sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

nobody's saying Matchbook should be your ONLY book but, it definitely should be one of your books.

Matchbook A+

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is a fckn interesting post.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchbook need to be bought out by a big major firm that knows what they are doing and knows how to run an exchange and market it correct, under current ownership it is going nowhere, they just do not have a clue what it is all about.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have seen your videos, there is zero chance that you know what you are talking about. you are nothing more than an offer shore acct manager, soliciting $50.00 deposits.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is usually nothing happening on MB till the big fishes, pinny/other books or god knows who else, throw in those 10k+ amounts.
    Fishhead where are those 2300 posters that wager 2k on markets like the NHL?
    Even the NFL has not much going on right now, and games are in hmm 8? hours, books like Pinny prolly have 30k limits or something like that already.

Giants +3.5: -114 50$ -116 133$ -118 1770$
    Cowgirls -3.5: +112 89$ +111 149$ +110 200$

So don't tell me MB is all you need.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

you don't have to just accept wagers, whatever you want to wager , put the amount down , and someone else will match it , unless you are betting 150k , i think you will find someone to match your bet

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The reason people don't put up offers early is that they'll ONLY be taken when the bet is no longer good (vs the market).

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    The reason people don't put up offers early is that they'll ONLY be taken when the bet is no longer good (vs the market).
    This, so the system basically doesn't work, and offers only get matched when no value is in it.
    Not saying MB is bad or anything, i really like them, but this place is perfect to make you loose more money if you are not very careful...

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    This I think is one of the major flaws with MB. If you are just a recreational bettor you dont want to put up an offer and either monitor it all the time or find you are always getting the worst of it when it does get accepted. By design, most recreational bettors are put off by the MB design certainly for making offers and since the liquidity is hit or miss I think also for placing wagers. Most recreational bettors don't want to be dependent on whether or not they can get a wager in. A guy leaving for a trip on Friday doesn't want to not be able to wager because MB doesnt have liquidity on the NFL until Sunday.

Having said that, rec bettors might be 80% of the players but 20% of the money. So what you have at MB is basically professional palyers/books making late offers in hopes the rec players show up or some other sharp needs to lay off. Couple this with extending lots of credit has created I think long term growth problems for MB. I have known about them for a couple years and that site has barely added any additional features or made any enhancements.

I am confident the Parlaymakers exchange has the right design that addresses a lot of the above issues. Still a ways to go to be there size but we are in the right spot with the right model.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Max009 View Post

I am confident the Parlaymakers exchange has the right design that addresses a lot of the above issues. Still a ways to go to be there size but we are in the right spot with the right model.
    It was not all that intuitive when I tried using it. Ok, I only tried for a few minutes but it did not make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't think the CS guy I spoke to knew how to explain it either as he said he would get me in touch with a supervisor or something, but he just left and I never heard anything.

Will try again later, but it was now how I imagined it when I read this "The only difference will be that if there are some exchange offers available then you will always get those better offers first. Lines that have additional exchange offers will be highlighted and you will be able to see what possible lower prices may be available." on your site. I wanted the +150 line on the giants that was available on matchbook but could not place it. Maybe I did when I was fumbling around, but I could not get any confirmation of it anyway.

Edit - logged in again now and it looks a bit different now than it did yesterday. Maybe There are now some yellow lines available,, maybe indicating some type of exchange offer is available. That was not there last night.
    Last edited by Chopsticks; 10-24-10 at 01:43 PM.

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    It was not all that intuitive when I tried using it. Ok, I only tried for a few minutes but it did not make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't think the CS guy I spoke to knew how to explain it either as he said he would get me in touch with a supervisor or something, but he just left and I never heard anything.

Will try again later, but it was now how I imagined it when I read this "The only difference will be that if there are some exchange offers available then you will always get those better offers first. Lines that have additional exchange offers will be highlighted and you will be able to see what possible lower prices may be available." on your site. I wanted the +150 line on the giants that was available on matchbook but could not place it. Maybe I did when I was fumbling around, but I could not get any confirmation of it anyway.

Edit - logged in again now and it looks a bit different now than it did yesterday. Maybe There are now some yellow lines available,, maybe indicating some type of exchange offer is available. That was not there last night.
    If you are just wanting to place a wager it is basically no change. The basic Parlaymakers line is always available. If a line is highlighted in yellow then there are additional better exchange offers on that line. Just select the line like normal and you will always get the exchange offers first. If you wanted to use our guarantee, then you just contact live chat...say hey MB has X line at +150 and I want you guys to beat it...we will check it out and then put up a better offer on that line which will appear as an additional exchange offer on that base line so it would then be highlighted and have the guarantee you requested as the offer.

Bottom line to accept exchange offers you dont have to do anything differrent than placing a normal wager.

First 123