brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

betsafe.com reduced my $37 stake amount down to $4

THATS RIGHT.

before i joined betsafe i spoke to there live support in the chat. i asked about there bet amount limits and there answer was there is no stake limit, only win amount limit which is a maximum win per bet or per day of 12,500 euros.

i sign up and deposit, i go to put $37 on sam stosur @1.50 and oh my god, they reduced it to $4.
    i ask why they did this and they say the risk management team blah blah.

$37 stake amount is a risk to this bookie???? HAHAHAHAHAHA
    they should go offline now for there own sake, i would be embarrassed to be the owner of this book, what a disgrace betsafe is.

brettels

this is what they say

The level of your limits has been determined by our risk-managers, but can still vary from match to match and between events. However, the most common reason
    for lowered personal limit is a low degree of independency in your betting-history, such as surewin-betting and syndicate-alike patterns.
    From time to time, it can still be possible to get a larger stake accepted through manual procedures. We are sorry if the stakes offered are in-sufficient.

brettels

all the things they said trying to explain there crap to me

1. This is because our risk-managers is regulating this subject and it's determined by several reasons and can vary from match to match.
    The limit accepted on our website will be the final for the respective betting-offer.

2. Yes, our risk managers might regulate your betsizes in the future as well.

In case we are able to assist you with anything else, feel free to contact us on the Betsafe customer support.

3. The level of your limits has been determined by our risk-managers, but can still vary from match to match and between events. However, the most common reason
    for lowered personal limit is a low degree of independency in your betting-history, such as surewin-betting and syndicate-alike patterns.
    From time to time, it can still be possible to get a larger stake accepted through manual procedures. We are sorry if the stakes offered are in-sufficient.

4. Im afraid we do not have the information on what bases the limits on certain matches are calculated.
    Since the limits are done by our risk managers, Im afraid there is nothing we are able to do on the matter.

5. We also reserve the right to reduce the bet size according to betsize.
    I have explained you that there is nothing I can do to this matter. The decicions are solely done by our
    risk managers.

$4 ARE YOU SERIOUS BETSAFE??

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Right when I opened a betsafe account. The limit was about 100 euros on bigger leagues. I don't bet there any more since they offer 30 euro bets.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

At least they're not taking on more liability than they're prepared to pay out. And the fact that they're only prepared to take on such a small amount just means you should move on and not worry about it.

If you're in Europe, I heard Titan was pretty good for tennis betting. I used to place a few tennis bets with StanJames and Betfred, and thought their odds were reasonable.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

This is ridiculous 4 $ at 1.50 odds. In Europe with so many choices, it's shameful to offer this insult of a limits.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

sounds like betboo in disguise

brettels

what is betboo? or was?

chachi
    Lazy Git

they still 'are' ... they are a south american bookie who think that €10 on a Brazilian A league match is a large stake

vercer
    vercer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

after few bets in boylesports i have similar limits to yours in betsafe-crapy books

chachi
    Lazy Git

spoyles you mean ... infamous for preventing people from being able to fulfill the signup offer of 'bet 50 five times to get a 50 freebet'

a friend was allowed 2x £50 bets and then £1 max on anything

bunch of wannabes, similar to paddypower, ladbrokes, tote and a handful of other UK/IE books

brettels

they have let me go all in the last couple of bets, not sure if this will last as they have been winners, i dont get why they need risk management as its the player taking the risk, if the bookie sets a mix win payout limit then they should accept any bet to that amount. things have improved at betsafe the past 2 days so hopefully it will stay that way as i do like the site.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Risk management is just trying to maximise profitability. They don't "need it" as such, it's just they don't want you as a customer cos they think you'll beat them.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

A lot of Euro books have extremely low limits, but did they confirm your 37 dollar bet and then altered it to 4, or did they tell you the maximum stake was 4? If the former you have a complaint, but if the latter they're within their rights.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    A lot of Euro books have extremely low limits, but did they confirm your 37 dollar bet and then altered it to 4, or did they tell you the maximum stake was 4? If the former you have a complaint, but if the latter they're within their rights.
    confirmed then altered. its been ok since then though so im not complaining anymore. its still my first week betting with them so who knows what the future holds.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

it's not just them, ALL the Euro books do this
    nothing new

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

they limits arent always low, I remember last time I was there i place a 5$ bet.
    I actualy like betsafe they always have been nice and when I play with them they would let me bet 100euros in crapy games

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    confirmed then altered. its been ok since then though so im not complaining anymore. its still my first week betting with them so who knows what the future holds.
    Once they confirm the bet they shouldnt' be allowed to alter the amount. It might not be a bad idea to file an SBR complaint so that SBR can lower their rating accordingly.