sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetOnline discontinues loyalty program

With no warning the loyalty points program has been discontinued apparently as of 1/17/11 since that was the last time I received any points.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

it looks like it is still working when i just logged in.

sharpcat

Nope I went on live chat and spoke with Ferrari. He says it was cancelled due to a decision by upper management.

Check your point history I have not received any points since 1/17/11.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

On an individual basis, or cancelled for all accounts?

sharpcat

To the best of my knowledge all accounts.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

When "upper management" at BOL starts making decisions, its never time for happiness. I think the reduced juice grandfathered folks didn't get points anyway, but it was certainly a nice perk for those that went full juice.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

this is blasphemous

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Nope I went on live chat and spoke with Ferrari. He says it was cancelled due to a decision by upper management.

Check your point history I have not received any points since 1/17/11.
    Ferrari is a she.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

I was never impressed by their loyalty point system anyways. I do remember checking once and there were two options for redeeming points and the next time I checked the only option was Free Plays. Someone needs to explain to BO that Free Plays and Cash are not the same thing even though they try to pass them off as such.

sharpcat

I just do not understand this BetOnline gives out less incentives than Bookmaker and the Greek, they offer far less betting options, release lines long after, and due to their history with BetOnSports and the flat out thievery of players funds they still have yet to prove that they are a safe book.

What makes BOL think that players have any reason to play their highly juiced lines without offering any incentives?

6 Months ago I loved this book but now they never offer any opinionated lines and do not offer any worthwhile player incentives. If I wanted to bet at Bookmaker I would deposit with Bookmaker and receive bet points, first crack at opening lines, and financial security. If I wanted to bet with the Greek I would deposit with the Greek and have financial security and a wide variety of betting options and opening lines with a full board of NCAA totals. Most importantly these 2 books will not collar your betting limits if you win too much like BOL has been doing to players recently.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    I just do not understand this BetOnline gives out less incentives than Bookmaker and the Greek, they offer far less betting options, release lines long after, and due to their history with BetOnSports and the flat out thievery of players funds they still have yet to prove that they are a safe book.

What makes BOL think that players have any reason to play their highly juiced lines without offering any incentives?

6 Months ago I loved this book but now they never offer any opinionated lines and do not offer any worthwhile player incentives. If I wanted to bet at Bookmaker I would deposit with Bookmaker and receive bet points, first crack at opening lines, and financial security. If I wanted to bet with the Greek I would deposit with the Greek and have financial security and a wide variety of betting options and opening lines with a full board of NCAA totals. Most importantly these 2 books will not collar your betting limits if you win too much like BOL has been doing to players recently.
    nice write up.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

reward program ISNT gone forever.. its temporarily down according to live chat

"Jay: We do not have an exact time frame of when it will be back but the program will return soon."

Also they will offer to buy your points off of u and convert it to freeplay if u ask.. I believe every 500 pts = $1 freeplay.. Not much.. BUT better than completely dead.

-stash

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

whether this is temporary or permanent, it is NOT right for them to stop adding points for wagers without telling their customers! i have wagered a fair amount their in the last 2 days and part of the reason is the loyalty program!

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they would reduce juice ncaab they would get some play!! lol but for sure the opinions on the lines went the way of clones

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    whether this is temporary or permanent, it is NOT right for them to stop adding points for wagers without telling their customers! i have wagered a fair amount their in the last 2 days and part of the reason is the loyalty program!
    I agree I had no clue until someone posted in another thread many of the wagers I place with BOL are because of the loyalty program, I will many times use this as my deciding factor in which book to place my wager with.

A little heads up would have been appreciated!!! I placed several wagers here over the last 2 days that I surely would have placed elsewhere if not for the loyalty program and did not receive any points.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

i just redeemed 200,000 pts for a 1k freeplay 5 minutes ago

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    i just redeemed 200,000 pts for a 1k freeplay 5 minutes ago
    Thats great!

Have you earned any loyalty points in the last 2 days?

They "discontinued" the program meaning you will no longer receive points as of yesterday. I don't think anybody mentioned anything of them not honoring points already earned.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

it appears you are correct, but still an important point as many books have discontinued their programs only to also steal all the points players had already earned or make them exchange them under much less favorable terms.

kind of a shame, they should just kick certain people out

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    it appears you are correct, but still an important point as many books have discontinued their programs only to also steal all the points players had already earned or make them exchange them under much less favorable terms.

kind of a shame, they should just kick certain people out
    I was debating on whether I should cash mine out or wait and hope that they continue the program, the $1,000 freeplay is a much better deal than the other options and I am not far from it at this point.

Nice to know they at least had the decency to not steal players earned points.

