alalha
    alalha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2824

Has anyone had a check being hold by their bank for 45 days? 5dimes payout

I received a check of $3000 from 5dimes (it was my first check withdrawal). I deposited the check and the next business I tried to use my checkcard and found out that it was blocked. I called my bank (PNC) and asked why. They told me that my account is on hold because of the recent international check deposit that I made. I asked why the check is not clearing and they told me that they had a lot of scam checks from Canadian bank recently and fraud department is being cautious. They initially told me to wait 5 business days because they wanted to contact (phone calls and letters) and wait for the answer. However the bank that 5dimes used to send the check told them that they can't release their customers info without the request of their customers.

So they told me to contact the sender and ask the sender for their banks contact where they can verify the availability of the funds. Otherwise they
    told me that I have to wait 45 business
    days just to find out if the check is good or not. The lady who actually placed a hold was so skeptical and kept on
    asking me why I got the check from
    canada. So I told 5dimes exactly what I
    was told that I needed them to contact
    their check processor to provide me with their bank contact where my bank can call to verify the funds to clear the check. After waiting a day, they told me that since they are a gambling site that they can't provide their bank contacts. However they told them that the processor would call their bank to call my bank to verify the funds. It has been 4 business days and my bank still hasn't gotten the call and my account is still on hold. Has anyone had this happened to them? What should I do? It seems like 5dimes won't call their bank to call my bank. All they are telling me is to wait. I don't want to go without my checking account for 45 business days.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

same thing happen to me with a betjam check. bank told me 45-60 days since 95 % of their canadian checks were frauds. i called betjam got the phone number to the processer in toronto. my bank called and verified but still told me it would be 45 days. they asked me were it was from and i told them i cashed out a retirement from canada. i finally just sent the check back to betjam and had them send me a different check that was from BkofAma in jamaica. i was able to take it to a local BkofAma and cash it. I had a local bank in colorado and had been in good standing with them for over 2 years but they just told me checks from canada are usually bad and it takes 20 days for the check to get to the cananda side then another 10 days just to get back to the u.s processer. then another 10-15 to get back to the bank. thats why i just dont deal with checks anymore screw the free payout i will just pay for ** or **

alalha

What should i tell my bank to get the check back? Will they let me?

thepig
    thepig's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a long time. Never had any check held for more than a few days.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive never had any problem with a greek check or bet jam check. always cleared and in acct next day. they were canadian checks also

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your bank can't do that. They can't hold a check for 45 days. They can hold it for a max of 10 business days. If they're telling you that, they're lying, call them on it

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

that sucks, id stick with wires for larger amounts, and **, ** for smaller amounts. which bank ? btw

richb7a
    richb7a's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes check i deposited intd bank went right in td parent is a canadiend bank, this was a few months

jpowderly
    I have alzheimer's disease
    jpowderly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

cashed a check for 2k from Betjamacia, no hold put on the check

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have had them hold other offshore checks and the longest is 30 days, but what you do is deposit the check and wait it out. thats the beauty of playing offshore.

richb7a

do you need swift code for wires from 5dimes into the us. td bank accepted 5dimes check as cash a few months ago

alalha

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    Your bank can't do that. They can't hold a check for 45 days. They can hold it for a max of 10 business days. If they're telling you that, they're lying, call them on it
    Like some posters mentioned some banks do have that policy for international checks especially Canadian checks because a lot of those are associated with frauds. I already mentioned my unpleasant
    feelings to my bank but they are suspicious as hell and won't clear the check until they can verify the availability with the bank. My bank is PNC bank.

alalha

What my bank is saying is that why is it so hard to call their bank and ask for them to verify the funds. They are getting more and more suspicious because it's becoming more and more obvious that the sender doesnt want to cooperate.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Demand the check be returned to you at once, and let the bank manager know that you are going to switch your account to a different bank, and do so.
    The only problem with this is that the first transaction in a new account normally has a longer hold on it than usual.

I believe there are regulations re: the max time a bank can put a hold on a check. Perhaps the regulations are only for USA checks - google it and find out.

Holding it for 45 days is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Scooter; 10-24-10 at 01:03 AM.

richb7a

i agree, i wish everyone a nice weekend

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

If it is a FRAUD investigation, they might be able to hold it longer.

I think that is what is going on with this.

If it's not a FRAUD situation, you are right, though. They recently passed new rules on that in the banking reforms.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

30 day holds are normal for international checks, never heard of 45-60, it shouldn't take that long to see if the funds are there and you are the person it is being paid to

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never ever take a check. I know the tight ass MF's on here take them just so they dont have to pay fees. But the paper trail it leaves isnt worth it.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isn't the money available to you right away? Whenever i cash a check, the funds are available the next day

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Here, transaction of check takes 20-25 days (and it arrives in 10-12 days usually) if it's an international cheque. Never had a problem with Matchbook, Betjam, TheGreek checks so far but I don't know about 5Dimes.

richb7a

have anyone taken a wire from five dimes instead of check without a problem

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

pretty standard procedure in my experience
    cheques from overseas all always 30 days clearance

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Never ever take a check. I know the tight ass MF's on here take them just so they dont have to pay fees. But the paper trail it leaves isnt worth it.
    Those of us who pay our taxes don't worry about paper trails.

As for the main topic, I've never had a hold put on a Canadian check and I've deposited plenty of them from the books mentioned in this thread.

SkivChef
    SkivChef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Deposit that through the atm next time and u should have no problems!

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    If it is a FRAUD investigation, they might be able to hold it longer.

I think that is what is going on with this.

If it's not a FRAUD situation, you are right, though. They recently passed new rules on that in the banking reforms.
    This is correct, I agree.. If its a fraud investigation they absolutely have the right to do this. My original response was in regards to simply holding a check for 45 days, but federal law, they cannot do that

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Those of us who pay our taxes don't worry about paper trails. As for the main topic, I've never had a hold put on a Canadian check and I've deposited plenty of them from the books mentioned in this thread.
    I talked to a bank manager, and heard from some pro poker players, that said that many banks give Canadian banks domestic "status" in the USA as opposed to international.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

That's not true, I've had holds longer than ten days. I also had a check from a microgaming poker site reversed two weeks after it cleared and put my account balance into negative territory. They said a check can bounce at any time, I was shocked and said so checks are basically worthless the bank teller had no response other than their is no time frame for when a check can bounce.

But I don't think they can freeze your entire bank account, just a hold on the funds from the check. So not like you can't use your account, just can't access the funds from the check until it clears.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

10 days is the most i've had, this at the top 2 banks in the us and both times the checks were canadian. 45 days is pretty extreme.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Get a new bank.

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

my bank closes accounts if online gambling activity is suspected. a**holes.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

change the bank....

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

no not that long. That is awhile.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

has anyone ever had a problem with chase bank?

how bout getting the *************** (ECHEK) from 5dimes as opposed to the paper check - could the same problem arise even though one way is electronic and the other is paper?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I have no clue if the bank puts a hold on my checks or not that I receive from my book. I have money in my account to cover it so it never even crossed my mind before.

PrinceUSA
    PrinceUSA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    has anyone ever had a problem with chase bank?

how bout getting the *************** (ECHEK) from 5dimes as opposed to the paper check - could the same problem arise even though one way is electronic and the other is paper?

So is the *************** you are referring to, the *************** withdrawal option on 5dimes site?

12 Last