ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Finally Cashing out 5Dimes, do they really need all this info?

Here's the chat session with my account and password deleted

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Jane'
    Jane: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    Jeff: Hi, I'd like to make a payout with my account
    Jeff: I understand that the fee will be waived this morning, what are my options?
    Jane: Can you please confirm your account number and password?
    Jeff: xxxxxxxxx
    Jeff: xxxxxxxxx
    Jane: thank you sir before you can cash out there's some information missing regarding your credit card deposits
    Jane: we sent you an e-mail with the information we need before a payout
    Jane: did you receive it?
    Jeff: I'm unsure, I don't remember
    Jane: Well if you want to we can re-send you the information
    Jeff: that'd be great
    Jane: so everything will be up-date and then you can cash out
    Jane: No problem sir
    Jane: We'll need the copy of the card and ID
    Jane: and also the e-mail we're going to send you has a form that you need to sign and date sir
    Jeff: anything else?
    Jane: No sir just that
    Jane: as soon we have the info we can proceed with it
    Jeff: perfect, could you please resend the email?
    Jane: Yes sir I just asked the CC department to re-send you the info
    Jeff: thank you
    Jane: You're welcome
    Jane: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Jeff: when is the Monday morning period over of having the payout fee waived?
    Jane: Mondays from 9 to 1 et sir
    Jeff: great

So I need to photo copy my Credit Card and Drivers liscense and send it to another country? Then after that, If I use *************** Check Method I need to give out my Checking Account Number and Routing number? All this information pops up red flags for me that my identity may be stolen.

Is this normal? Should I be worried? My checking account has less than 200$ in it, I'm more worried about having to contact VC 24/7 to appeal fradulent charges or have my credit score damaged

ClimbSomeRocks

Now here's the follow up email:

"Please refer to the attachment and you will find the authorization
    form (s) you need to fill out (in handwriting) in order to process
    your request.

Along with the authorization form (s), make sure to include copies
    of ID and of your VC card ending in 7207, 7223 and Master card
    ending in 0839(front and back side). Make sure the card is signed.

You can send this information back to the email from where you
    received this one (certification@5dimes.com) or you can send it via
    fax to 1-800-559-7417."

Problem is, the only card I deposited with is a VC (not **) ending in 0839. The other two cards must be what SBR uses to credit my account when using a freeplay or cash from the store?

In the attachment, here is what they want from me:

Important: You must include a photocopy of your credit card(s) and Valid Driver’s License or Passport. Make sure your photocopies are readable. Any documents not clearly legible will have to be resent. Contact us at 1-800-305-3517 after sending the form to confirm it was successfully received. During the phone call we will be confirming all details contained within your documents.
    I ____________________________________ (please print), do hereby certify that I am the authorized cardholder for the below listed credit card(s) and agree to accept the charge(s) made, and I also understand that all credit card purchases will show up on my credit card statement as *******/********** and/or *******/********* and/or *******/xtremesnow and/or *******/bcomputers I confirm that I have used the services of *******/********** and/or *******/********* and/or *******/ xtremesnow and/or *******/bcomputers and agree to pay the below listed amount.

I'm uncomfortable with the bolded part, as they may be able to use this to charge me in the future? I have VC so I know I can combat fradulent charges, but I don't want to have to deal with all that.
    Please tell me there is an easier way!

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This is completely normal to show you are the one depositing

ClimbSomeRocks

And as far as them wanting SBR's ************ or whatever the first two card numbers they want?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

They've had all my info for a while, and have never had any shady things happen with my bank account.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

i have sent over 100 scans over the years to dozens of books,never a problem

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    i have sent over 100 scans over the years to dozens of books,never a problem
    thats good to hear

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

All on the up and up here, but this is why i always send my stuff by **, you never have a problem then

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

but for the people using ************ its useful info

ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

yes it is

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

can you tell us what happened with the cc thing? you said you only used 1 card to deposit but they were asking for copies of 3 different cards?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

never use a credit card to deposit

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14209

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    never use a credit card to deposit

ClimbSomeRocks

so why are there 3 different CC's that they want copies of? I only used 1, only thing I can think of is that SBR used a CC to credit my 50$ cash that I purchased from the store

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    so why are there 3 different CC's that they want copies of? I only used 1, only thing I can think of is that SBR used a CC to credit my 50$ cash that I purchased from the store
    Thats a good question that 5dimes should be able to answer. Just tell them what you told us. The other thing you could do is see if those card numbers were used on the same dates that are on your 5dimes transaction log, to see if the dates match up with the same date as your your SBR $50 cash that you purchased.

bsems
    bsems's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    All on the up and up here, but this is why i always send my stuff by **, you never have a problem then
    ^^^^This.

I too was weary, but when i was supposed to deposit funds. through 3rd party transfers or cc, they asked for DL id, bank info, and even last four of social, address, pic id, all that.

I think ima go ahead and deposit a min of 100$ using Western U. Takes longer, but id rather have piece of mind vs being lazy and not going to a store to send money and using cards that hold very valuable info. IM sure 5Dimes is discrete with info, but ANY book can get hacked at any time. Rather not take that chance.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

next time:

1) don't deposit with cc
    2) take care of all this before you give deposit 1 penny,
    3) get a "payout password" and don't be dumb and send it be email or live chat, call them up and give it to them over the phone, POPW is to be used verbally and is a phone only password

... 90% of the time this is needless data mining by books that can be avoided, OR cash flow management ( make PO's as slow and painful as possible)

horsiehung
    horsiehung's Avatar Become A Pro!

i never heard of a POPW, but advice is good to ask and take care of ALL paperwork upfront...many times there may be an old CC on their file of you, and you have no idea about it..they will want a copy..also when you move the greek want OLD utility bills..can be a big hassle..always good to try to cash out even a little bit every once and a while to make sure all is cool

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

POPW should also be able to be used to change account settings such as address changes with a reasonable book since the only people that actually know it are the player and the book since it is never given over chat or email

a popw can't be stolen from a hard drive, by phishing, keystroke logging progs, or data sniffing
    Last edited by scott235; 01-23-11 at 02:01 PM.