RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be very careful when placing bets at parlaymakers!

FWIW.,.. This is what recently happened to me while placing a bet on parlaymakers (An email I sent to there CS):

Hi

My account is ******. My name is Richard George.

I have two accounts with GP as I have two methods of payment and I like to use them seperately. My other account is ****** and I have made over 2,000 dollars worth of wagers with you guys and have probably transferred close to 5000 dollars using GP. I have been nothing but supporative of parlaymakers and never once have I ever had a problem with you guys.. you grade wagers slowly at times, but that has been my only complaint and i have often gone out of my way to support you guys on forums.

Having said all that... I have never been so annoyed before. I went to make a bet on the Tipsaveric/Kunitsyn match minutes before the match started. I made a bet on the Under 23, juiced at -131. I was tried to wager 92.50 but it said I didn'/t have the right amount so I changed it to 92.00 and it said the payout would be $70.23. I hit submit bet... and It asked me it this is correct... I hit yes and went on with my way.

I came home to see if the bet was graded.... it wasn't... but i put my mouse over and ALL of a sudden, it says Over 23 +119... 92.00 to win 100 and change. I thought thsi couldnt be right because I know for 100% certain that I took the juiced under at -131. All this time I never even looked at the score

I then went on live chat and talked to him about it... he told me that the match just ended and it lost.... So I never even knew the damn result until afterewards.

I even did a writeup that I emailed to my friends on facebook who pay me for my picks:

Richard George
    October 26 at 10:41am

Cancel what i said about the Celtics tonight..... I'm not sure I'm gonna play it now.

Here's a tennis play that I love that starts at 11am.... gl

Tipsaveric/Kunitsyn UNDER 23 -130 (2 Units)

Tipsaveric is a stud and has one of the most underrated serves in tennis. 11 out of his last 12 and 15 out of thte last 18 matches have gone under the total of 23 so he is not big on marathon matches…. He’s hit or miss and if how he plays for the first set is an indication of how the rest of the match is gonna go.
    Kunitsyn is just played the tournament of his life and made it to the final 16. He is a good opponent and is also not big on long matches…. Only 2 out of his last 18 matches have gone over 23 points.
    Both players past records are a good indication of whats going to happen today in Russia. Its goinbg to be a quick matchup and whoever wins the first set will win the 2nd set easily. GL Everyone.

I've never seen a mistake like this before and I have been wagering for yours online... Ive had one problem on all of SBR in the 3+ years that ive been there and that was with a book that screwed me out of 3000 dolalrs on a horse bet (paid off $8000 when it should have been $11000.... And i was right and i got the money back). So i'm not exactly known as a shot taker or anyhting like that.

I want to see your reply BEFORE I go to SBR about this.... I just dont think its right that I am getting screwed this bad.

Please get back to me...

- Richard George

They gave me a 50 dollar FP.. .but thats it and I don't think thats nearly good enough... not when I got screwed out of 160 dollars. The freeplay they gave me was for a straight bet and had to be used within 24 hours... I feel disrespected and they have stopped answering mny emails. I was really hoping Max woudl take care of this, but I havent even heard back from him at all.

Very unprofessional.. I am 150% certain about what it said when I placed the bet. I do this for a living and Ive NEVER had this problem before.

Im going to file a complaint with SBR today... not sure what they will be able to do about it.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20483

ALWAYS take screenshots of your bets

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow that really sucks

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to hear this. But it happens to everyone in the end, even those who "do it for a living". Trust me! Do as Hareeba says and always take a screenshot.

RichardGeorge

i usually do but u have to understand that i am a verry high volume player so yes there are times that i dont of course its this time that i ont that it bites me in the ass

also pm dont exactly have a normal confirmation screen it just has a popup yes or no button dont have to enter password or anything. And it doesnt even show your bet afterwards..... so when the site is slow like it was that day i dont go out oiif my way to verify the bet.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope this leads to a better confirmation screen which shows the completed bet to player. Easy enough fix for them I would think.

RichardGeorge

The surprising thing to me is how its been handled... or should i say.. HASNT been handled.... by Max. This is someone who seems like a great guy and definitely seems to want the best out of his company... He's on here every single day giving publicity to them, by saying how great they are, etc. but he doesn't even reply to my email at all.... I have now emailed them a total of 7 times since Tuesday morning.... I've gotten 2 very short replies and they've ignored my last 4.

