easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

** deposit problem..

I just tried depositing to a book with ** for the first time and when i went to give the control number to the book they said i sent it to the wrong person blah blah even though i confirmed previously that it was the correct person and i spelled it right and everything. So now they want me to cancel the transaction and send it to another person in another country on another continent. So my questions are do i have to go back to the same exact ** place that i did the transaction at or just any ** location to cancel it? Will i get the ** fees back aka the full amount that i paid earlier? Also will this look shady to **, could i possibly get banned for this? I think i might wait to re deposit a week or something so it doesn't look strange, but right now I'm worried about getting my money back asap and not getting scammed or something. Help me out. Thanks.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

You should go back to the exact same place ASAP.......................... If you wait that's worse........

you will get the full amount back.

Who's fault is this? yours or the agent or the book.

easywinner

I guess the books, it can't be mine i followed the directions perfectly. I logged in and told them i wanted to send a ** deposit today. They gave me the receiver name and location and told me come back with the control #. So i made the deposit and came back with the # and they tell me it's the wrong person that i should cancel and send to another person. I don't want to name the book because i don't feel necessary to say anything negative about any books on here but i will tell you that it is an A+ rated book on this site and I'm pissed about it because i was going to get in on the pats/jets game and some Australian open tennis late tonight. I'm going to go back up there asap and cancel, i'm not going to resend to their new location on another continent either i think that would look shady.

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

what book is this ?

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by saints7011 View Post
    what book is this ?
    I don't want to say and get on their bad side or anything. I'm just worried about getting my full amount of money back asap since it wasn't my fault and not getting scammed or having any issues in the future with ** because of this or anything like that. I'm going back up there right now to get my money back, I'll update further if there are anymore problems. It's just kinda nerve racking having my first ever attempt at depositing via ** to a new book go like this. Not a good experience for me.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Ive had this happen TWICE. Both times I called **'s 800 number, I DIDNT go back to the store where I sent it. Both times the agent on thephone changed it without a problem (kept same MTCN number, just chgd recv name). It took about 5 minutes. However, in both instances I just had to change the name, but SAME country. By the book making you change receiver's country this will make it look fishy. I'd contact the book back and insist on a receiver in the same country they orig had you send it. A bigger question is why cant they just give you the correct name of who it was supposed to go in the first place and you can call ** and change it to that?? If the book wont do that then something is fishy on their end
    Last edited by ehp6737; 01-16-11 at 03:46 PM.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

just call the 1800 number i had to do it before

easywinner

Thanks for the responses. I went back to where i made the transaction and they made me call the ** cs 1-800 # which took like 5 minutes then i had to sign a form and got my money back but they didn't refund the fees. So i got screwed out of the fee which was a few bucks but at least i got my original money back which is what i was worried about. I'm just going to hold off now on using ** to deposit for maybe a week before i do it again so i don't set off any red flags or anything, i don't want to get banned. Pretty messed up on the books part if you ask me though for doing this to me A+ rated too. What's to say the next time i try to deposit again via ** they don't do the same thing to me?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

easywinner.... you could have called ** and told them you needed to change the receiver and location.

they would have done it for you over the phone...instead of cancelling, losing the fee, and resending

easywinner

Damn, oh well I'm just glad i got my money back. If i would have known that it could have helped me earlier, too late now. Too bad for me you didn't see this thread 2 hours earlier.

king
    king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    easywinner.... you could have called ** and told them you needed to change the receiver and location.

they would have done it for you over the phone...instead of cancelling, losing the fee, and resending

This could of caused a problem. They like to questioned you about stuff. Not all the time but it could happen. Anyways he did get back the money but the cost of losing the fee's.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

what book was it ...you can say now since you not going to deposit there anymore , i wouldnt

easywinner

I do want to deposit there. I'm just going to chalk this up as a freak accident or a dumb cs person. If it happens again then i won't deal with them anymore. They are A+ rated so I'm sure this kind of stuff must be rare otherwise nobody would use them and they would have a worse rating right? Who would have thought my problem would be them accepting my money, most people that have problems that i see are with payouts not deposits. Books usually love taking deposits.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you should say the name of the book, their idiocy robbed you of your hard earned money and books should learn there are concequences to their actions

I would demand they cover my lost ** fees or I woulnt post up with them at all, damn idiots

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Make sure next time, that they give you the name twice. To just double check they are spelling it right. That would suck for them to do it a second time. Make sure the agent does everything correctly as well.

