Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

Greek does limit and when you call in they hear what you want, how much you want, think about who you are, look around at the screen and decide how much to fill you for.

richb7a
    richb7a's Avatar Become A Pro!

pinnacle does not allow us accounts. Who is a fed? I would love to abolish the federal reserve

peterd78
    peterd78's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to work for a big Euro book and can say that in their case it's definitely not just about profit. I have seen accounts up hundreds of thousands that have been limited up so they can bet more than the standard amount, in other words give those profits back quicker. I have also seen losing accounts limited to 1% of the standard bet beacuse the risk department believes they won't keep losing.
    There are many factors in their decision to limit, certainly arbing is something they really don't like and you will be limited within a couple of bets if they think that's what you're up to. In general they look for patterns in your betting behaviour, if they think you're getting on in god spots you'll be limited down regardless of profit / loss and vice versa.

I have never used a US book, I find them very hard to navigate but I'm very surprised to read on here that many don't limit or close accounts, the Euro books love to do it and if it's not illegal then it seems foolish not to do it.
    After all it wasn't it vegas that started it all by banning winners.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by peterd78 View Post
    I used to work for a big Euro book and can say that in their case it's definitely not just about profit. I have seen accounts up hundreds of thousands that have been limited up so they can bet more than the standard amount, in other words give those profits back quicker. I have also seen losing accounts limited to 1% of the standard bet beacuse the risk department believes they won't keep losing.
    There are many factors in their decision to limit, certainly arbing is something they really don't like and you will be limited within a couple of bets if they think that's what you're up to. In general they look for patterns in your betting behaviour, if they think you're getting on in god spots you'll be limited down regardless of profit / loss and vice versa.
    agree, that's consistent with my experiences
    pretty sure that if you are sniping the best prices they virtually regard you as an arber (which I'm not) but to them I suppose it has the same effect

I have never used a US book, I find them very hard to navigate but I'm very surprised to read on here that many don't limit or close accounts, the Euro books love to do it and if it's not illegal then it seems foolish not to do it.
    if by US books you mean the Caribbean etc, they mostly will limit or even kick you out with the exception of Pinnacle and if you haven't got an account there you're just not serious about your betting

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Pinnacle will let you bet whatever you want because it is impossible to bet steam there.

sportscardheaven
    sportscardheaven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle was the best. Wish US had it back

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by increasedodds View Post
    Pinnacle will let you bet whatever you want because it is impossible to bet steam there.
    really?
    how do you figure that?
    your definition of 'steam' must be rather limited ?

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7994

There are plenty of losers so if you bet like most people, even if you are doing really well, I don't see why they would even limit you.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

because some of the U.S. books are still real bookmakers who worry more about managing their book and lines rather than the player.
    Euro books suck, you just described it nicely thou. So they hate arbers, how ironical that they do not mind if loosers go broke. I wish the gov. would go after them instead of places like Wsex, because they are much more dangerous with their shiny layouts only made for luring the gambling addicts in.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

Matchbook of course, they just make money on each trade and don't care if you win or lose.

peterd78
    peterd78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    because some of the U.S. books are still real bookmakers who worry more about managing their book and lines rather than the player.
    Euro books suck, you just described it nicely thou. So they hate arbers, how ironical that they do not mind if loosers go broke. I wish the gov. would go after them instead of places like Wsex, because they are much more dangerous with their shiny layouts only made for luring the gambling addicts in.
    Surely for the owners of a betting company, the aim is to maximise profits. I agree that the Euro books are unethical, greedy, bloodsucking etc. but it's just business at the end of the day so I don't blame them. I understand you can generate a much larger turnover by not imposing any limits but the fact that the vast majority of books do limit seems to indicates that it's the best way to go.
    I personally use Betfair which is by far the best Euro book. Can't say I know much about pinnacle to be honest but I'll have to look into them. I think enxchange betting has got to be the way forward for the bookmaking industry as a whole.
    Last edited by peterd78; 11-09-10 at 02:35 PM.

richb7a

best books for people who make living

and living inthe usa. I believe 5dimes, Matchbook is good want to hear other opinions

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by richb7a View Post
    and living inthe usa. I believe 5dimes, Matchbook is good want to hear other opinions
    well all I can say is I'm glad I don't live in the USA

without Betfair and Pinnacle I don't think I could do it

Matchbook is okay to a point but if you want to bet on anything other than US sports you're in trouble

5D limit you to waste of time levels after you show any talent for getting top prices so that's unlikely to be a useful option for very long

Absolutelyonfire
    Absolutelyonfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Bookmaker , Greek , Betonline

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

All good choices so far (although I don't know Betonline that well myself, and some of the others limit you but you should ride them until that happens) and I would add Grande but the bottom line is that if you're serious about betting sports you find a way into the non-USA books. Using USA-facing books to bet non-USA sports is miserable and using them to bet USA sports isn't much better.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol making a living with Tony and 5Dimes, good luck...unless you are good with 200 bucks/month ofc

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    lol making a living with Tony and 5Dimes, good luck...unless you are good with 200 bucks/month ofc
    lol,

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Grande for sure

jcurro
    Update your status
    jcurro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Pinnacle by far the best

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Grande for sure
    How can I sign up with Grande.what is their juice on NHL money lines? Thanx

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The best book is the book that pays.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook and Greek.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

richb7a, have you ever considered playing the stock market? you won't have to deal with any nonsense.

richb7a

I do trade the financial equity markets, I would hope 5dimes fixes there check procesing.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

rich, if 5 Dimes fixes whatever problem you're claiming to have, will you stop posting five threads a day?

Absolutelyonfire
    Absolutelyonfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

agree, that's consistent with my experiences
    pretty sure that if you are sniping the best prices they virtually regard you as an arber (which I'm not) but to them I suppose it has the same effect

if by US books you mean the Caribbean etc, they mostly will limit or even kick you out with the exception of Pinnacle and if you haven't got an account there you're just not serious about your betting
    Are you speaking from personal experience , as I don't think it is the case NOT with the reputable books anyways like The Greek and Bookmaker ??

Ganesh
    Ganesh's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 Dimes

richb7a

ilike 5dimes they are a good book,I want to able to take out 3k plus monday with fedex check, or wire fast. I believe 5dimes , greek both want your business.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes want your business if you're retarded

so you're good there, op
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: yisman

richb7a

5 dimes is good book, there are lots of bettors who do sport betting arbitrage. Please judge others as you would want to be judged. When we judge others we are really judging ourselves.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody would care if you arb, but unless you're arbing threads per day on sbr, you're creating an atmosphere which ruins the fun for the rest of us

richb7a

please, lets have fun. I never had the experience which I mentioned. I know 5dime is a solid book, matchbook is good

First 12