Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

Is this a joke? Does anyone seriously use Betjamaica??

Why is BetJamaica rated A+ here?

Stupid me assumed that the high rating and lack of unhappy customer threads meant they were a decent book at the very least... But... I feel like someone has played a joke on me!

I'm not American but wanted to be a pro so threw a few hundred into GP to try out a couple of these offshore places.

I don't mind The Greek. The site is good to use and find what I want and they have different soccer spreads to other books, so are useful to me. Parlaymakers would be just awesome if I had confidence in it lasting. Ditto for Betphoenix. 5Dimes seems to be to one I'll be settling on for my NASCAR season bets.

But what on earth is BetJamaica supposed to be for? I like to bet Hockey... they don't even offer MoneyLines!! Let alone team totals.

Haven't worked our when they put the lines up yet, but it sure aint early! But they are early to take them down from what I see.

Hardly any soccer offered. Hardly any tennis offered, even for the Australian Open that's on now. ML only, only a handful of matches.

I can't parlay most sports. Had a look at the NBA/NFL offerings and they even look minimal too.

Serious Question: Who uses this book and what on earth is the advantage you see here?
    I think I am going to have trouble even finding a bet to make here!

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7584

you need to look again bro lol. hockey ml spreads and totals are all there. kinda weirdly laid out book but as far as ive seen there good ive no problems.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by COYLO View Post
    you need to look again bro lol. hockey ml spreads and totals are all there. kinda weirdly laid out book but as far as ive seen there good ive no problems.
    Thanks. I see odds for tomorrow's games now. I knew I had to be mistaken. (or they weren't offering ML late on today's matches)

Well at least they have something for me to bet on thankfully.

Do you know if they offer many NASCAR or F1 props?

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

BetJamaica has hockey ml, totals, and puck lines so you must be looking in the wrong section.

Lint Pockets

BetJamaica isn't really the place to bet props they hardly offer any. Here and there i will see a few NBA props and NFL props but that is it and even those are only a few. 5Dimes is the book you want if you bet props.

Optional

Thanks Lint Pockets.

I'm less "irate" now I realize they may be useful for hockey after all.

Lint Pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks Lint Pockets.

I'm less "irate" now I realize they may be useful for hockey after all.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Betjamaica = Baseball

No need to use them for hockey, basketball though..

thegreen
    thegreen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is BetJamaica rated A+ here?

Stupid me assumed that the high rating and lack of unhappy customer threads meant they were a decent book at the very least... But... I feel like someone has played a joke on me!

I'm not American but wanted to be a pro so threw a few hundred into GP to try out a couple of these offshore places.

I don't mind The Greek. The site is good to use and find what I want and they have different soccer spreads to other books, so are useful to me. Parlaymakers would be just awesome if I had confidence in it lasting. Ditto for Betphoenix. 5Dimes seems to be to one I'll be settling on for my NASCAR season bets.

But what on earth is BetJamaica supposed to be for? I like to bet Hockey... they don't even offer MoneyLines!! Let alone team totals.

Haven't worked our when they put the lines up yet, but it sure aint early! But they are early to take them down from what I see.

Hardly any soccer offered. Hardly any tennis offered, even for the Australian Open that's on now. ML only, only a handful of matches.

I can't parlay most sports. Had a look at the NBA/NFL offerings and they even look minimal too.

Serious Question: Who uses this book and what on earth is the advantage you see here?
    I think I am going to have trouble even finding a bet to make here!

Fastest payouts, very trustworthy...Go elsewhere but stop your whining

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

You will definetly find things to wager there........and they are as safe as any outfit in existance.

DON'T FORGET THE LOYALTY PROGRAM

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13420

Yes, BetJamaica is very good for baseball.

Eagle1958
    Eagle1958's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like them. THey are very useful for most sports

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Betjam is solid, not my favorite, but you can't go wrong with them.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

It's a rec book that doesn't do the same crap most rec books do. They don't deal dual lines, don't play games with bonus rollover, what you see is what you get. Sure, lines come out later than others and limits are low, but that's the definition of a rec book. If your action is to pro for them they recommend the Greek and pay you ASAP, whereas other books will play games like "you can only get a certain amount of your balance per month" after they boot you.

All ratings should be relative to each other and depend more on safety of funds than how late lines come out, betting options, etc. I just posted about BetUS, they have lots of betting options but they are scammers who do bait and switch with bonuses, deal dual lines, and use long delays to take one-sided action. (Bet the sucker side and it goes through, bet the good side and they move the line.) So they get a D+ and rightly so. BetJam doesn't do that and pays so they get an A+.

kingoftheworld
    kingoftheworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard they are one of the best

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Reloads, loyalty bonus, birthday bonus and I think must have for baseball. I haven't used the betpoints for fp, but that is also a nice addition. I don't see alot of play during baskets season vs reduced juice books, but I still keep a balance there and wager a few value dogs.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Why did this idiot even post this crap about BetJam. Waist of me even seeing the thread and opening it.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    It's a rec book that doesn't do the same crap most rec books do. They don't deal dual lines, don't play games with bonus rollover, what you see is what you get. Sure, lines come out later than others and limits are low, but that's the definition of a rec book. If your action is to pro for them they recommend the Greek and pay you ASAP, whereas other books will play games like "you can only get a certain amount of your balance per month" after they boot you.
    Thanks for setting me straight. Good explanation. The thread about Betphoenix dealing stale bad lines to customers was enough to put me off using them, despite how much I liked the site and betting options.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    DON'T FORGET THE LOYALTY PROGRAM
    I'll be struggling to make 100 bets per year here I think. But agree the bonuses and extras look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Betjamaica = Baseball

No need to use them for hockey, basketball though..
    If only they covered the Aussie NBL as well that might be good for me.

I should have checked it out more, and assumed less, before depositing. For someone who wants to bet mostly Soccer/Motorsport/Tennis/Hockey the options are surprisingly thin on the ground. Sounds like a safe place to keep a balance long term at least.

Legions36

Thanks for setting me straight. Good explanation. The thread about Betphoenix dealing stale bad lines to customers was enough to put me off using them, despite how much I liked the site and betting options.

I'll be struggling to make 100 bets per year here I think. But agree the bonuses and extras look nice.

If only they covered the Aussie NBL as well that might be good for me.

I should have checked it out more, and assumed less, before depositing. For someone who wants to bet mostly Soccer/Motorsport/Tennis/Hockey the options are surprisingly thin on the ground. Sounds like a safe place to keep a balance long term at least.
    I cant believe i got fooled into opening this dummies thread again. Thats why i said this was a waist of time and now he made me write again on his thread. Thanks alot idiot.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i never ahd a problem there.

Optional

@Legions: Glad to have been of service.

Being called an idiot and a dummy by someone who can't spell, construct a sentence, or even make make much sense isn't much of a burn for the other person pal. Maybe come up with a new routine that doesn't involve displaying yourself as worthy of the names you are calling others? ;-)

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are top notch. Yo should give them more of a chance.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are better than most books out there. I'm sure this was blown way out of proportion. Perhaps making a bigger deal out of it then it is.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    I will.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are my #1 book #2 DSI #3 5Dimes

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

never had a problem, bookamekr is th ebest tho

Legions36

@Legions: Glad to have been of service.

Being called an idiot and a dummy by someone who can't spell, construct a sentence, or even make make much sense isn't much of a burn for the other person pal. Maybe come up with a new routine that doesn't involve displaying yourself as worthy of the names you are calling others? ;-)
    Great response to bad you are an idiot to even start a thread like this, do you see how many people say good things about Bet Jam, sorry i made you feel bad about you being an idiot, i was just stating the obvious.
    (Is this a joke? Does anyone seriously use Betjamaica??)your words thats enough right there to prove my point, that you are an idiot and dummy at the same time. You have a 1000 posts on SBR and ask that question.
    Last edited by Legions36; 01-19-11 at 11:30 PM.

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

I have used them fpr years for straight bets for US sports and fast payouts and easy deposits. The CS is not always the best but they getthe job done. my 2 cents

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7584

how long a wait for withdrawls just made my first.

tbab
    tbab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have used BetJamaica for years and have never had any issues with them. A+ book imo.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe you pretty much said betjamaica sucks but betphoenix is great book... lolz... betjamaica is A+++ and betphoenix... C- type book.... I been using betjamaica for long time.... they are not good with tennis and soccer lines..and that's why I also use 5dimes... but other than that, betjam is ******* great book!

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

betjm will pay when u win.. that is the best feeling of security u can have.

i will say this though.. their customer service has went completely downhill last 6 months+ ....live chat is non-existent now and email gets no answers back either.

its a shame because they did become A rated BECAUSE of their service..imo

-stash

dialup_king
    dialup_king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I get the BetJamaica logo on the screen when I try to make a bet. Does this mean I am on delay?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    It's about a week later, and my opinion has not improved much.

Agree with the people who say their CS is non-existent.

I emailed to ask what time they usually put their hockey lines up, as I have seen them appear overnight and then disappear. And I like to take early lines quite often. I get a reply the next day simply saying "they are up now". That just sounds like someone who seriously does not give a f**k to me.

On Monday at 2.00pm ET They incorrectly graded a horse racing bet. I emailed support@betjam at 2.07pm. Still no reply, nor have they fixed the error. On Tuesday just after 2.00pm I emailed horses@betjam to try again. Still no joy.

As far as lines go... again I ask the question, why would anyone want to bet here on soccer or hockey or tennis? If you bet on these sports and have more than 1 book I am sure you know exactly what I mean.

One of the biggest giveaways that their attitude stinks is only having their live chat link on the public "sales page" of their website. Anyone else wondered why it isn't anywhere on the logged in pages, or even listed on the contact page linked inside? Not that you need to wonder hard to work out why.

The biggest positive anyone has had to say here is that "your money is safe at BetJam".... but how the hell do any of you know that? Surely a book with very few betting options, uncompetitive lines and non-existent customer service is very likely to go broke one day?

So attack me all you want, but I still think this book is a joke and the evidence over the last week backs that up pretty well imho.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I like bet jamaica especially for baseball

12 Last