Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    majority of users at matchbook are only scalpers that is why they book will never be any good and never have any serious volume

When a book does not grown in 5 years something is very wrong
    I can barely see your bald head sticking out of the sand.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

stats do not lie

matchbook has never grown

Its not a books for guys betting $50's and that is why volume is horrific

It does not attract regular players and never ever will

usa bettors are not into that type of betting
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Winner_13

jjgold

Betfair by the time the Okl City game is over will take approx $600,000 in action

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Why doesn't Betfair take Americans?

jjgold

No Euro or Aussie Books take Americans because they run legal shops regulated by a strict Financial Service Authority ands sports betting is highly illegal in USA

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1030

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Because the U.S. government has a record of throwing foreign national executives of companies that allow Americans to gamble in jail, freezing U.S. based bank accounts, etc.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

No Euro or Aussie Books take Americans because they run legal shops regulated by a strict Financial Service Authority ands sports betting is highly illegal in USA
    Wrong again!
    There are several UK and Aussie books which will take Americans

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

To all you so called big talkers.. sorry, i mean sharps... why not go test my theory now and see if it works. if you get great #'s at matchy all the time,then lets see what you do here..

currently, Pinny has LAL ml -140. currently, matchy has BOS +140 for up to 25,000$ to bet and you can easily get BOS +141. it will get matched in 1 second. so what do you do.. if you bet BOS +140 at matchy, you'd beat the pinny # by a long shot.

so go do it and then lets see what pinny closes at.. 95% chance i will be right and if you take the good # now at matchy at BOS +140, it will close at BOS +146 soon and you'll get fukked and pinny will move from -140 to -149.

go try it now and you'll see i'm right. nicky santoro knows his shit.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Wrong again!
    There are several UK and Aussie books which will take Americans

They are not legal ones in UK though, no respected shop like William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy, Bet365, Chandler, Betfair, sportingbet, canbet take Americans

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    because Betfair will not permit their clients to break the laws of the country they are in
    don't blame Betfair, this is down to Uncle Sam
    Betfair will do everything possible to keep its nose clean as it is wants to obtain licenses to operate in new jurisdictions and the US is a high priority ... so allowing Americans to break the laws of the Land of the Free would severely hinder their chance of gaining approval from Uncle Sam.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    To all you so called big talkers.. sorry, i mean sharps... why not go test my theory now and see if it works. if you get great #'s at matchy all the time,then lets see what you do here..

currently, Pinny has LAL ml -140. currently, matchy has BOS +140 for up to 25,000$ to bet and you can easily get BOS +141. it will get matched in 1 second. so what do you do.. if you bet BOS +140 at matchy, you'd beat the pinny # by a long shot.

so go do it and then lets see what pinny closes at.. 95% chance i will be right and if you take the good # now at matchy at BOS +140, it will close at BOS +146 soon and you'll get fukked and pinny will move from -140 to -149.

Nicky, since Pinnacle is not offered to US players, what is the best book to use for reduced juice/best number?

jjgold

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Nicky, since Pinnacle is not offered to US players, what is the best book to use for reduced juice/best number?
    sorry buddy, but you have to understand.. as much as i'd love to tell you, I CAN'T.. because if i am playing with 2 good books that have good prices and i tell where they are, then maybe those prices will no longer be available and you'll end up taking those games and moving the line and not allow me to get that bet in because of you..

in this business, it's everyone for themselves. by me giving you the books i play at, you could be taking food off my table. hope you understand.

Btw, funny how no one has yet told me what they'd do right now.. i guess they are all waiting to see what happens then come in here and say they did so and so.. if you boys really beat the pinny closer 90% of the time at matchy, then tell me what you did with this BOS +140 at matchy and Pinny -140, which is now -143.

everyone is a big talker here. everyone here beats pinny's closer all the time.lol..

jjgold

Nicky for non usa players pinnacle is much much better

tons of deposit and withdrawal options and no issue of getting a bet down instantly at low juice

its worth the 1 cent difference

also who runs matchbook??

No one knows

For usa players scalping matchbook is fine but that is about it

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicky for non usa players pinnacle is much much better

tons of deposit and withdrawal options and no issue of getting a bet down instantly at low juice

its worth the 1 cent difference

also who runs matchbook??

