ThomasT
    ThomasT's Avatar Become A Pro!

10bet withdrawal problem

Hello,

on 27.06.2008 I wanted to bet Spain on Euro 2008 final. I saw that 10Bet.com had quite good odds for Spain and I bet for Spain all together with 1353 euros. The game went as you might know - quite well for me. Suddenly I had 3241.20 euros on my account I decided to withdraw the money on 30.06.2008 to moneybookers (which I had used to deposit).

I was already wondering what is taking so long, until today I got this message:

"Dear customer,

According to 10bet rules and regulations, 10Bet may charge you up to 8%
    withdrawal fee if your deposit is not rolled over 5 times. Therefore, if
    you withdraw now, you will be charged an 2.5% withdrawal fee.
    We await your confirmation or your cancellation request.

Regards,
    10Bet CSD."

I could not believe my eyes, they want you to roll over your own deposit 5 times! What the ****! I went to see their rules about withdraw and there it says:

Withdrawal:
    Withdrawal Type: Moneybookers
    Minimum Withdrawal: 1-3 Days
    Transaction Time: 1-3 Days
    Transaction Fee: First withdrawal in each 30 day period is €1. subsequent withdrawals will be charged a 3%-8% fee.

and then, with small letters IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE is written:

10Bet may charge a withdrawal fee of up to 8% if your deposit is not rolled over 5 times.

And now they want a fee from me. I understand the rules as they are written: from the first deposit of the month they will take 1€ fee, no more no matter what. And from the second on they MAY take more up to 8% which is the maximum if the roll over requirements are not met.

So, what can I do with this bookie which is not wanting to pay my winnings unless I compensate them with 81,03 euros? Emailing with them wont do any good as they just keep on saying that a 2,5% fee may be charged.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

It's in their conditions, so nothing much you can do. The rollover requirement is totally separate from the first withdrawal/2nd withdrawal fees - not nice that they hide it down at the bottom certainly, but there's no real argument about the rules imo.

I had the same situation a few months back. Moneybookers do charge them for transactions, so that's how they pay for it.

How much is the initial deposit * 5? Hope it's not the e1353 :-(
    Last edited by HeeeHAWWWW; 07-03-08 at 10:12 AM.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

really, it might be a customer-unfriendly rule, but it has been there for some time in black and white. something that also goes for a lot of other posters with complaints on this forum, before you deposit somewhere, read the rules of the book!!!! and if there's somewhere you do not like, don't play there.

there's nothing anybody can do for your here, it's not even a valid complaint imo.

ThomasT
    ThomasT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    It's in their conditions, so nothing much you can do. The rollover requirement is totally separate from the first withdrawal/2nd withdrawal fees - not nice that they hide it down at the bottom certainly, but there's no real argument about the rules imo.

I had the same situation a few months back. Moneybookers do charge them for transactions, so that's how they pay for it.
    That's so ridiculous. 8% sounds quite much to compensate Moneybookers costs. Makes just no sense, why the rollover. I understand if they want that the initial deposit is rolled over once, but five times! Even then only the first deposit of the month would cost 1€, the rest even more. I would call that kind of proceedeng fraudlent. If they have so stupid rules, which differ so much from sensible rules, they should mention them a bit more clearly.

How much is the initial deposit * 5? Hope it's not the e1353 :-(
    Well, the initial deposit is 698€, but that does not really bring any comfort.

kamoon
    kamoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems quite obvious for me what they say in their rules:
    "First withdrawal in each 30 day period is €1. subsequent withdrawals will be charged a 3%-8% fee."
    And down below:
    "10Bet may charge a withdrawal fee of up to 8% if your deposit is not rolled over 5 times."
    For me, this is just a reminder that subsequent withdrawals may be charged up to 8% fees. It still shouldn't overrule the fact that they say first withdrawal costs 1€.

I mean why is there this text about first withdrawal costing 1€ when it's not even used? It seems like they want to deceive their customers with it.

What comes to Moneybookers charging them for withdrawals... that is obvious and bookies like 10bet need to take it into consideration long before the actual withdrawal happens. It's just another expense of business to them and the customers shouldn't have to pay for the fees. That's how most premium bookies behave anyway.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by kamoon View Post

I mean why is there this text about first withdrawal costing 1€ when it's not even used? It seems like they want to deceive their customers with it.
    ofcourse the text is used. most bettors don't just place one bet and then immediately request a withdrawal. most bettors roll over their deposit five times easy, for these majority bettors the cost is 1 euro for the first withdrawal per month.

it's quite clear to me the 2nd text overrules the 1st text in case the bettor didn't complete the rollover. again, i agree the fee is excessive and you can talk about it all you like about how bookmakers should be acting, as well as 10bet not being a premium bookie (duh), but it's of very little actual use to this complaint, which is obviously going nowhere.
    Last edited by noyb; 07-03-08 at 10:36 AM.

kamoon
    kamoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for clarifying it out noyb. I hadn't thought of it that way. That sorts it out.

I think the thread starter should just pay the fees and be happy with his/hers winnings and take this rule into consideration with possible future betting with 10bet.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by kamoon View Post
    What comes to Moneybookers charging them for withdrawals... that is obvious and bookies like 10bet need to take it into consideration long before the actual withdrawal happens. It's just another expense of business to them and the customers shouldn't have to pay for the fees.
    Sure - at least with other bookies they ask for 1x rollover, which is fair enough.

That's how most premium bookies behave anyway.
    Well, not much question 10bet aren't in that category :-)

OP: my quick hunogver mental calculation says you have 2k euros to complete the rollover. You could possibly try match that off at betfair, or dutch against another bookie, for little or no loss. Eg tonight's Swedish league, Orebro asian+0.5 @1.94, match against bet24 or 888sport for no loss.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasT View Post
    That's so ridiculous. 8% sounds quite much to compensate Moneybookers costs.

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum sir

That is ridiculous and I do concur in regards to that fee.

I know a lot of SBR posters that would be more than happy to pay that 8% right now, because they have had there funds confiscated for what they claim "unfair play".

joneyyy1981
    joneyyy1981's Avatar Become A Pro!

where?

iv just been stung by these thieves, know where in there T&C does it state you will be charged between 3-8% of your balance.

i rang them and asked well what is it 3% or 8%.

to which i got the reply we havent decided.

this comapany is a scam

joneyyy1981
    joneyyy1981's Avatar Become A Pro!

where?

iv just been stung by these thieves, know where in there T&C does it state you will be charged between 3-8% of your balance.

i rang them and asked well what is it 3% or 8%.

to which i got the reply we havent decided.

this comapany is a scam

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

They are a shady company although their LIVE betting is easily attacked. They shift the odds ages after a team scored, you can place bet after a team scored and get away with it many times.

It obviously they don't make much money, so they give ridiculous withdrawal TOCs and their juice is way too high.

OP should withdraw whether its 8% or 3.5% in this situation, stop playing with them.