bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1030

G-ld-p*y Hacked?

Anybody else get this when they try to log onto GP?

bookie

Here's the Googlel explanation accompanying the warning:

Help me understand
    When you connect to a secure website, the server hosting that site presents your browser with something called a "certificate" to verify its identity. This certificate contains identity information, such as the address of the website, which is verified by a third party that your computer trusts. By checking that the address in the certificate matches the address of the website, it is possible to verify that you are securely communicating with the website you intended, and not a third party (such as an attacker on your network).

For a certificate which has not expired, the issuer of that certificate is responsible for maintaining something called a "revocation list". If a certificate is ever compromised, the issuer can revoke it by adding it to the revocation list, and then this certificate will no longer be trusted by your browser. Revocation status is not required to be maintained for expired certificates, so while this certificate used to be valid for the website you're visiting, at this point it is not possible to determine whether the certificate was compromised and subsequently revoked, or whether it remains secure. As such it is impossible to tell whether you're communicating with the legitimate web site, or whether the certificate was compromised and is now in the possession of an attacker with whom you are communicating. You should not proceed past this point.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

The same thing happened at parlaymakers last week. They sorted it out after a few hours.

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The same thing happened at parlaymakers last week. They sorted it out after a few hours.
    Thanks Optional...that's good to hear.

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13372

They need to renew their security certificate.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Real professional.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Real professional.
    I missed a 10 unit win because if it this time... *sigh*

hockeyhy
    [color=rgb(0, 255, 255)][Too Long][/color]
    hockeyhy's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldn't put too much weight into this, this happens to alot of sites

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

^^ Only a lot of low level sites that will be gone in 5 years or less.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

This says a LOT about the company. If you cannot keep a site cert up to date--what else are you screwing up? This is beyond trivial and takes no more than 5 mins to update.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are prob having alot of security issues along with GP, hope this all gets straightened out.

Are they being hacked?

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I missed a 10 unit win because if it this time... *sigh*
    Why did you miss out on a win? Where you afraid to proceed without a valid security certificate?

bookie

Quote Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
    Why did you miss out on a win? Where you afraid to proceed without a valid security certificate?
    I am. Never can tell what you'll be getting into. Would you say it's safe too click right through?

Optional

In this case yes. Because it involves login details and money.

We are only assuming it's simply an expired certificate. Could also be someone hijacking the domain somehow.

elgreco

Better safe than sorry I guess. I have seen that warning in the past on various legitimate sites, including BkofAma. I never thought much of it before, but since GP appears shady as it is without a security warning, I could see myself being concerned if I got one.

elgreco

Wow, I actually spelled out the name of BkofAma and SBR instantly turned it into what you see above.

Optional

Better safe than sorry I guess. I have seen that warning in the past on various legitimate sites, including BkofAma. I never thought much of it before, but since GP appears shady as it is without a security warning, I could see myself being concerned if I got one.
    You're probably right that it's just an unpaid SSL certificate bill. And I usually ignore those sort of warnings too. But I think since upgrading to Win7 recently, the "user friendly" warnings that tell you very little about the specifics but have paragraphs about potential dangers are begining to brainwash me into not thinking for myself.

bookie

It's still up.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Never dealt with GP but I've received this message many times logging into different books over the years, including Pinnacle..

jonny
    jonny's Avatar Become A Pro!

*** has had the same thing for months.