No one knows

For usa players scalping matchbook is fine but that is about it
    so where should USA Players go? if you don't wanna pay -110?

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    with respect, fishhead, the focus of this thread (see original post) is supposed to be ncaab.

everyone agrees with what you say here bout super bowl and other busy markets- no need for the bold font
    If you want to keep the focus solely on CBB, than why didn't you address this type of post to jjgold as well? JJ erroneously claimed that MB does not have enough volume for anyone who bets more than $500 a game, and he is not talking about CBB. What he is saying is so flat out wrong that I have to assume it is intentional misinformation. You can bet several thousand a game even on NHL.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I'd say you are stuck with 5Dimes for reduced college, you can get reduced NBA at phoenix but they take weeks to pay and don't transfer with anybody decent. Not much else out there.

I signed up with BP and chose the reduced juice lines in lieu of a bonus. Then they moved me off of the reduced juice lines for "sharp action" a mere couple of weeks later.

Then they stole $3K from me.

I wouldn't really reccomend BP's reduced juice lines to anyone who knows how to win at sportsbetting. They will just remove you from getting reduced juice.

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    do you play ncaab?
    this year has been terrible so far for getting reasonable offers accepted or for finding reasonable ones to accept. It changed drastically when they changed to commission method and it seems to be worse this year than the first year after that change.

sometimes for just about all the games it seems like the only ones looking at cbb are me and the one and only market maker with offers worse than -110 -110 ( and accepting -110 means you are playing at about -112)

( this post is only about ncaab, which is what the OP started this thread about )
    Yes, CBB is all I was referring to with my original post, yet everyone's response seems to be that I need to get other outs (which I have), its a good out for other sports (which I never disagreed with nor is relevant to my point in this thread), or that I'm scared shitless to make offers. I still haven't seen anyone say there's decent liquidity in the CBB market (except that there will be come March) or that they get better than WA CBB lines (not sure if Chuck Sims was referring to CBB). I was just commenting about one particular aspect of MB but people seem to get defensive, pointing out all these other good things about the exchange and I get accused of "bashing" MB. Personally, I like to read threads about various aspects of books and think ppl should be able to post these thoughts w/o others extrapolating and attributing other conclusions to them. Granted, I guess I could have titled the thread "Matchbook's CBB liquidity" or something like that to be more specific...maybe that was my bad? Are people afraid threads like these will chase away their portion of the food chain? Seems like any discussion in here devolves into some form of "you don't know what you're doing, i make more money at betting than you, you're a dumbass" argument.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

sorry buddy, but you have to understand.. as much as i'd love to tell you, I CAN'T.. because if i am playing with 2 good books that have good prices and i tell where they are, then maybe those prices will no longer be available and you'll end up taking those games and moving the line and not allow me to get that bet in because of you..

in this business, it's everyone for themselves. by me giving you the books i play at, you could be taking food off my table. hope you understand.

Btw, funny how no one has yet told me what they'd do right now.. i guess they are all waiting to see what happens then come in here and say they did so and so.. if you boys really beat the pinny closer 90% of the time at matchy, then tell me what you did with this BOS +140 at matchy and Pinny -140, which is now -143.

everyone is a big talker here. everyone here beats pinny's closer all the time.lol..
    Late money on Lakers would be an obvious assumption to make. Make your play accordingly.

Hareeba!

They are not legal ones in UK though, no respected shop like William Hill, Ladbrokes, Paddy, Bet365, Chandler, Betfair, sportingbet, canbet take Americans
    yes, sorry, that was meant to be "Euro and Aussie" (as per your original post)

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
    Yes, CBB is all I was referring to with my original post, yet everyone's response seems to be that I need to get other outs (which I have), its a good out for other sports (which I never disagreed with nor is relevant to my point in this thread), or that I'm scared shitless to make offers. I still haven't seen anyone say there's decent liquidity in the CBB market (except that there will be come March) or that they get better than WA CBB lines (not sure if Chuck Sims was referring to CBB). I was just commenting about one particular aspect of MB but people seem to get defensive, pointing out all these other good things about the exchange and I get accused of "bashing" MB. Personally, I like to read threads about various aspects of books and think ppl should be able to post these thoughts w/o others extrapolating and attributing other conclusions to them. Granted, I guess I could have titled the thread "Matchbook's CBB liquidity" or something like that to be more specific...maybe that was my bad? Are people afraid threads like these will chase away their portion of the food chain? Seems like any discussion in here devolves into some form of "you don't know what you're doing, i make more money at betting than you, you're a dumbass" argument.
    I am one of the people who accused you of looking to bash MB. Here's from your OP:

