tom1961
    tom1961's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a bookie question

I just need to know an answer from someone that really knows. I have a local bookie that I was using the last 2 weeks. Last week and part of this week I was losing and in the hole for about $800. On Sunday I hit all of my plays. Well, I went to place my bet for last night and before I even bet the bookie told me that he never was able to reach the next chain of command on the bookie chain to get anybody's bet in on the Nevada/ BC game. I hit my play and this bookie never called me and said the bet was no good until he told me last night. In my opinion that is not my problem. He takes the local bets and passes them on to the next higher level. If I get my bet placed with this local, then I think that is all I should have to be concerned with. What is the right thing here????

gamedayguru
    Looking for a reputable Shill School
    gamedayguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 69

If he took it, then it is a bet. period. If he says any different, get another bookie.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Get a new Bookie! Cut ties with this guy NOW

Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

This guys sounds totally legitimate, if Nevada covered your bet most certainly would have gotten through. Play online, it is way better.

DBonn
    DBonn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

atleast you dont have to pay him anything that you owe him if you didnt get even.....

tom1961

I still owe him about $100, but would have hit on Auburn last night had he not pulled this shit.

bucsfan
    bucsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

You don't owe this guy shit ! Find a new office fast !

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tom1961 View Post
    I just need to know an answer from someone that really knows. I have a local bookie that I was using the last 2 weeks. Last week and part of this week I was losing and in the hole for about $800. On Sunday I hit all of my plays. Well, I went to place my bet for last night and before I even bet the bookie told me that he never was able to reach the next chain of command on the bookie chain to get anybody's bet in on the Nevada/ BC game. I hit my play and this bookie never called me and said the bet was no good until he told me last night. In my opinion that is not my problem. He takes the local bets and passes them on to the next higher level. If I get my bet placed with this local, then I think that is all I should have to be concerned with. What is the right thing here????
    That is. You're betting with this local bookie, period. Who he sells it to, or plays it with is of no relevance to you. Sounds like he was "self carrying" the play hoping it wouldn't hit and was just gonna keep the cash. If it'd have not covered and you'd have lost, you can be damn sure he wouldn't have said a damn thing about it and you'd have been out the money... sounds like he was going to carry that game himself and just pocket a shit load and then took a bath on it. And this is how he's trying to explain it away. Nada.

Screw him. Whatever your balance was prior to this bet, subtract what this bet won you, and that is your number period. He doesn't like it he can go screw himself... if he wasn't able to play it or something he should have called you back, right then. Even at that - it would have been shit and I'd have been looking for a new guy. Definitely would be now.

tom1961

Thanks for the reply. that was my opinion also. And I even thought that since he was screwing me out of the bet that I should just call it even and not even pay him what I owe him because my next bet would have been a winner but I did not place it since he did this to me.

Spi
    Spi's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is an old old trick. It has been used for years. If you lose you pay. If you win he says it was not put in. He took the wager. He should pay. Then you should lose his number forever. That was no mistake. Otherwise he would have called before game times. Also, there is no way he could not reach his bookie. That does not happen. That was a scam.

tom1961

Thanks Spi, but should I pay him the balance I owe him or since I would have hit my next play which would have made us even, should I not pay him?

Spi
    Spi's Avatar Become A Pro!

For $100 I would pay & go away. Take the higher road but tell everyone else to stay away.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Only a hundred. Just pay him and cut ties with him. There are always more bookies out there.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    Only a hundred. Just pay him and cut ties with him. There are always more bookies out there.
    Did you pay that girl the $400 for the damage you did to her car?