Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wagerchief US/Canada Only?

Is this a new rule? Or other players grandfathered in? What happens if you are not from US/Canada and overlook this bit of fine print? They rob you?

Seems shady. I'm a bit worried now. Will using a foreign IP be a reason for them to steal from me?

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

that site sucks anyways just play at a reputable book.

JohnnyC
    JohnnyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 597

Quote Originally Posted by Lint Pockets View Post
    that site sucks anyways just play at a reputable book.
    +1

A+ books only for me

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my experience - with BetMania (part of the same group, so it's likely the same, though not guaranteed) - they will simply move your account over to the book in the brand that they've decided will take action from your jurisdiction. I was moved from Mania to Phoenix. I was invited to play out my funds at Mania first, so no stealing.

Thremp

So... If you try to signup and deposit at Wagerchief and live in Zaire (or is it Congo now?), you'll be moved over to BetPhoenix?

Why wouldn't they just fix their software instead of appearing so shady? Hopefully they don't steal deposits. Seems like just laziness with this group as they are rife with incompetence so deep it appears to be malfeasance.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a semi-active account with Chief and have not had a problem lately. It even showed up in the sbr newsreel last year that they "now take european action" or whatever. Surprised to see that it now says "USA and canada" or whatever now on the signup page. But I dont think they really care. I was on live chat with them earlier this month to update address details and my address was obviously outside those countries.

You never know if they are gonna **** you though. Back in 09 they were fine taking my action for a few months, then close me down because I was not from the correct country (according to them!), then later they accepted me again (as shown in the sbr news feed)... and now we are in a bit of a limbo.

Edit: No such message on the skybook or sports-1 registration page.
    Last edited by Chopsticks; 01-27-11 at 11:52 AM.

Wagerchief
    Wagerchief's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Thremp!

Thanks for reading the rules , if you are from outside US and Canada and deposit by mistake the money will be refunded to your account .

How is this shady??... I dont know but I will def look into it . I think more shady would be not to have the rule up dont you think?

I am not sure calling a book shady for posting rules on their site is a common practice but all feedback is good feddback.

Thanks!

THE CHIEF

Thremp

You allow signups from other countries and deposits. What if someone signsup/deposits/wins? What if they lose?

From the sound of it, you're freerolling winners.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

WagerChief isn't trying to cheat anyone. They would close the account and pay or transfer the player over to BP.

Chopsticks

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    WagerChief isn't trying to cheat anyone. They would close the account and pay or transfer the player over to BP.
    BP has the same rule.

Thremp

And the plot thickens...

Chopsticks

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    And the plot thickens...
    I went to live chat and a "Drew" said:

---
    Drew: It seems you have had an account with us for some time. As this is the case, you should not worry. Pre-existing non North American territory players are already in the system and have remained so for a reason. Your account is fine, so far as I can tell.
    ---

So looks like you are ok if you can still log in to your account. Of course he added the "so far as I can tell" in the end there, but I don't think one should read too much in to that.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

"Promotions valid only for clients in the Americas or where authorized per account basis."

That's the only relevant language I can find in any of their T&Cs. Where are you seeing that they don't allow any accounts outside of USA/Canada?

Thremp

When you attempt to sign up.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Wagerchief started to accept customers from out of USA/CAN nearly 5-6 months ago. Obviously there is a rule change again. Undecided book

Thremp

So... Are older players grandfathered in? Will they be migrated to BP?

Whats the story?

If BP has similar language, wtf?

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tons of off-shore books accept customer from europa but they don't offer europan basketball, europan hockey bets (betjamaica,sportsbetting,betonline,cari bsports)
    By the way some of books don't accept customers from Europa nevertheless offering europan basketball,hockey etc. markets. For example Wagerchief, Betmania...just wondering, do the Philadelphia of people take a bet for CSKA Moscow-Efes Pilsen euroleague match ?