an exchange and like any good book treat their players fairly which may include "flushing out" offers. It's part of the industry and things like that can go wrong. Hardly an excuse to not use loose MB lol. Once again you cannot be serious when you back up tradesport in comparison to MB. It's not even close my friend.

  18. #18
    tschmitt87
    tschmitt87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-06
    Posts: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    How bout some disadvantages of tradesports

    Number 1. NO FUKIN BETTING, YOU COULD HAVE ALL THE LIVE BETTING YOU WANT IF NO ONE BETS WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE

    Number 2. COMMISSIONS ARE THROUGH THE ROOF, 4% C'MON, TRY 1/4 OF THAT AT MB

    Number 3. SOFTWARE LOOKS LIKE A FUKIN MATH PUZZLE, I MEAN SHOULD I HAVE TO GET A FUKIN HEADACHE AND A CALCULATOR OUT JUST TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE ODDS ARE?
    This completely sums up why MB is superior to tradesports. If no one will match offers than how can you bet? They take 4% commish and MB only takes 2% (1% for MLB) which cannot be beat. Plus you get the best possible odds for US players their and don't have to throw out some ridiculous odds just to get it matched. The security at MB is far superior because the amount of VOLUME they have their is hands down superior than tradesport. The pluses completely out way tradesport and you would have to be stubborn, ignorant, and not using the full capacity of your brain to say otherwise. But it's your choice and I respect that. Best of Luck to you with your choice of tradesports.

  19. #19
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,281
    Betpoints: 3166

    Tradesports software is superior to Matchbook

    Tradesports has all the events as live trading as Matchbook does not

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  20. #20
    tschmitt87
    tschmitt87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-06
    Posts: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tradesports software is superior to Matchbook

    Tradesports has all the events as live trading as Matchbook does not
    Doesnt matter if they have live events or not JJ if you cannot get them matched. Pretty simple logic. I agree with you the option is there but doesnt make them better than MB if you cannot even get high volume offers matched. MB hands down.

  21. #21
    Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-06
    Posts: 1,494

    Lol, I just went to the Tradesports chat room, only to find that it had disappeared!

    In their "Exchange News" section, however, they had the following notice:


    IMPORTANT: Trading Chat Room
    Thursday, Aug 7, 2008


    In anticipation of a new, more integrated community offering, the Trading Chat room currently available on Tradesports will be closed at 5:00pm GMT on Thursday, August 7th.

    We hope to announce the details of our new community features very soon.


    So if anyone went looking for a chat room and couldn't find it, there's your answer.
    Looks like it will be even better then before, woo hoo!

  22. #22
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 12,941
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tradesports software is superior to Matchbook

    Tradesports has all the events as live trading as Matchbook does not
    Tradesports has spent much more time and money on their software, what they designed is something unbelievably complicated for what should be something very simple (placing a bet at some easy to figure out payout). You don't need all this complicated shit just to place a fukin bet.

    Also tradesports live betting is a joke, flat out A FUKIN JOKE, live betting only works if your site has significant volume to support it, which tradesports unfortunately does not

    JJ are you seriously saying if you had a choice between removing matchbook from your list of outs or removing tradesports you would hang on to tradesports?

  23. #23
    Red_Sux
    Red_Sux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-25-07
    Posts: 1,262

    tradesports is pretty good. it is my first book, and still have it. so far i traded over 34k contracts there. it is pretty good because you can trade while the game is going on. but the pregame odds are far worse than most books...i use it to buy financial contracts. now they have intrade, i don't really use tradesports that much.

  24. #24
    Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-07
    Posts: 442
    Betpoints: 13463

    How many soccer leagues does Tradesports have?

    England Premier, Italy Serie A, Spain La Liga, Germany Bundesliga are the only 4 I remember Matchbook having.

    If Tradesports has more i will be there as american books who offer soccer really bend you over with the odds.

  25. #25
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,281
    Betpoints: 3166

    Bottom line is exchanges just never took off, it only appeals to 20% of sports bettors, volume has never gone up year to year at any of these places and in some cases have gone down. Americans like traditional betting period! If you like this type of trading have both.

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  26. #26
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 12,941
    Betpoints: 277

    I agree with having both, in fairness to tradesports I'm not sure why they aren't rated at least a B. I've never heard of any payout complaints on them, but if it came down to MB or tradesports, it would take me about two secs to tell tradesports adios

  27. #27
    Red_Sux
    Red_Sux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-25-07
    Posts: 1,262

    i think you guys are missing the point. you do not go to tradesports because you want to bet a game and wait the game is over to cash in. it is not a bookie, it is a trading platform. most people on this forum are recreational gamblers, so there is no reason to use tradesports because it is more complicated and the odds are not as good as most of the books out there. plus there is no bonus, so if you just want to bet games and props, go open an account at 5dimes.

    tradesports is mainly for trading,

  28. #28
    tschmitt87
    tschmitt87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-14-06
    Posts: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bottom line is exchanges just never took off, it only appeals to 20% of sports bettors, volume has never gone up year to year at any of these places and in some cases have gone down. Americans like traditional betting period! If you like this type of trading have both.

    Lol JJ completely FALSE! 20%!!!!??? Please give me a FACT that supports this. I'll give you one sir. If it only apeals to 20% of the bettors than how in the hell is it the number 1 book right now on SBR Posters Poll for August? Since SBR is mostly made up of "sports bettors" how the hell is it that they are number 1 right now? They appeal to a lot more than your pathetic number of 20%. Give me a break. Your wrong. Period. Get over it. Your acting like a little kid and your a grown ass man. Unreal. Best of Luck to you.

Top