Are there any other regular, reduced juice options for CBB sides that can take a couple dimes? Seems like you have to lay -110 if you want to play at this level.
    We took the time to explain to you how to avoid paying -110 "at this level", but all you wanted to talk about was how MB sucked. And now you claim you already have other outs and are a savvy gambler... Gee whiz, then how come you said and asked what I just quoted???

It's clear you have an agenda and want to bash MB. For some bizarre reason, instead of just flat out bashing MB, like someone like jjgold would do, you instead tried to pretend you were asking an innocent question. That's why people bashed you. Stop pretending you are asking for help, which I tried to provide before realizing your real agenda, and just come straight out and bash MB.

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    Late money on Lakers would be an obvious assumption to make. Make your play accordingly.
    sorry charlie, but this don't count. i knew posters would be quiet until the move occurs then come in here and say it..

anywys boys, i am right again as usual.. i come in here and try to help you losers and all you do is just argue, but if you'd listen to me more often, you'd save a ton. Just like i called it.. Pinny was -140, closed at -149, EXACTLY what i said.. matchy was begging you to take +138 (after commish) and now matchy has BOS +144..It was a great # 1.5 hrs ago, but not anymore. i knew this. i am ahead of them.

i bet 95% of you all jumped on the BOS +138, 1 hr ago thinking you had a great price. lol. i told you boys, dont fukk with matchy, they're tough to beat.. stop pretending to be so sharp. that's why no one told me what they did till after the lines moved.

here is my bet at pinny 14 secs after i posted here they were -140. check time.. boys, listen to me more often.. i know gambling.. i have a feel for this stuff.

192835929-1
    1 11:23am 30-Jan-11 12:35pm 30-Jan-11 Basketball
    Money Line Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Lakers for Game. -140 xxxxx xxxxx

parlayin

Hmm...you quote that from my original post to show that all I wanted to talk about was how MB sucked? I asked if there are other options b/c my experience has not shown liquid markets even on TV games. I thought some others also popped into say this year has been tough to get offers matched in CBB, not that MB sucks.

I have other outs but they're -110 after my -105 local shut off my CBB lines recently. And I have 5 Dimes, which is only reduced up to a nickel, as you know. That's why I was asking if there are other reduced juice options that can take over $500.

I don't have any reason to "bash" MB...not sure why you seem to think that.

jonny
    jonny's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I suggest you re-read those number Jonny.
    big difference between +109 and -109
    I suggest you re-read this:

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    if +109 is available, that means offer for himself is -109. his post made sense to me.

KGambler

Hmm...you quote that from my original post to show that all I wanted to talk about was how MB sucked? I asked if there are other options b/c my experience has not shown liquid markets even on TV games. I thought some others also popped into say this year has been tough to get offers matched in CBB, not that MB sucks.

I have other outs but they're -110 after my -105 local shut off my CBB lines recently. And I have 5 Dimes, which is only reduced up to a nickel, as you know. That's why I was asking if there are other reduced juice options that can take over $500.

I don't have any reason to "bash" MB...not sure why you seem to think that.
    No, the quote was to show you were pretending to want to talk about other outs and that you were pretending to be dumb enough to think you couldn't get better than -110 lines. Later you claimed you have other outs. Later you showed you don't want to talk about how to get down for better than -110 (which is easy as hell, even at Matchbook - the real issue for CBB is beating Pinny, not the -110 shops).

You claimed you are looking to bet $3K a game but can't do it at MB due to poor liquidity. Then you said you deposited $2K at MB And you ran this measly $2K up to a few grand... So your question is a laughable one on many levels. It is not hard to get better than -110 in CBB, even at MB. You don't have enough money at MB to bet $3K a game anyway... You now claim that we wasted your time talking about other outs, because you already have those... So why the fake questions?

You are a liar. You wanted to bash MB.

