lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair mathced amount: 0.01?

This is happening to be occasionally: i make an offer, say: Lay 100 for x to happen at odds 6.
    and next day see amount matched: 0.01. unmatched 99.99.

anyone has theory of what this is? internal balancing of BetFair positions!?

psv777ua
    Update Status
    psv777ua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

probably the bet was not accepted, click to My account - Current bets - Unmatched - Cancel all unmatched

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

OK you offer odds of 6.00 for $100 .
    The other 5 people offer same odds John offer $60 Bill $120 and so on . All of you guys in total offer $499.99 @ 6 to1 .
    Mike comes in and bets $400 . So your bet/lay left unmatched . Few min later odds go up to 6.50 so no one is gonna take your offer (your odds are too low).
    Always make sure your bet is matched . Never leave your offer open . Because if you do that some of the games will go LIVE (in play) And your offer will go live 2.

GL.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

no. the bets self-cancel at kick-off.
    i am alone on first offer; only my 100 EUR is there. so if somebody matched it, it could only be mached to me.
    there must be something else going on.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lukahh, you may not be alone. Offers under £2 don't show (which there could be from earlier matched money, which has now gone). If you mean yours is the very first offer on the market, it could just be that someone or a bot randomly matches very small amounts as markers on the market. Plus, it only takes a little trickery to get Betfair to accept less than the minimum, though I don't see the point unless the bet is at very high odds?

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by AimingHigh View Post
    Lukahh, you may not be alone. Offers under £2 don't show (which there could be from earlier matched money, which has now gone). If you mean yours is the very first offer on the market, it could just be that someone or a bot randomly matches very small amounts as markers on the market. Plus, it only takes a little trickery to get Betfair to accept less than the minimum, though I don't see the point unless the bet is at very high odds?
    I think aiminghigh is on the point if you lay 2 or less it doesnt show and sometimes people bet strange amounts like back 12,01 or 14,03 it hapens