It is nerve racking when you have to go back and do things with this type of transaction.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

It's obviously 5Dimes. I had this problem a few times. Last time I specifically asked for **, then they gave me the name and I asked are you sure it's for ** and the CS rep said oops, I thought you said **. It pisses me off, but ALWAYS ask them twice. ******* 5Dimes

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

fuckuou!!!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    you should say the name of the book, their idiocy robbed you of your hard earned money and books should learn there are concequences to their actions
    Yes. You should post the name of the book. So others in the future can make sure to double check the book on names and such. This way, it limits it in the future for others.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

It's 5DIMES

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they dont gain anything by effing you out of your fees. just need to learn spanish pronounciation or say things like "A as in apple" "B as in boy"

dont know whos mistake it was, if it was his- he wouldnt've noticed it- hence it being a mistake.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

If this was over the phone with the book, may I suggest "live chat" so you can see the spelling.

blingish
    blingish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2441

** will change the receiver name over the phone but NOT the location. I have had this happen before. Also make sure when you send the money that you do so to the country followed by USD. for example send it to "Philippines USD" not just Philippines. I have had to explain to ** agents that under each country is the same country followed by usd. This sends the funds in US Dollars instead of converting the funds to the local currency. I have had issues with Bookmaker and SBG in the past because of this. Just a heads up. If you do it exactly right there should be no problems. GL!!

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    It's 5DIMES
    That was my first, second, and fourth guess.

Should they have a big-ass bulletin board with the "**/** Contact Info of the Day" on it?

easywinner

Sorry if i wasn't clear earlier i thought i was, but the name was spelled correctly it was an internal issue with the book. Apparently this book uses different "receivers" on different days and for different services such as ** and **, maybe because they're scared of the U.S. government or something and the idiots gave me the wrong receiver name and told me they wouldn't receive my deposit unless i canceled and did a new one to a new name in a new country. It was over live chat also just to clarify those issues. It was all the books fault not mine or the ** clerk. Then the cs person at the book suggested i cancel and go to a different ** location to make a new transaction to a different name in a different country. This stuff is shady if you ask me. Maybe I'll just move to Vegas so i don't have to mess around with these online books anymore and can actually support America and it's economy instead of foreign countries. Doesn't anyone who's worth a **** in the sports betting industry from America live in Vegas already anyway? Between ************ getting rejected by books and problems like this with ** and no neteller or anything like they have in other countries it's becoming a damn hassle just to get a bet in with a book you like. I went 3 for 3 on my picks today but i actually lost money due to not being able to get the funds deposited and win and losing money on the ** fees that weren't reimbursed, lol.
    Last edited by easywinner; 01-17-11 at 03:32 AM.

Trucker George
    Trucker George's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe I'll just move to Vegas so i don't have to mess around with these online books anymore and can actually support America and it's economy instead of foreign countries. Doesn't anyone who's worth a **** in the sports betting industry from America live in Vegas already anyway? Between ************ getting rejected by books and problems like this with ** and no neteller or anything like they have in other countries it's becoming a damn hassle just to get a bet in with a book you like.
    I understand and sympathize with what you are saying, but would like to point out that the problems with online gambling in the USA are directly because of the USA. You are living in a country that considers you a fool and that you must be protected from your foolish choices lest you click your mouse and lose your house, or fray the fabric of society with your evil, addicted ways -- the USA is your nanny. For this reason I don't have a problem sending money offshore to bet with offshore books. If this country didn't have pathetic online gambling laws, the shadiness and hassles of moving money wouldn't exist. If you want to keep your gambling money in the USA, then you are keeping it in the the same country that is causing the problems in the first place.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

er. most of these books are run by americans so its them who pocket them money, isnt sbr based in CR as well?
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 01-17-11 at 06:08 AM.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Do the books have someone personally go pick up the cash---I would think not---probably stays in an account or something.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

There not trying to scam you. Its no problem to change a name. Spelling problems happen.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

how much did you spend in sending and receiving money using **.....