bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetJoint reconsiders decision in May wagering dispute; pays player $3,052

BetJoint (SBR rating C-) reconsiders decision in May wagering dispute; pays player $3,052

The player made two winning 3-team parlays wagering $250 and $150 in free-play bonus money to win a total of $5,359. The last leg of both parlays were on the San Diego Padres +1.5 run line. The player also made a regular moneyline bet on the Padres as well as a wager on the opposing team using his deposited funds. The next day the user account was debited $3,051 and his parlays were recalculated as 2-teamers with the third leg removed. Betjoint cited this rule. BetJoint is credited with keeping an open line of communication with both SBR and the player. Management gave the following reasons for crediting the player:

1) the fact that if the Padres had won by 1 run, he would have lost everything. Thus, he DID have exposure. (2) I also considered the feelings of nearly everyone who posted on the threads concerning this particular issue with Jason and their thoughts DO count.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 11:42 AM.

bigboydan

I'm glad to see Mark realized he was wrong on his original decision way back in May and did the right thing with this dispute.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Reports like these are great sometimes emotions prevent the correct resolution from occuring immediately but once the smoke clears things workout

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

It's encouraging to see books with an open mind.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's almost football season and any good publicity is welcomed. I'm not saying this is the sole reason they changed their minds, but it wouldn't shock me. Nonetheless, it's good news.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    It's almost football season and any good publicity is welcomed. I'm not saying this is the sole reason they changed their minds, but it wouldn't shock me. Nonetheless, it's good news.
    It could be either that or they received a nice influx of post up funds recently. Whatever the case maybe, I'm just glad Mark had a change of heart.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Great work sbr

jason
    jason's Avatar Become A Pro!

I post in response to the interest on players' part regarding the resolution of the situation I had with BetJoint. I wanted to put this issue to rest and update everyone on what happened, which SBR has already done on their front page.

I apologize for not responding to people's inquiries over the last few weeks, but I did not want to post until I had clarity on how things were being resolved, which was ongoing for the last several weeks. I had some lengthy conversations with Mark Roberts, who is the owner of BetJoint. While he reiterated BetJoint's view, he made clear that on behalf of his book he wanted to honor the wagers I had made. Mark took the effort to look at the other side of the issue (even though he personally saw things differently), and decided to ensure that there would not be any doubt that an unclear rule would lead to a player losing out. Mark even spent the time to review the exact amount of the winnings on the wagers that should be paid out. In fact, he determined upon recalculation, that BetJoint actually owed me $3,202 from the original wagers and not $3,052 as originally calculated in my SBR post. He sent me the higher correct amount, which I think showed additional integrity on his part.

I must say that this was a very difficult situation. As you know, and as I pointed out in my earlier postings, I was a player who had ONLY the most positive feedback on BetJoint and on Mark in particular - in a time when you have to be so careful about who you play with, they were a new book that was so reliable and welcoming and paid out as fast as I have ever seen since Neteller - I don't know if I ever waited more than 24 hours for actual money in hand (including this past week, when Mark sent me the winnings from the wagers that he agreed to honor in 24 hours or so). Because of all of the positive things I saw at BetJoint, you could understand why I had such trouble seeing how this situation ever happened. But I am very happy that they did what a place like this does, and that is went the extra mile to see to it that no player would be slighted and that they honored their bets completely.

I wanted to share with you this resolution in that I want the entire truth to be out there, and as I'm sure many of you feel, to know that a book is so concerned to make sure its bets are paid and that even unclear situations are resolved is something critical to finding a book you can trust. Mark's effort to get me ALL the money owed in about 1 DAY (just like all previous payouts I had) reminds me of what kind of a place I had been dealing with.

Thanks to SBR and Bill Dozer (and bigboydan) for all of their support, feedback, and assistance throughout this little ordeal. Thanks to all of the SBR posters who took the time to read the facts and weigh in; it meant a lot to have objective people's support. I wish you all the best moving forward. And thanks to Mark and BetJoint for resolving this in a way that I think is fair, but that I understand from their perspective meant going the extra mile for their player.

sofun
    sofun's Avatar Become A Pro!

BBD

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

You Mods ...are like Arnold Schwartzenaggar in that Pumping Iron movie..... your always get results....Numero Uno

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    We always want to give the book the benefit of the doubt when it does the right thing. We can say that late summer has the highest rate of cold case resolutions. Regardless of the main motivation, it shows the book is thinking like a business and cares about the reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I post in response to the interest on players' part regarding the resolution of the situation I had with BetJoint. I wanted to put this issue to rest and update everyone on what happened, which SBR has already done on their front page.

I apologize for not responding to people's inquiries over the last few weeks, but I did not want to post until I had clarity on how things were being resolved, which was ongoing for the last several weeks. I had some lengthy conversations with Mark Roberts, who is the owner of BetJoint. While he reiterated BetJoint's view, he made clear that on behalf of his book he wanted to honor the wagers I had made. Mark took the effort to look at the other side of the issue (even though he personally saw things differently), and decided to ensure that there would not be any doubt that an unclear rule would lead to a player losing out. Mark even spent the time to review the exact amount of the winnings on the wagers that should be paid out. In fact, he determined upon recalculation, that BetJoint actually owed me $3,202 from the original wagers and not $3,052 as originally calculated in my SBR post. He sent me the higher correct amount, which I think showed additional integrity on his part.

I must say that this was a very difficult situation. As you know, and as I pointed out in my earlier postings, I was a player who had ONLY the most positive feedback on BetJoint and on Mark in particular - in a time when you have to be so careful about who you play with, they were a new book that was so reliable and welcoming and paid out as fast as I have ever seen since Neteller - I don't know if I ever waited more than 24 hours for actual money in hand (including this past week, when Mark sent me the winnings from the wagers that he agreed to honor in 24 hours or so). Because of all of the positive things I saw at BetJoint, you could understand why I had such trouble seeing how this situation ever happened. But I am very happy that they did what a place like this does, and that is went the extra mile to see to it that no player would be slighted and that they honored their bets completely.

I wanted to share with you this resolution in that I want the entire truth to be out there, and as I'm sure many of you feel, to know that a book is so concerned to make sure its bets are paid and that even unclear situations are resolved is something critical to finding a book you can trust. Mark's effort to get me ALL the money owed in about 1 DAY (just like all previous payouts I had) reminds me of what kind of a place I had been dealing with.

Thanks to SBR and Bill Dozer (and bigboydan) for all of their support, feedback, and assistance throughout this little ordeal. Thanks to all of the SBR posters who took the time to read the facts and weigh in; it meant a lot to have objective people's support. I wish you all the best moving forward. And thanks to Mark and BetJoint for resolving this in a way that I think is fair, but that I understand from their perspective meant going the extra mile for their player.

Thanks for the update Jason. I agree the posters who took the time to weigh in played a big role in this resolution. It's great to see a new book listening to the players.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17651