Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

Concerns about Legends 1/2 Juice Promo...

Recently re-up'd at Legends which offers many good promotions including a 1/2 juice special from 12pm - 4pm on Fridays and I thought today would be a good day to get all my NFL wagers in for Sunday without laying full juice. So I log into Legends and examine the NFL board and see only 2 games from a 'side' perspective which offer -105. The remaining 9 games do not offer -105 juice. Some examples as of 1:55 EST are---> Mia -3.5 even/Det +3.5 -120 or Bills +9 -128/Pats -9 +108. Below is my chat conversation and for the record, I'm not bashing Legends but rather have some concerns about what I consider a good promo to be not that attractive at least as far as week 16 in the NFL goes. In addition, I should point out that all their totals are at -105.

Of the 12 NFL games to select from, only 2 appear to be at -105? Therefore, 10 of them do not have -105, is this correct?
    The totals look okay but the spreads are not....
    13:18:49 Joe> That's correct, if the original line is different from -110 then it will not change to -105.
    13:19:06 Joe> If you have -115 and -109 it will remain that way.
    13:19:29 Joe> Only odds which are -110 change to -105
    Hmm...So for the -105 special, only 2 out of 12 games offers -105? That does not seem like much of a special does it?
    13:20:58 Joe> If the other lines will had been -110 then the odds will be -105, but currently they are different from -110.
    I don't believe it actually says that on your site if a line is different from -110 for the special then the special will not apply does it?
    13:22:59 Joe> It says this sir : All wager types where it can be used allowed
    It's only a 4 hr window anyway, why the differentiation, why not make them all -105 or nothing?
    13:23:42 Joe> That's up to line manager discretion sir.

The final line of the chat indicates it's "up to the line manager discretion" really caused me to post this thread. My impression of this is if Legends if offering an NFL game with -110 juice then it appears this promo will come into effect but for games that are not set at -110, the promo will not apply. Not sure if this is a good way to mitigate risk or if this is just an anomaly for week 16 of the NFL.

Would like to hear from others on the forum on this if they have seen similar incidents in the previous 15 weeks at Legends or general overall thoughts.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think someone mentioned in a previous week that the same thing had happened and only 3 or 4 games were at -105.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14790

Interesting to see this happening, Statman. I remember commending Legends/PIG years ago when I first signed up with how their -108 juice was taken care of nicely - even lines that were -105 would end up as -103 and such. Guess they are having greater discretion here.

I've got to say though - the only 'side' perspective I've been thinking about since your post is the 'side' of the girl in your avatar!

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Interesting to see this happening, Statman. I remember commending Legends/PIG years ago when I first signed up with how their -108 juice was taken care of nicely - even lines that were -105 would end up as -103 and such. Guess they are having greater discretion here.

I've got to say though - the only 'side' perspective I've been thinking about since your post is the 'side' of the girl in your avatar!

Thanks Reload. Wondering out loud if the -105 special is better applied to totals since those are the same across the board at Legends for this week 16. However, if the purpose is to generate to more "action" during the 12 to 4pm "off" hours, I'm not sure it's really doing that for them but then again, I do not have access to that kind of detail internally. There were a couple of sides I was interested in playing and with the juice higher at Legends, I'm less inclined to play that game with them. Perhaps this is the advantage of being a member at more than 1 one book.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO

Logged in just now to "Legends" ready to receive the -105 lines for all the NFL games this weekend and it appears the same thing is occuring once again as my original post. All 4 games for the sides do not have -105 juice per their 1/2 juice 12pm - 4pm promo on Fridays. It appears most of the totals have -105 applied per the promo. I phoned up to see if this is an error of some kind seeing that it's happened on more than one occasion and they said the promo is only applicable if the line is originally set at -110 to begin with. So no additional savings appear to exist on any of the sides for all 4 games this weekend.

Unclear why this is occuring? 'Side' action from what I understand generates more $$ compared to 'total' action. I assume an A-rated book would want as much action as possible on each game (preferably 2-way)? Why advertise something as an incentive and not follow through with it for a 4 hour duration?