lucian
    lucian's Avatar Become A Pro!

stanjames discrimination

I made an account with StanJames, A few hours later my account is blocked.
    Dear Mr,

Thank you for your recent email.

Due to high levels of bonus abuse in the past, we no longer accept new accounts from Romanian citizens.

Kind regards,

Darren.
    But I do not wish for any bonus , I just want to bet like a normal person, because they have nice lines and reduced juice

Isn't this discrimination?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't feel it is discrimination sir. A book can pick and choose the players they want. In fact they seem to do it all the time when they cut players limits to nil. Besides, there are a lot of books that won't take ** from Romanian or Bulgaria due to that factor you mentioned above.

lucian

I see , but shouldn't be mentioned on the site somewhere, or the country removed from the country list on registration section?

what if I was to deposit after registration?

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that's pretty unfair of them, given that you don't even want the bonus. Have you tried contacting them?

lucian

Yes, I told them I do not want any bonus

Hello again Mr,
    I am afraid that the decision has been taken by our Security department, and I will not be able to re-open your account.
    Regards,
    Darren.
    Dunno, IMO this is a radical solution to stop bonus abusers. Even so, they should not credit the bonus to respective citizens not ban them all.

Sorry too unprofessional
    Last edited by lucian; 07-11-08 at 03:26 AM.

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you on this one. They sound like their being too anal here and need to wise up.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gypsies are notorious for their thievery.
    Romania is home to a large number of gypsies.

Stan James security is spot on.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Gypsies are notorious for their thievery.
    while Stan James not accepting romanian customers isn't discrimination (they also don't accept us customers for example, they can accept take who they like), the above statement definitely is discrimination...

i would like to thank betplom for making the difference clear to us with such a "smart" statement

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    while Stan James not accepting romanian customers isn't discrimination (they also don't accept us customers for example, they can accept take who they like), the above statement definitely is discrimination...

i would like to thank betplom for making the difference clear to us with such a "smart" statement
    You're welcome.

I saw the movie "Borat" and based my answer on information obtained from the movie.

Did you know that gypsy tears help prevent aids ?
    It's true, watch the movie and see for yourself.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Bookies not accepting US/turkish/etc customers is cos of the legal situation in those countries - the stanjames directories don't want to be arrested when they go on holidays.

Not accepting accounts from Romania, Indonesia etc is more to do with industrial scale bonus abuse and fraudulent credit card transactions from those countries.