hockey07
    hockey07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Question about running a book

Please don't give me the responses like you are an idiot and so on. I am a U.S. citizen living in germany for work and will probably be working in germany for a while. Is it against the U.S. law for me to run a PPH book from germany. It will be a credit book and I do have people very close to me collecting for me at home. Small time operation, about 20-30 people max. I know betting on sports is illegal in the U.S. outside of vegas and few other places now, but was wondering if the PPH book was in Costa Rica and I was actually running the operation from germany, if it was legal. I will only have local U.S. players from my home town. What do you guys think.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by hockey07 View Post
    Please don't give me the responses like you are an idiot and so on. I am a U.S. citizen living in germany for work and will probably be working in germany for a while. Is it against the U.S. law for me to run a PPH book from germany. It will be a credit book and I do have people very close to me collecting for me at home. Small time operation, about 20-30 people max. I know betting on sports is illegal in the U.S. outside of vegas and few other places now, but was wondering if the PPH book was in Costa Rica and I was actually running the operation from germany, if it was legal. I will only have local U.S. players from my home town. What do you guys think.
    If your PPH site takes bets from anyone located in the U.S., it is against the law. Costa Rica, Germany, or New York. If you take a bet from someone in the U.S., you risk prosecution if you ever step foot in the U.S. again.

PPH does add a twist. You're not the one responsible for the bet, or paying the player... but it is close enough, I suspect they could nab you.

hockey07

thanks a lot justin, couldn't have got a response from a guy with more knowledge. Thanks

hockey07

justin, or anyone else, i have been looking for a reputable pph site. It seems BetEagle.com may be the best. Anyone have any suggestions. I know JJ said beteagle was the best but that was a while ago. Are they still the gold standard? Thanks for the help

hockey07

to add to that, i've called a bunch and got price quotes and have done my homework but obviously these companies all have decent sales pitches, thats why im asking if anyone has experience. If you do, PM me please

hockey07

wow nobody knows?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

anyone who does know isnt going to speak about it in an open forum

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO