ericmangin
    ericmangin's Avatar Become A Pro!

proxy

don't know if this is to be discussed on the forum but does anybody know anything about reliable proxy's...

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by ericmangin View Post
    don't know if this is to be discussed on the forum but does anybody know anything about reliable proxy's...
    They suck i would go with vpn from what i hear but i haven't tryed it just from what i read, i dont know how reliable they are.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

i have had good luck with proxybonanza, its $6 a month and i use it to get around web filters at work.
    works great have had no problems with it

vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 619

Find a VPN where you can pick country of outgoing IP address - there are lots of them out there. Make sure country and region matches your physical address (roughly).

Safe, secure, and about 100 bucks a year. Public proxies can be a nightmare, they are not secure, host can see all usernames and PW's that travel over proxy.

ericmangin

i guess what i was looking for somebody that lives in vegas...

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

there are people here from vagas that could help you with that...

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by maxvalue1 View Post
    How can u do this?? PM me if need be

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think SBR unofficially supports thieving from players who use a proxy.

Trucker George
    Trucker George's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    Find a VPN where you can pick country of outgoing IP address - there are lots of them out there. Make sure country and region matches your physical address (roughly).

Safe, secure, and about 100 bucks a year. Public proxies can be a nightmare, they are not secure, host can see all usernames and PW's that travel over proxy.
    A VPN is of course better than a public proxy but your usernames and passwords can still be seen by the VPN host (or anyone else listening on the wire between the VPN and whatever site you are logging into) unless you're connecting via https, which creates an end-to-end enrcrypted connection from your computer to your destination site.

-- = unencrypted
    ## = encrypted

VPN:
    your computer ####### VPN ---------- book

VPN and https:
    your computer ####### VPN ####### book

https:
    your computer ############## book

The thing I don't like about using a commercial VPN service is that your IP address is shared with hundreds of other people and I don't want some other bettor using the same IP address as me with the same book. It has the potential to look like fraud from the book's perspective.

The best solution I've found is to instead get a virtual private server (VPS) and then use a secure shell (ssh) to place bets. The VPS guarantees that I am the only one who will have that IP address and the ssh connection is the same encryption as what you get with the VPN. Of course, if you wanted, you could set up your own VPN on the VPS but that is another step, an unnecessary step, for my needs.

Of course, even using your own private VPS doesn't protect your from someone at the VPS host (or down the line) from seeing your passwords as they exit the VPS and go to your books. That problems remains, unless as mentioned, you've got a https connection.

My motivation for setting this type of thing up is that I use a mobile broadband modem on my laptop and every time I log on to my ISP I get a new IP address. Everytime I log off that IP address goes in to a pool and some other dude gets it. Again, this is is the shared IP address problem. That's no good for online gambling this way (using a VPS) I have my own permanent IP address and everything between my browser and the VPS host is encrypted. Once the data exits the VPS and hits the open internet, you just have to hope no one is listening in. Well, that is, hope no one besides the US domestic spy interception groups, who are tapped into everything -- they are of course sniffing all your data -- but at this point we are now in a state of deep paranoia and I say this as I put on my tinfoil hat (which protects me against mind control radio waves).

ericmangin

Quote Originally Posted by maxvalue1 View Post
    well than where are the people from vegas who can help me place bets when i am not there ?