bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

BETONLINE cheated me on FAB 5 promotion:

BetOnline Not Honoring “Fab 5” Promotion.

I had hoped to get this published earlier, but I have been a busy man lately…

Betonline has recently decided to not honor one of their promotions. The policy in question is their FAB 5 promotion. Fortunately I saved all chats regarding the promo. Not because I thought they would go back on their word, but I did want to save them for my own personal reference.

Anyway, the problem first began when I did not receive a FAB 5 rebate last week. I went to speak with a customer service rep (on Thursday night?) and they said they would look into my account and get me the bonus. Then on Friday afternoon (Nov 19) I went to place my weekly FAB 5 bets. When I got done, I thought I better go check to make sure I got the correct FAB 5 rebate. (FAB 5 rebates normally arrive in your account sometime on Tuesday.) Then I realized I only had JUST received $5.50 back for the FAB 5 from the previous week. This was nowhere close to what I should have received, so I went to the chat and asked the rep what the deal was.

The rep asked if I had received the e-mail, and so I checked my junk e-mail and I had just received this message.

“This is Marcela Ferrari from BetOnlinel.com
    Upong reviewing your account, my supervisor informed me that the wagers on which you bought points, will not qualify for this Promotion.”

I explained that I was told the rebate still applied when buying points, and Lars told me that the managers already decided the ruling was final. I told him to check the chat I had on October 29 with Sophia. Then he said….
    Lars: Ok, let's do this. Come back in one hour, we'll have an answer for you about this, and you're right about what Sophia told you on oct. 29

So I thought they would probably be reasonable. I told him that I understand a book can change their policy whenever they want, but that I expected all my bets from last week to receive the FAB 5 since there was no rule that said players could not buy points. I told him I also expected my bets from this week to be honored with the FAB 5 as well. I expected this because I had placed every one of those bets before I received any e-mail notifying me differently, and before this entire conversation occurred. He asked me to come back in an hour…so I did.

When I returned, I was informed that management was standing firm next to their final decision. I told Lars I would be telling SBR about this, and opening a dispute. (I am not sure why Betonline would be OK with me posting this over maybe 100 bucks at most.) I told him I understood that it wasn’t decision, and I thanked him.
    So here I am telling you all. Just a little background info:

On October 29th Sophia explained the rebate to me. Here’s an excerpt:

me: so if i buy some points, i get the rebate on those too?
    Sophia: As per the terms and conditions :All point buying rules still apply: $.20 cents on or off of 3, and $.10 for any other number.
    me: ok, so what if i buy a point and have -130 juice
    me: and it loses
    me: how much do i get back if i risked 130 to win 100
    Sophia: Let me verify this for you
    me: thanks
    Sophia: Thank you.
    Sophia: I just confirmed this info, and we will only give you 5% of the amount you risked, as cash.
    me: so i would receive a 6.50 rebate
    Sophia: Correct, you are entitle to receive 5% rebate.

It’s pretty clear what the rule was, and she definitely appeared to have checked with management. I didn’t come up with the rule, THEY DID! And I expect them to honor it.

Also, within a couple hours of the chat, BETONLINE decided to officially change the rules posted on their site. I was wondering how they could leave such wording up, so I kept checking on my phone, and then there it was…11 rules went to 9.

Here’s a copy of the old rules taken down Nov 19th sometime in the afternoon:

Terms and conditions for the Fab Five:
    1. The promotion: Five hours of 50% reduced juice on College and Pro football every Friday afternoon between the hours of 13:00 through 18:00 EST. Meaning you get -105 juice where you’d typically get -110!
    2. 50% Reduced juice is only valid on NFL sides, NFL totals and NCAAF sides.
    3. Maximum wager limit per bet type, per game is win/wager $2000.00.
    4. Free play credits may not be used to wager on the reduced juice events during the hours of this promotion. If it is found that free play credits have been used, any wagers placed with the funds will be unquestionably voided and deleted, and the free play credits removed from the account holder which has placed the wager.
    5. Lines/odds may still appear to be at full juice odds until they are selected and distributed into the betting ticket/wager slip, it is here the reduction in juice applies.
    6. All point buying rules still apply: $.20 cents on or off of 3, and $.10 for any other number.
    7. This promotion is available only to BetOnline players in good standing.
    8. This promotion is not valid in combination with any other reduced juice offer.
    9. BetOnline reserves the right to alter or amend the terms and conditions of this promotion without notice.
    10. Promotional period: This promotion is valid during NFL preseason and regular NFL season. Postseason is excluded from this promotional period. Eligible bets are those placed and graded during the promotional period.
    11. This promotion is not valid in combination with any other reduced juice offer or for players on a reduced juice package.

It’s still available as a cached page on google: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Their new rules are still up, but notice the difference.

Terms and conditions for the Fab Five:
    1. The promotion: Five hours of 50% reduced juice on College and Pro football every Friday afternoon between the hours of 13:00 through 18:00 EST. Meaning you get -105 juice where you’d typically get -110!
    2. The five percent cash rebate for all qualifying losing bets will be credited to your account on Tuesdays.
    3. 50% Reduced juice is only valid on NFL sides, NFL totals and NCAAF sides. Parlays, teasers or point buying are not permitted.
    4. Maximum wager limit per bet type, per game is win/wager $2000.00.
    5. Free play credits may not be used to wager on the reduced juice events during the hours of this promotion. If it is found that free play credits have been used, any wagers placed with the funds will be unquestionably voided and deleted, and the free play credits removed from the account holder which has placed the wager.
    6. This promotion is available only to BetOnline players in good standing.
    7. BetOnline reserves the right to alter or amend the terms and conditions of this promotion without notice.
    8. Promotional period: This promotion is valid during NFL preseason and regular NFL season. Postseason is excluded from this promotional period. Eligible bets are those placed and graded during the promotional period.
    9. This promotion is not valid in combination with any other reduced juice offer or for players on a reduced juice package.

These current/new rules up at: http://www.betonline.com/landingpage.../fab-five.html

In conclusion, I totally understand changing rules, but please honor the rules you have before you change them. I’m sure I’m not the only person who got taken by BETONLINE on the FAB 5. Treat your customers better, BETONLINE. I’m not even a winning player at your book. I have lost a lot of respect for BETONLINE.

bigugly

Nobody else participate in this and have bought points on Friday afternoons?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

bigugly,

I have your complaint. If there are no other relevant facts, I agree with your analysis. Let me contact them and try to sort this out.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

i assume they screwed me too then.

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I believe that betonline will give you your money. Gl pal!

BetOnline
    BetOnline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7835

Guys

Justin thanks for flagging this for me. I'm am ON this.

We had some challenges with the software (surprise surprise) calculating the rebate hence they were delayed.
    But completely agree with BigUgly and will have sorted to everyone's satisfaction ASAP.

Cheers

Alex

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Alex is the man........ One of the best reasons to play at Betonline is knowing that he will assist in resolving issues.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    Alex is the man........ One of the best reasons to play at Betonline is knowing that he will assist in resolving issues.
    Ya I like seeing this. I will definitely be signing up there soon and this is one of the reasons why. Great PR to have a representative who is active here

After playing at wsux for the last few years customer service has become such a huge deal for me when considering books.

Believe it or not its now more important to me than lines, juice, software and promotions because it has been a absolute nightmare playing at wsux! The customer service there has been so unreasonable and its so freakin stressful that makes all the other things secondary to me for now.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Its been fixed.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

BetOnline told me that they are taking care of this for everyone, not just those that contacted them.

If you were affected by this and are not fully credited, email me. Let's give them until Sunday if you have an issue, then we'll escalate your problem if it still persists.

Actionbrett
    Actionbrett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3593

I wouldnt deposit at that shit book with someone elses money. I am glad to see the problem was worked out though.

bigugly

Alex, I PM'd you back.

Also I am wondering if this means we will continue to receive 5% back on losses when buying points.