Does anybody know if BOL has recently fallen under new management? I am not liking the direction they are headed.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    reward program ISNT gone forever.. its temporarily down according to live chat

"Jay: We do not have an exact time frame of when it will be back but the program will return soon."
    Things tighten up after football. They loosen up before football. The way the cookie crumbles.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Things tighten up after football. They loosen up before football. The way the cookie crumbles.
    what happened to my loyalty points? my last few wagers have not credited me the points yet.............
    Jay: The loyalty program is not being offered at this moment this is the reason why you are not seen it.
    dan: what?
    dan: how was i suppsoed to know this?
    Jay: This was done a few days ago.
    dan: did i get an email? was it annpunced on the website?
    dan: or is this just a secret
    Jay: This was not e-mailed but it will be announced on the website later on the week.
    dan: will i be getting points for wagers placed before the announcement? like i assumed i was getting points for my wagers placed...............
    Jay: Unfortunately the wagers stopped receiving points.
    dan: that sounds fair. no longer give points and dont tell anybody your doing this. customers should certainly not be told that info. its none of their business
    Jay: Yes, unfortunately the wagers are not getting any points.
    dan: lol
    Points Awarded:

VTranX gave bubba 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's unacceptable not not give any warning to it's players. It's ironic that their loyalty program now will bring about an incredible amount of disloyalty and resentment from their clients. Even if it was a necessary business decision, it was handled extremely poorly.

VTranX

what do you guys think...sbr reporting material? a book that takes a loyaly down without notice is good for a small report to sbr especially when its on the recommended list.
    Last edited by VTranX; 01-21-11 at 02:59 AM.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Definitely should have given everyone a bit of notice. This is not the correct way to operate a business.

BetOnline
    BetOnline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7835

The road to becoming an A+ book is fraught with many difficult decisions... this wasn't one of them.

The player points program was a remnant of former management; just took us time to get to it. I hope to launch a new one by next football season; cause we like them in theory--this version was generally not well liked by players, as you can see in this thread, and poorly executed on the tech side, severely limiting how we could use it/change it to make it more interesting.

You have till Super Bowl to redeem existing points, so no point stealing here. If you still feel hard done by, Bubba, Sharpcat, ping me AS USUAL (with your account number) and we'll chat.

Incentives? If you're not on low-juice with us, you are eligible for the most generous deposit bonuses in the legit industry--who else gives up to $900? No one. Either way, you'll find it hard to match our wagering limits. But the key thing is: your money's always safe here and, as you all well know, WE PAY.

Cheers,

Alex

VTranX

Quote Originally Posted by BetOnline View Post
    The road to becoming an A+ book is fraught with many difficult decisions... this wasn't one of them.

The player points program was a remnant of former management; just took us time to get to it. I hope to launch a new one by next football season; cause we like them in theory--this version was generally not well liked by players, as you can see in this thread, and poorly executed on the tech side, severely limiting how we could use it/change it to make it more interesting.

You have till Super Bowl to redeem existing points, so no point stealing here. If you still feel hard done by, Bubba, Sharpcat, ping me AS USUAL (with your account number) and we'll chat.

Incentives? If you're not on low-juice with us, you are eligible for the most generous deposit bonuses in the legit industry--who else gives up to $900? No one. Either way, you'll find it hard to match our wagering limits. But the key thing is: your money's always safe here and, as you all well know, WE PAY.

Cheers,

Alex
    how does a person get low juice? i don't see that option on the site. would be very interested in playing if i can get reduced juice. shoot me a pm or simply reply here.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cashed in my points last night.

The player points program was a remnant of former management; just took us time to get to it. I hope to launch a new one by next football season; cause we like them in theory--this version was generally not well liked by players, as you can see in this thread

Huh? Is that what I am seeing in this thread? I would have sworn I was seeing that players do like the loyalty points and are unhappy they are gone. Amazing how wrong I can be.

I liked them a lot.

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I think low juice is for old timers. If i remember correctly they have not offered this for a while. When you signed up you could choose low juice or bonuses and points. No low juice for ncaab?

sharpcat

Cheers,

Alex
    Alex,

You guys are far from being an A+ book and your history with BetOnSports and the flat out theft of players funds in no way suggests that you guys are a safe book for a player to leave a 5 figure balance at, Bookmaker, DSI, The Greek are 3 shops I can think of that not only match or exceed your limits but also offer more player incentives. Most importantly your website sucks at least take all of the money you guys are saving from canceling the loyalty program and hire a software programmer to make your site usable.

I would gladly take reduced juice over your reload bonus but I have never been given that option.

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lady this morning wouldnt let me cash in my points because I didnt have 10,000 so they are worthless to me so in my mind they are not honoring my points.

bubba

Cheers,

Alex

i did like the loyalty program (who doesnt like one as opposed to no program at all????)

but u guys have every right to alter the program or do away with it completely. but customers should be told about this. im not saying we need a months notice, a weeks notice or even a days notice (these would be nice) but customers should not be placing wagers with the assumption of the program in place and be surprised when they dont get the proper points credited. not the end of the world, but i feel this should have been handled better.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

I was disappointed to learn they were stopping the program but they are giving you till June to use the points you accumulated so at least you can redeem what you have.

gman2114
    SBR Rocks
    gman2114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

Make gambling legal and be done with this stuff. Vegas baby for the whole USA.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by patswin View Post
    I was disappointed to learn they were stopping the program but they are giving you till June to use the points you accumulated so at least you can redeem what you have.
    The superbowl is in february points must be redeemed by then according to Alex.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

That sucks, but no big deal...

12 Last