highlow
    highlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Massive cull at Skybet?

Just logged in to find my account closed.

Quick google search and a couple of forums are reporting accounts being closed recently too, no reason given except that it's a "traders decision".

Only a verbal assurance from Skybet customer service that monies will be paid back.

Will have to see what happens here, but isn't it bad PR for bookmakers to close accounts completely?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Hehe, me too. Dunno why they bothered, I barely use it since they cut my limits to 1/10th normal.

It's certainly not very sensible PR for a company like Skybet to do a mass one off cull - the other media love to bash Murdoch, and you can be sure this'll be jumped on :-)

4Eigner
    4Eigner's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is. But maybe they think it does not matter having a bad PR in US. Or its just beyond their power. (Usually I Got Entire Access)....

But i know Skybet as a serious company - i think you should not be worried about a scam.

highlow
    highlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should also be noted that I had a free bet for tonight, as did many others I presume who took part in their cricket offer.

Perfect time to close a lot of accounts after you've qualified for a free bet

Serves me right for trying to liven up the dull game