BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

THEFT of funds: Belmont.com

I opened a new account at Belmont.com on Jan 8 and sent $2000 via Moneybookers for their $500 sign up bonus.

I made some bets on Jan 8 and at the end of the day my balance was $4113.

The next day I received an email confirmation that my withdrawal request for $2000 was being processed. I had not requested such a withdrawal. I logged into my account to see that it had been "disabled".

I called CS and they told me that $2000 would be returned to me via Moneybookers. I asked about my remaining balance and he said "It is a management decision and no further correspondence will be entered into".

I sent an email and received this reply:

Dear BAUS,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    Unfortunately, your account has been disabled for security and verification purposes. We cannot disclose any details, other than this was a decision taken at Management level. Regrettably, we will be unable to enter into further correspondence pertaining to this matter. The funds will be send through the Moneybookers account you entered online. As soon as this is completed, we will send you an email notification.
    We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter.
    Kind regards,
    Andrea Baker
    --
    Belmont Cashier
    http://www.belmont.com
    New Accounts Earn 10%, Referrals Earn 10%

I received my $2000 today to Moneybookers. They have stolen $1611 in winnings from me and the $500 bonus...well, whatever.

This is clearly a rogue operation who will steal from you.

And before anyone says "I told you so about Jazzette books" keep in mind that all the other Jazzette books, especially Hollywood, have treated me fairly over the years and always pay within 24-36 hours to Moneybookers.

BAUS

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

no offense, but it amazes me that looking at the history of sb.com thefts, players are still using excuses such as well they have PERSONALLY treated ME well in the past so i don't expect that to happen to ME.

well not saying that you deserve this happening to you, but what is the point of logging their theft history (as you're doing now) if players don't plan on factoring that into their decision-making process..

now the next guy is going to come into this thread and go "i know about your problems, but i'm sure i will be paid b/c jazzette always treated ME fairly blah blah blah.."

lol @ hollywood plug, yea obv they're so trustworthy as you found out, apparently their theft history from 4 years NOTago was indication enough

i hope you get your funds back dude, i also hope you learned a lesson from this

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Hate hearing this shit, makes me edgy.

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you have any form of recourse? Really Sucks.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

does Belmont.com actually allow to have accounts with other Jazzette books?

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Horrible. But wouldve been way worse if they decided to pocket everything and not even return the deposit.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Stay away from D/F books. :|

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

I told you so about Jazzette books

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Have you at least put in complaint with SBR? I guess that 500 bonus was too tempting. Stick with better books.

Nathan Bug Tyler
    Nathan Bug Tyler's Avatar Become A Pro!

all sports books are thief's, whether it be with your money or line odds, get use to it, part of the game, that's the price we pay.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats messed up if they did that, thanks for the heads up though

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baus is the type of bonus whore that isn't good for the industry anyway, nothing to see here

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to hear about this, OP.

I think it would be really useful if SBR were able to compile a definitive, accurate list of the "Jazette" books detailing who's ACTUALLY related to whom, what policies each sub-group has on multiple accounts within their sub-group or the larger group as a whole, etc. There seem to be a lot of varying stories, and it's sad when a book uses that uncertainty to try to steal from a player.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

sorry to hear baus, i would file a complaint here at sbr or covers, i think they are a sponsor there

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR help this man.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Man another Jazzette horror story

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Would like to hear what Justin7 has to say. Perhaps he can assist.

macb
    macb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

this guy is full of shit

Spi
    Spi's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is the risk offshore. You have no recourse. Read what ViP did to me. At least a local bookie you could confront.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by Spi View Post
    That is the risk offshore. You have no recourse. Read what ViP did to me. At least a local bookie you could confront.
    Yes but you can greatly minimize that risk by playing at a top book.

Marginalis
    Marginalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by macb View Post
    this guy is full of shit

dangerfish
    dangerfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

In an industry where there is often no legal recourse it would be nice if there were other avenues of effective recourse. Filing a complaint is certainly one way of policing rogue bookmakers but I think for the most part that has little effect.

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    no offense, but it amazes me that looking at the history of sb.com thefts, players are still using excuses such as well they have PERSONALLY treated ME well in the past so i don't expect that to happen to ME. well not saying that you deserve this happening to you, but what is the point of logging their theft history (as you're doing now) if players don't plan on factoring that into their decision-making process.. now the next guy is going to come into this thread and go "i know about your problems, but i'm sure i will be paid b/c jazzette always treated ME fairly blah blah blah.." lol @ hollywood plug, yea obv they're so trustworthy as you found out, apparently their theft history from 4 years NOTago was indication enough i hope you get your funds back dude, i also hope you learned a lesson from this
    Risk vs Reward sir. I made this thread to warn people of how Belmont treated me. Not all Jazzette books behave in the same way. I should know, I've played at all of them.

Hollywood also closed my account, but returned all funds without keeping any for themselves.

BAUS

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    does Belmont.com actually allow to have accounts with other Jazzette books?
    You are allowed to have accounts at multiple Jazzette books, so long as it is not to circumvent limits, which I have never done.

BAUS

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Great post sir.

BAUS

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Baus is the type of bonus whore that isn't good for the industry anyway, nothing to see here
    If bonuses weren't good for the industry, then the industry wouldn't offer them sir.

BAUS

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by AimingHigh View Post
    Sorry to hear about this, OP. I think it would be really useful if SBR were able to compile a definitive, accurate list of the "Jazette" books detailing who's ACTUALLY related to whom, what policies each sub-group has on multiple accounts within their sub-group or the larger group as a whole, etc. There seem to be a lot of varying stories, and it's sad when a book uses that uncertainty to try to steal from a player.
    This group doesn't always behave rationally or consistently. For example, Hollywood closed my account and returned all funds, while Belmont returned some, yet also kept some for themselves.

Such a chart would be nice in theory, but in practice it would be worthless.

BAUS

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by macb View Post
    this guy is full of shit
    Idiot.

BAUS

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

abc islands is in this group correct?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Compaqdikk written all over it.

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    abc islands is in this group correct?
    No sir.

BAUS

BAUS

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Compaqdikk written all over it.
    No sir.

BAUS

Birre
    Birre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1347

Some jazette books do this kind of thing others or fine. I had the same problem with Linesmaker, they didn't want to explain why it had been closed and they didn't even want documents. Their was a note under my account that my account couldn't be reopened. Seems like some kind of false security warning. Other jaz books like Brobury and sportsbetting or fine and didn't close my account (Brobury temp. disabled it and after I send them documents it was reopened).

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by Birre View Post
    Some jazette books do this kind of thing others or fine. I had the same problem with Linesmaker, they didn't want to explain why it had been closed and they didn't even want documents. Their was a note under my account that my account couldn't be reopened. Seems like some kind of false security warning. Other jaz books like Brobury and sportsbetting or fine and didn't close my account (Brobury temp. disabled it and after I send them documents it was reopened).
    Sportsbetting is not part of jazette group. Dindon.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    yep... +1

12 Last