KGambler

sorry charlie, but this don't count. i knew posters would be quiet until the move occurs then come in here and say it..

anywys boys, i am right again as usual.. i come in here and try to help you losers and all you do is just argue, but if you'd listen to me more often, you'd save a ton. Just like i called it.. Pinny was -140, closed at -149, EXACTLY what i said.. matchy was begging you to take +138 (after commish) and now matchy has BOS +144..It was a great # 1.5 hrs ago, but not anymore. i knew this. i am ahead of them.

i bet 95% of you all jumped on the BOS +138, 1 hr ago thinking you had a great price. lol. i told you boys, dont fukk with matchy, they're tough to beat.. stop pretending to be so sharp. that's why no one told me what they did till after the lines moved.

here is my bet at pinny 14 secs after i posted here they were -140. check time.. boys, listen to me more often.. i know gambling.. i have a feel for this stuff.

192835929-1
    1 11:23am 30-Jan-11 12:35pm 30-Jan-11 Basketball
    Money Line Boston Celtics vs Los Angeles Lakers for Game. -140 xxxxx xxxxx
    Nicky, I remember the thread "which lines are sharper - MB or Pinny?". I remember you saying this same thing there, and I remember being one of the only people backing you up. I do agree with what you are saying, but you are totally exagerrating the frequency of how often this happens. If you get beat by the Pinny closing line on 85% of your accepted offers, than you must be the worst handicapper to ever live. There is no way that is accurate.

parlayin

KGambler, I'm not interested in engaging in a point-by-point discussion to prove the truth of each of my statements and show my questions weren't "fake." There was good discourse in this thread and some knowledgeable posters chimed in, including yourself...no need to carry out a pointless debate. I'll probably end up PM'ing you in the future with related questions and hopefully we can be civil. Cheers man.

jonny
    jonny's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden goose

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1030

Yes, CBB is all I was referring to with my original post, yet everyone's response seems to be...that I'm scared shitless to make offers.
    I'll say this as someone who bets CBB at MB. You don't know what the liquidity is unless you make offers. It often happens that Pinny has -105 on a CBB game, the market-maker hangs a dead -109 on both sides. I could look at it and sniff, "No liquidity--CBB sucks at MB." Instead I put in an offer at +100, and it gets matched often enough to save me a ton of juice.

I'm sorry if anybody insulted you about making offers, and yes they have to be monitored, and yes some will go unmatched. But if you give yourself a ten minute window you might be surprised by how much invisible liquidity there is in the MB CBB market.

KGambler

KGambler, I'm not interested in engaging in a point-by-point discussion to prove the truth of each of my statements and show my questions weren't "fake." There was good discourse in this thread and some knowledgeable posters chimed in, including yourself...no need to carry out a pointless debate. I'll probably end up PM'ing you in the future with related questions and hopefully we can be civil. Cheers man.
    I apologize for calling you a liar. I still think you had a bone to pick about MB. I know from experience the lack of liquidity there for CBB can be frustrating

Feel free to PM me. I will try to help if I can. Good luck

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    I'll say this as someone who bets CBB at MB. You don't know what the liquidity is unless you make offers. It often happens that Pinny has -105 on a CBB game, the market-maker hangs a dead -109 on both sides. I could look at it and sniff, "No liquidity--CBB sucks at MB." Instead I put in an offer at +100, and it gets matched often enough to save me a ton of juice.

I'm sorry if anybody insulted you about making offers, and yes they have to be monitored, and yes some will go unmatched. But if you give yourself a ten minute window you might be surprised by how much invisible liquidity there is in the MB CBB market.
    I agree with this. This is my experience as well. I am not saying they have good liquidity there for CBB - they don't. I am just saying that for many games I manage to get down there at a line much better than Pinny's.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Why are people still arguing about Match its just a waist of breath and time, as i know some people have there own opinions about everything but if you complain about Match then you just look really stupid because you don't know what they really have to offer then and how lucrative this book is. Honestly this should be your main point and then you branch off from there with your other books.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

paying -110 is the worst and i never want to have to do that again
    thats why matchbook is so important

jjgold

Take NFL away and matchbook is not even in operation

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can u enter matchbook?

it works now...
    Last edited by the sink; 01-31-11 at 05:56 AM.

First 1234 Last