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGeorge View Post
    The surprising thing to me is how its been handled... or should i say.. HASNT been handled.... by Max. This is someone who seems like a great guy and definitely seems to want the best out of his company... He's on here every single day giving publicity to them, by saying how great they are, etc. but he doesn't even reply to my email at all.... I have now emailed them a total of 7 times since Tuesday morning.... I've gotten 2 very short replies and they've ignored my last 4.
    We did investigate your original email. We didn't find any wager as you described. The only wager you had in your account was the over in this case. I had the tech guys look and see if there was some way the system could have flip flopped your wager and they said there was not. So we said barring evidence that there was a technical error we would have to let the wager stand. As a gesture of goodwill and because we appreciate your business we gave you a $50 freeplay which you used.

As far as confirmation screen goes, when your wager is confirmed it takes you to a screen that shows your wager, there is a print button on that screen if you want to print it out. We also send an email confirming the wager being placed and of course it is listed in your account.

For email responses, we responded to your original email and responded to your request for a higher freeplay saying we thought $50 was sufficient.

We always appreciate our customers business and take their complaints seriously. We know we are not perfect. I do think we have acted fairly in this case.

RichardGeorge

Max, seriously?

Fair?

I placed a 91 dollar bet on a -131 under.... Thats 162 dollars that I should have in my account.

Instead, you give me a damn 50 dollar freeplay... that I HAD to use within 24 hours... and can only use on straight bets.

Yeah... thats very fair.

You don't think there's anyway that your perfect system made a mistake? You know.. the one that was down all morning that morning.... It took me 10 minutes to logon... but yes, you tech team doesn't see a problem.

Remember... this is the same software that takes live bets one minute... but then won't take it on the same line 1 minute later.

This is the biggest joke I've ever seen... I had 1000 dollars on the under combined on two other sites.... but yet, I knowingly bet the over for 92 dollars on your site? Max, really?

RichardGeorge

I filed an official complaint with SBR.... Eager to hear back.

Hareeba!

I filed an official complaint with SBR.... Eager to hear back.
    as much as we all may believe you are sure what your bet was the fact is that without any evidence on your side you are just wasting your and SBR's time pursuing this

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well it will probably not take much time for them to research it and get the facts straight. I am sure that some people have doubts about PM after reading this thread, thinking it is possible that something is faulty with their software, so it would be good for everyone that someone looks in to it and gets everything out in to the open.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    Well it will probably not take much time for them to research it and get the facts straight. I am sure that some people have doubts about PM after reading this thread, thinking it is possible that something is faulty with their software, so it would be good for everyone that someone looks in to it and gets everything out in to the open.
    so SBR have software engineers who they can send it to audit PM's systems?

RichardGeorge

If nothing else, maybe people will see how Max treats one of his most loyal customers. I mean, jesus christ... I've given this guy & GP sooo much business.... you'd think they'd be a little more appreciative and maybe give me a little more respect.

Its insulting to me that he thinks 50 dollar freeplay (which cant be used on parlay.. and had no choice but to use it within 24 hrs WTF) is gonna shut me up about this. A little loyalty in this business goes along way, and I've shown them a ton over the last 6 months.

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

If nothing else, maybe people will see how Max treats one of his most loyal customers. I mean, jesus christ... I've given this guy & GP sooo much business.... you'd think they'd be a little more appreciative and maybe give me a little more respect.

Its insulting to me that he thinks 50 dollar freeplay (which cant be used on parlay.. and had no choice but to use it within 24 hrs WTF) is gonna shut me up about this. A little loyalty in this business goes along way, and I've shown them a ton over the last 6 months.
    I thought we were pretty fair. Without any evidence other than you saying that the wager was incorrect we gave you a $50 freeplay. I sincerely doubt any other book would do that. We are happy to let SBR arbitrate on this matter and per our policy we will abide by that decision.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

for a self-proclaimed highroller those few dollars won't make any difference. the chance you ****** up a bet by miss-clicking (something we all do a few times at some point in our betting careers) is a whole lot bigger than the chance one out of so many bets was randomly and freakishly registered the wrong way by their system. you have no proof and i would not expect PM to compensate you regardless of whatever business you have gave them in the past. just move on.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

I was charged twice for a bet today.

When I contacted CS they just told me there was no record of it. I replied to say it shows 2 payments for the same reference number in GP but was ignored.

Don't care about the money as it was only a tiny bet, but it is discouraging to see a site with so many technical issues taking a "that isn't possible" stand in both cases. I must have run into half a dozen bugs during the short time I've been trying it out.

RichardGeorge

SBR... You can delete this thread.

Me and Max had a conversation and we came to an agreement. I agree that it probably was my fault and Max agreed to compensate a little for it. Like I told Max, I'm down 5 figures since the beginning of August.. so I'm not exactly in a great state of mind right now... so maybe i did things a little too quick.. I don't know... Either way, Max handled it professionally, and I will continue playing there.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Little money to shut up fixed the case nice....