1. #1
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    BetCarib Cheating On Transaction Fees

    BetCarib just charged me 1% to withdraw to *********** after promising at post-up that the method was free to send and receive. There is no mention of any applicable fees anywhere on the site.

    This is a bait-and-switch tactic and arbitrary hidden tax for winning players. Bleeding clients through exorbitant added fees is the book's prerogative, however these costs must be transparent.

  2. #2
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Did they put it in writing Mr.Ricky ?

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  3. #3
    Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 10,880
    Betpoints: 10677

    Ricky,
    Can you send me an email that is appropriate to forward to Carib? We will check it out.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  4. #4
    JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-07
    Posts: 3,816
    Betpoints: 233

    I think transactions fees are really going to be built in as a permanent fixture in the industry. It costs money to move money, no one is processing for free, that too has become a lucrative business.

    Carib is a good book, kind of guys that would make it right if it was really wrong. Good luck with that.

  5. #5
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Did they put it in writing Mr.Ricky ?
    It was over the phone. I assume they record all conversations like most books.

  6. #6
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    I think transactions fees are really going to be built in as a permanent fixture in the industry. It costs money to move money, no one is processing for free, that too has become a lucrative business.

    Carib is a good book, kind of guys that would make it right if it was really wrong. Good luck with that.
    Transaction fees are fine. Lying and imposing them as a penalty aren't. Furthermore, this particular payment method incurs no cost to them if I understand correctly. This is nothing more than a shakedown.

  7. #7
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    It was over the phone. I assume they record all conversations like most books.
    I would assume they do as well Mr.Ricky. However, the reason I was originally asking was because I would have liked to see the context regarding the matter.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  8. #8
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I would assume they do as well Mr.Ricky. However, the reason I was originally asking was because I would have liked to see the context regarding the matter.
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Before the baseball season I called them about re-upping. They explained the available deposit and withdrawal methods. I was told *********** was free, both incoming and outgoing, as is true at every book I've used it.

    Now it's a few months later and I've built a balance. All of a sudden they're stealing 1% to withdraw using a method which, from my understanding, costs nothing for them to use. More importantly, they assured me it was free before I deposited.

  9. #9
    Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 10,880
    Betpoints: 10677

    RS,

    The credit should be in your Carib account now.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  10. #10
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 20,877
    Betpoints: 2085

    Carib seems to have gone down the past year Used to like this book alot.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  11. #11
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    RS,

    The credit should be in your Carib account now.
    Thanks, I finally received the refund of the money they took.

    There is still no disclosure of any fees for *********** on Carib's site. VIP and Intertops both charge nothing to send or receive with this method, yet have normal fees otherwise. Maybe those books are just extremely generous, Carib's post-up promise of no fees was an earnest mistake, and they aren't simply stealing 1% from winners because they feel like it. It could happen.

  12. #12
    Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 561
    Betpoints: 1599

    They did the same thing to me with my last few Neteller withdrawals, back in the waning days of Neteller.

    They charged me double or triple what their posted fees were ($45 instead of $15, I think) ... funny thing was, when I asked them why I was charged more than the posted rate, they admitted that it was because I had won money from them, and more or less said "tough shit".

    I'm not even sure I was up lifetime with them ... I know I was up quite a bit in the 6 months prior, but I lost quite a bit there in the previous 2 or 3 years, so I might have actually been down money lifetime.
    Last edited by Halifax; 06-18-08 at 11:42 PM.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  13. #13
    Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 10,880
    Betpoints: 10677

    It remains a strong book but they need to pay more attention to detail like they have in the past and be consistent. There should be something on the site about the potential fee soon.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  14. #14
    Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 10,880
    Betpoints: 10677

    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    They did the same thing to me with my last few Neteller withdrawals, back in the waning days of Neteller.

    They charged me double or triple what their posted fees were ($45 instead of $15, I think) ... funny thing was, when I asked them why I was charged more than the posted rate, they admitted that it was because I had won money from them, and more or less said "tough shit".
    Hali,

    Was this discussed?

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  15. #15
    Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 561
    Betpoints: 1599

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Hali,

    Was this discussed?
    Was what discussed, and with whom ?

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  16. #16
    Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 561
    Betpoints: 1599

    You mean did I discuss it with Carib ? Yes, I talked to a supervisor for about 5 minutes, but got nowhere ... she basically said "tough shit" as I mentioned earlier.

    So I just decided to grin and bear it at that point. Sure, I could have taken it up the ladder with management or taken it to SBR, but I feared that I might end up winning the battle but losing the war ... I likely would have got a refund of my fees if I pressed the issue, but likely would have also got my limits slashed, or got booted, or something along those lines.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  17. #17
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    You mean did I discuss it with Carib ? Yes, I talked to a supervisor for about 5 minutes, but got nowhere ... she basically said "tough shit" as I mentioned earlier.

    So I just decided to grin and bear it at that point. Sure, I could have taken it up the ladder with management or taken it to SBR, but I feared that I might end up winning the battle but losing the war ... I likely would have got a refund of my fees if I pressed the issue, but likely would have also got my limits slashed, or got booted, or something along those lines.
    I would have done the same thing. I only went public because my account is already collared.

  18. #18
    Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 10,880
    Betpoints: 10677

    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    You mean did I discuss it with Carib ? Yes, I talked to a supervisor for about 5 minutes, but got nowhere ... she basically said "tough shit" as I mentioned earlier.

    So I just decided to grin and bear it at that point. Sure, I could have taken it up the ladder with management or taken it to SBR, but I feared that I might end up winning the battle but losing the war ... I likely would have got a refund of my fees if I pressed the issue, but likely would have also got my limits slashed, or got booted, or something along those lines.
    Right, I meant did we discuss it or hear about it here... It didn't sound familiar.

    There is that risk of being considered high maintenance or bringing what they deem to be sharp action to their attention. Good feedback regardless.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005


  19. #19
    2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-12-07
    Posts: 1,474

    Look up "bait-and-switch".

    This is bullshit, but it wasn't bait and switch.

  20. #20
    RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-31-06
    Posts: 3,422
    Betpoints: 186

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Pac View Post
    Look up "bait-and-switch".

    This is bullshit, but it wasn't bait and switch.
    OK, it's plain old fraud. Do you feel better?

  21. #21
    THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-16-07
    Posts: 1,491
    Betpoints: 8882

    This surprises me a bit. I have been using them for 7 years + and don't have any complaints yet. And their customer service, in that time, has been excellent.

Top